“Fantastic afternoon canyoning”

Snowdonia Adventure Activities
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Llanbedr
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Snowdonia Adventure Activities provides instructor led activities to people of all ages and abilities. Activities include rock climbing and abseiling, kayaking, canyoning, gorge walking, mountain biking, mountain walking and scrambling, canoeing and undergroud trips.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic afternoon canyoning”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Myself a friend and my two 11 yr sons booked to go canyoning last minute with this company and had a fab experience. Originally we were booked onto do canyoning but alas it rained the whole day before so George decided for safety reasons gorge walking at a different river would be better. I was thankful for his thoughtfulness. The company kitted us out from head to tow includung boots. The gorge walking was fab and started with an abseil next to a water fall, I'm very scared of heights yet George's calming reassuring manner gave me the confidence to do it! Felt great after. George also took his camera and took lots of great pics of us all throughout the afternoon and uploaded them to Facebook the next day so we have now can cheap a physically reminder of our fantastic day. We will definitely use thus company again. Great day you will enjoy it so be brave and go for it. Both of my sons thanked me for booking us on and said it was great!!

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant kayaking trip upriver”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were taken out for a morning paddle by George, who arranged everything for us with less than a day's notice, out on one of the estuaries. He took us out to the estuary and we rode the incoming tide as far up as the river would allow, in glorious (ly showery) sunshine. The spring tide meant that very little paddling was required, and we saw the full length of the river right from the mouth, to the beautiful floodplain, to the beginnings of the woods & the valley.
George was a fantastic guide, telling us about the local history and the wildlife, and we would definitely come back again to explore the National Park more!

Visited July 2013
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of our holiday!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

On Wednesday August 14th Tim, Sam, Daniel and I spent the morning rock climbing and abseiling at Barmouth Slabs with Toni, George and Sparkie. The boys had a great time and were very good - Tim and I not so proficient but had a great time. The other family who joined us (Robin and family) were good fun too and we all encouraged each other. The afternoon session was canyoning with George. The rain started falling but it didn't really matter as we were scaling waterfalls and rapids and leaping from rocks. Scary but great fun and the boys enjoyed their 'adventure day'! Thanks - we would highly recommend this company for excellent company and value for money.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went canyoning in a group of seven and George our guide was great, very calm and patient. Beautiful scenery and so much fun, will definitely go again.

Merseyside
“Kayaking and gorge walk with George and Sparky”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Spent a gloriously sunny afternoon kayaking with George and my three kids (aged 13, 12 and 10). New experience for us, but really good fun. George had Sparky the dog who enthralled the kids probably even more than the activity.
It was so good the kids badgered me and about a week later we returned (this time with mum) for a whole day of kayaking followed by gorge walking. Kids made up to see Sparky again.
George took us to a fabulous relatively private spot where we swam under waterfall before starting gorge walk. He threw in lots of little extra's like jumps, slides and obstacles which the kids loved. Archie, my youngest was ready to do it all over again, and now thinks this is what he wants as a job "when I grow up". Very friendly and competent, I'm sure we'll be back for more.