“Best meal in Dolgellau!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dylanwad Da - CLOSED

Dylanwad Da
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: For over 20 years Dylanwad Da ("Good Influence") has been providing good food and wine in the centre of the beautiful little market town of Dolgellau. Dylanwad Da is open in the day as a Cafe/Bar and Wine Shop for coffee, cakes and tapas or to purchase any of our carefully selected wines. - See more at: http://www.Dylanwad.Co.Uk/index.Htm#sthash.UQTaBfKq.Dpuf
“Best meal in Dolgellau!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We managed to get in to the Dylanwad Da on a bank holiday Sunday on high recommendation from family (and trip advisor). A very unassuming restaurant inside and out, but delivering the most wonderful food and service, full of flavour! The olives and breads on the table to start were a lovely touch, we had 3 delicious courses, the main was accompanied by some of the tastiest vegetables I have ever had! The coffee at the end even came with some beautiful hand made chocolates. This can only be described as a perfect evening meal and we will be back on our next trip for sure, make sure you book well in advance as its not a big place and as you can imagine is in high demand!

• Visited May 2013
Dylan R, Owner at Dylanwad Da, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for your review and I'm very glad you managed to book a table with us. I'm pleased you mentioned the chocolates that Emma (one of our longest serving members of staff) makes, she's always thinking of new combinations and flavours and enjoys making them. We look forward to seeing you again now that the sunny weather has returned to North Wales!

warwickshire
“Fine food, friendly atmosphere, fab wine list”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Relaxed and friendly little restaurant. The chef/owner has created a little gem with great food and a very comprehensive, reasonably priced wine list. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the lamb & shiitake mushroom casserole; I had a perfectly cooked fillet of hake, both mains were served with a delicious tarragon mash and fresh veg. The wines available are vast, the owner is clearly into his vino! We returned a couple of nights later to buy a few bottles - anything that's on the wine list is available to takeaway (as you'd expect, prices for takeaway are less than the menu price).

• Visited March 2013
Dylan R, Owner at Dylanwad Da, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. Again, I have to mention T. J. Roberts of Bala who supplies the lamb, which is of course Welsh but is also hand picked by Mr Roberts himself at the local market every Thursday in Bala. I'm always pleased when people appreciate the wine! Yes, I'm certainly into my vino and travel throughout Europe looking for quality wine from producers I can trust to provide quality and consistency and also something a little different. Glad you enjoyed and hope to see you again soon, Dylan.
Nottingham
“Lovely atmospehere, good service and good food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This place is a lovely little bistro. The staff are very friendly. Even the chef came out at the end of the night to help recommend a local pub for us. We both had sirloin steak - delicious and perfectly cooked to order. If you like your wine you will love this place.

Dylan R, Owner at Dylanwad Da, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your evening with us. Our steak is from Bala butchers T. J. Roberts. They source their meats from Welsh Black herds on farms within the Bala and Penllyn area and can tell you exactly which farm the meat is from! As many will know, we have a special interest in wine and import a great deal ourselves to sell in our shop and restaurant. Thanks for the lovely review, we look forward to seeing you again sometime and maybe in our new wine shop next year? Dylan
sheffield uk
“Welcoming warmth on a wet Welsh evening”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Dylan's was recommended by Ffynon B&B (qv) and we were not disappointed. We (self & spouse) had starters & main, and wine - which has fuzzed my memory a bit as to what exactly we had - I know I had terrine followed by steak, not sure about my wife though !
Anyway, it was all absolutely delicious, and we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.
Go There ! You will not regret it.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank tim99
Dylan R, Owner at Dylanwad Da, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
What a lovely review and I'm so pleased you had an enjoyable evening. Ffynnon is a beautiful place to stay too. We're about to close for a short period for holidays and decoration on the 27th January 2013 and will reopen on the 20th March 2013. Hopefully you'll visit Dolgellau again and pay us another visit - our new wine shop in the town will be open at the end of the year if all goes to plan so these are exciting times for us. Thanks again.
“Lovely fresh food, welcoming people”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

A lovely evening spent here with friends, we were made very welcome, even with our young baby. The meals were fresh & delicious, the fish was cooked perfectly and the accompanying sauces were delicious. With great service and reasonable prices it would be hard to find fault with this little gem of a place.

1 Thank Karen P
Dylan R, Owner at Dylanwad Da, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your very kind comments. I'm really glad you enjoyed the evening and what a well behaved baby! Look forward to seeing you again soon in Dolgellau.