“A Relaxing and Comfortable Stay”
Review of Ffynnon

and 1 more site!
Ffynnon
Ranked #3 of 34 Dolgellau B&B and Inns
Skipton
“A Relaxing and Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our stay at Ffynnon House ticked all the boxes. It was our first visit to Snowdonia and we were looking for a comfortable and relaxing break. The b & b was well situated for Dolgellau overlooking the rugged and compact little town with much character. The house itself was immaculate in every respect cleanliness, facilities and furnishings. If you couldn't sleep in these beds with their quality sheets and pillows, you wouldn't sleep anywhere else either. Your whole stay was designed for comfort and relaxation whether it be in the lounge, bedroom or the utility room. The utility room was well equipped with wine glasses, microwave, table and chairs etc. All the friendly staff added to your relaxation by being able to anticipate your needs without making themselves intrusive. Steve the proprietor

1 Thank JohnsonYorkshire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

First off I should say that having had a couple of bad experiences with B&Bs I was shocked when the Mrs said she had booked one for a short stay in Wales. I shouldn’t have worried though Ffynnon is a very nice place to stay.
The hotel is well decorated throughout and very clean.
A lot of people have mentioned the roads are narrow – yes they are but easily passable with care people were driving 4x4s round them with no trouble and they aren’t very busy – take your time and you will be fine.
Our room was a good size very large and nicely decorated no obvious signs of use. The shortbread biccies were also topped up overnight which after staying at a “posh” hotel which didn’t bother to replenish the brewing up facilities was a major point in Ffynnon favour. The kitchenette area just down the hall is also well with stocked cutlery etc.
The honesty bar works well and while you pay a little more for small can of coke than you might otherwise but it isn’t city centre rip off prices and there’s a nice selection of drinks. We ended up having a few to watch alongside a DVD. There’s a huge – ill call it a cabinet but that’s doing it a disservice I’m sure full of DVDs I’m sure nearly everyone would find something to watch from kids to adults.
For a B&B I thought and the shower was powerful and hot and the toiletries were that nice I didn’t bother with my own.
The highlight of the place is definitely breakfast I don’t normally bother getting up for breakfast but I did on our last day and I was sorry I hadn’t made more of an effort. There’s excellent choice yoghurts and cereals etc followed by welsh breakfast, porridge with spiced apple, pancake’s, salmon for a small B&b the choice and quality are really excellent. Even the toast came out warm – I nearly fell of my seat when that happened!
The mrs went in the hot tub (cause she’s obsessed with ‘em) she was a little disappointed about the extra £10 feeling £5 would have been more reasonable as it wasn’t as deep as some she’s been in. I assume the products used to clean it and heat cost a fair few quid
Our room was also a little cold on arrival – we live in a house that our friends refer to as Ice station zebra so we got used to it quickly but I did end up moving the radiator screen as it blocked 90% of the heat coming from the radiator. As we were out for most out time here it didn’t make any difference to us but I imagine some people would need to ask for the heating to be turned up the staff were all friendly so I’m sure that this wouldn’t be a problem.
My only other very slight negative would be if you were a light sleeper you may wish to choose another room other than stanley. We did hear some doors slamming and some noise from the kitchen in a morning

Hereford
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a fabulous weekend break here, I couldn't recommend it more. We came to the area to explore the Cader Idris range and Ffynnon was a wonderfully luxurious base to come back to after a long day out on the mountain in the snow! The staff were very welcoming and friendly, the house is a perfect mixture of old and new and the breakfast was lovely. My favourite part though has got to be the bed...I have never felt such soft bedding, it's heavenly and they also offer you a choice of pillows which is nice. I also particularly like the addition of a small self catering kitchen so you can stay in and have a take away if you want a quiet night in, or alternatively tuck into the honesty bar that they provide in a wonderful sitting room!

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

One of the best hotels I have stayed in!
Entrance = lovely
Foyer = lovely
Breakfast = lovely
Room = lovely
Egyptian cotton sheets and choice of down pillows = amazing!!!

Just a little let down by the rest of the town which could be improved upon! Although really good restaurant called Y Meirionnydd nearby which lifts the town!

Surrounding area is scenic and tranquil!

• Stayed March 2013
cambridge
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is an outstanding boutique B+B /hotel. Comprehensive attention to detail and anticipated guest needs. It all works, and the owners are relaxed and natural making the whole experience outstanding. Stay here, this is top drawer, and worth every penny. Lovely period details in the old vicarage with some funky additions. Really , I can't find a negative. Oh yes another guest commented there was some moss on the lawn outside, there you go...

Room Tip: we stayed in the French room , each is themed but this had a large ensuite, whereas some have the ba...
Ffynnon, Manager at Ffynnon, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hi,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Ffynnon and hope you will return soon.
Regards,
Steve
p.s. The moss has now been eradicated :-)
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We loved it here, the room (Sydney) was perfect for a romantic getaway. FFynnon is beautifully presented, you recieve a warm welcome and they are discreetly attentive, very willing to help with booking restaurants. The breakfast was great. We loved everything about staying here, there was only one problem......that we wished we had booked to stay for longer!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ffynnon, Owner at Ffynnon, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hi Jax,
Debra, myself and the team are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Ffynnon is the perfect get away, romantic break hotel. I proposed to my girlfriend while staying at Ffynnon last December. We liked it so much we went back for Valentine's. We also love the Mawddach estaury - there are plenty of great walks close by with truly beautiful views. Steve and Debra are excellent hosts. Go, stay and enjoy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan C
Ffynnon, Owner at Ffynnon, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hi Jonathan,
Many thanks for your review. We're really pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Regards,
Steve
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dolgellau
Penmaenuchaf Hall
#7 of 34 in Dolgellau
Dolgun Uchaf  B & B
Dolgun Uchaf B & B
#14 of 34 in Dolgellau

Been to Ffynnon? Share your experiences!