“A home from home!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Llanfachreth B&B and Inns
Nuneaton, UK
“A home from home!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I returned to Wales to attend a funeral and stayed at Heulwen Guest House in the Lovely Village of Llanfachreth. I arrived late in the evening, and was tired and a little nervous about the next day, but Andy and Lwli were amazing! They made me feel welcome, comfortable and put me at ease!

The attention to detail that this lovely couple have is amazing! Lwli noticed that I didn't eat my crusts of my sandwich that evening, and when I had my breakfast the next morning I ordered 2 Poached Eggs on Toast, to my surprise, when Lwli brought out my breakfast, the crusts were already cut off! I asked her did she always cut the crusts off, and she said "I noticed last night you didn't eat your crusts, so I cut them off"
Now to some, this kind of attention to detail would be ignored, I for one was amazed!

The room was spacious, and the bed was incredibly comfortable, Lwli had even put two hot water bottles in the bed (It was mid December!) which was lovely to climb into a warm bed!

I was blown away by the shared bathroom! It was like one of those you see in a movie! A huge bath in the corner, a massive shower! I wanted this bathroom at home!

The guest living room was lovely (and because it was nearly Christmas, a Lovely Christmas Tree stood in the Corner, and I believe that Lwli spends a good day decorating it, and you could tell!)

The furniture screams quality, as with all of the Guest House!

To wake up to a view as I did from my bedroom window was amazing! Such peace and quiet!

Thanks to Andy and Lwli as well, they gave me wifi details, so I could use my Facebook on my phone as Mobile Phone signals are not easily come by in Llanfachreth.

It was a wonderful stay, and the next time I stay at Heulwen Guest House, I hope I have visited for a different reason!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank RobBranaghan

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic nights sleep, lovely hosts and great location.
We stayed in room 3, the views when we woke in the morning were breathtaking. Close to Dol, we had no idea how stunning this little village is, set amongst lovely forestry and streams, we were blown away by the beauty that lay right on the doorstep of this fantastic guest house.
Fantastic value for money, and a great breakfast, the Watts' are a lovely family and we'll be recommending this B&B to our friends and family.
Lots of activities in easy access, including biking, hiking, rafting, coast walking, zorbing, and a GoApe not far away. Of course if relaxing is more your thing, the property is set in plenty of land and there are a number of quiet sitting areas just outside the patio doors.
Looking forward to returning in the summer!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kirstyb83
London
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Looking for a decent place to stay to get the best two days MTB in the local areas I am very glad we came upon this place. Heulwen and Andy are lovely hosts, welcoming and make you feel at home. The bedroom was clean and spacious with a little settee and TV should you want to stay in your room. However we opted for the lounge area which had a lovely fire, comfy sofas and TV - just what you want after a day’s riding!
Being Autumn/Winter we didn’t take advantage of the lovely patio area, but the views were beautiful from all rooms. Breakfast was good with plenty to eat and we left feeling looked after ready for the new days riding ahead.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fizzyplay
Cheltenhan
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Five of us stayed here recently for 3 nights. Our daughter - who was with us - had been several times before and had highly recommended it. How right she was! It was lovely and the owners were so kind and friendly. We had two Spanish speaking relations with us and they didn't speak any English but our hosts were most helpful and even managed some greetings in Spanish. We are in the bed-and-breakfast business ourselves so we are not uncritical but we couldn't fault Heulwen and would love to return.

Room Tip: All the rooms were very spacious and spotless.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bermuda
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Spent two nights at this delightful B & B outside of Dolgellau. The previous TripAdvisor postings did not disappoint. Hosts were lovely, two rooms we had were large, well
appointed and breakfast was terrific. Would recommend to anyone wanting to spend
time in area. Easy access to bunch of great walks ( esp liked the Precipice Walk).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
mansfield.UK
Reviewed August 27, 2013

we stayed 2 nights and wish we could have stayed longer. every thing was superb, we have recommend it to numerous friends and we are sure they will enjoy it as much as we did.the views from any of the rooms are stupendous, and to be able to sit outside your own bedroom on the patio, you would paid an awful lot of money in any other place other than Heulwen. thanks heulwen and andy keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lorrainemanfield_UK
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

As a mountain biker I'd travelled to the area on numerous occasions and have stayed at Heulwen on more than few occasions. So when my wife wanted to go away for a weekend I felt very confident in the choice...... (obviously the fact that it is so near to the premier MTB trail centre in the UK was merely coincidental!).
Suffice to say she was over the moon with the experience, and I am now looking for a suitable bike for her to be able to progress. I owe this in large part to the warmth and kindness of Andy and Heulwen over the weekend that served in large part to veil my thinly disguised scheming.
The upshot being wifey can't wait to go back, and my view that this is without doubt one of the best B & B's I've stayed in anywhere was confirmed once more in spades.
If you are going to the area stay here. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Book early, being as good as it is demand is high.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Graham E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanfachreth
Plas Dolmelynllyn Hall Hotel
#23 of 33 in Dolgellau
Plas Gwyn B&B & Cottage
Plas Gwyn B&B & Cottage
#3 of 33 in Dolgellau

Been to Heulwen Guest House? Share your experiences!