“Lovely hotel & good staff”
Review of Seiont Manor Hotel

Seiont Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanrug
Uk
“Lovely hotel & good staff”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We used the hotel as a stopover for 1 night whilst doing a mini tour of Snowdonia. The staff were extremely friendly, the rooms are generous in terms of size and the setting is idyllic.

This is not a 'glitz and glamour' hotel but what it may (to some) lack in that respect it makes up for by having friendly staff; nice touches like good quality tea and coffee in the room; good food; generous sized rooms and beds that are as comfortable as any I have stayed in and; it is clean and well kept.

We didn't get a chance to explore the grounds or use the facilities which is a great shame.

Amy (? spelling) on reception was very attentive and friendly as was the lady supervising be\reakfast...sorry, don't recall the name!

2 Thank WayneJ1966
Aled_Humphreys, General Manager at Seiont Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Seiont Manor Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments with regards to the hotel and the team, I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Seiont Manor very soon when hopfully you will have an opportunity to explore the grounds and make use of the leisure facilities.

Aled Humphreys

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I happened upon this hotel through laterooms - what a find. The place is gorgeous in wonderful grounds, with lake, river and streams. Rooms large and luxuriousness. Great pool and mini gym. Food as good as any you'd find in top restaurants in major cities. Very child friendly (but also romantic) with wonderful helpful, friendly and efficient staff. We'll be returning soon!

2 Thank Gillywombat09
Aled_Humphreys, General Manager at Seiont Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2012

I was delighted that you found us on one of the third party websites and to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments with regards to the hotel and the team, I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Seiont Manor very soon.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We only stayed the one Night, our friends were getting married on the Sunday. The Hotel was good, lovely big rooms, beds were really comfortable. Staff were really helpfull (especially Helen, she was lovely Diolch Mair a Joseph) I would love to stay here again even though i only live 4 miles away !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Seiont Manor Hotel to celebrate your friends wedding.

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments with regards to the hotel and the team, I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel, epsecially Helen.

I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Seiont Manor very soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We really liked this hotel.

The service offered by the staff is of a much higher class hotel they really are brilliant. They were very willing to offer us advice on where to go on Saturday night to get a bite to eat in Caefernon, we tried it and it really was worth the recommendation.

It wasn't a long stay, but we had a really beautiful day and the hotel placed us in one of their lower ground rooms with french doors onto a shared patio with tables for each room, this leads onto a manicured shared garden. Really lovely. The room itself whilst being decorated very nicely and really spacious, could be doing with a bit of refreshment.

The minor things I must note is the place was manic for breakfast, the fruit and pastries table lacked replenishment, it was well picked over when we arrived. Whilst we got great service when we got it we didn't get enough attention really, we ordered some extra toast with our eggs benedict and we gave up waiting for it in the end. But the eggs benedict was delicious, the lady serving us was absolutely crazy but really funny and inviting. The other point is to do with the bar, quite simply very highly priced.

After breakfast on the Sunday seems like a good time for a swim if you have the chance. Before breakfast was very busy. We had the pool almost to ourselves and it is a really nice pool.

To some up Seiont Manor is really good with room for improvement.

Room Tip: Ask for the lower ground rooms with access to the patio if you are going at a nice time of year.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your constructive feedback with regards to the hotel and the team which I have discussed with the team and can assure you that action will be taken with regards to the negative points raised.

On a more postive note I was delighted to read that your comments with regards to the level of service offered by the team.

I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Seiont Manor in the future.

herts
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We recently spent 3 nights at the Seiont Manor where my spouse has been on business several times. The main assets of the hotel are the lovely setting and the staff who were unfailingly friendly, polite and helpful. Although the meals are small, we enjoyed the imaginative dinners and the unexpected pre -starters and pre- puddings. Breakfast was well-cooked but things like fruit and pastries did seem to run out at times. Our room was fairly large and well-equipped but was disappointingly dark and a bit tired and nondescript. We didn`t sleep particularly well as the plumbing was very noisy and sound seemed to travel from neighbouring rooms. there were one or two minor housekeeping issued which were sorted out promptly but not what we would have expected from this standard of hotel. it did seem rather too expensive for what it was but we would probably stay there again because of its location and relaxed atmosphere.
Diolch yn fawr iawn, Helen a Dominic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tyngelli

I was sorry to read that some aspects of your stay did not live up to your expectations and have discussed your feedback with my team.

Thank you for your comments with regards to the team, I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel, especially Helen and Dominic.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here. Our room was reasonably large, the bed was superbly comfortable. The hotel is surrounded by farmland and we had lovely views from our room. Staff was very friendly and very keen to help. We thoroughly enjoyed our buffet breakfast, there was plenty of choice and all very tasty. The let-down was dinner. The portions were tiny and we were left hungry despite ordering 3-courses each.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

I was disapointed to read your comments with regards to the dinner in the Llwyn y Brain Restraurant and have discussed your comments with my Head Chef. Both of us would like to sincerely apologise that your experience did not live up to your expectations.

On a more positive note, I was delighted to read your comments with regards to the hotel and the team, I will ensure that they are passed to all the team members here at the hotel.

I do hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Seiont Manor in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our two night stay, 4 adults 1 child and a baby, was superb. Our rooms were spacious and quiet, with lovely views. The staff were helpful, very pleasant and professional.The hotel is in beautiful countryside with walks in the grounds which were perfect for our young grandaughter. The pool was also a big hit. We loved the breakfasts and dinner in the conservatory. We do not write reviews often, but we were all made to feel so welcome at this gem of a hotel that we felt we needed to write this one. This was our second visit and we will definately return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your return visit to Seiont Manor Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you and the family had such an enjoyable stay with us.

I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to Seiont Manor very soon.

Aled Humphreys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanrug
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge
Black Boy Inn
Black Boy Inn
#1 of 8 in Caernarfon

Been to Seiont Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!