“Poor service”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

The food was ok, but when we arrived there was only two other tables in, we ordered sandwiches and were waiting for twenty minutes when the waitress came over to tell us what we had wasn't available, we remained polite and patient and reordered, for another lengthy twenty minutes! For a few tuna sandwiches, we were not impressed. There was no apology, I'd be reluctant to return.

There are newer reviews for Y Sospan Cafe

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a warning; do not eat any where else if you are in Gwynedd !! This place is fabulous, and in comparison to eating places in near by Aberdovey and Tywyn I would rate it 5 stars against nil.

I had lunch there yesterday, very tasty and generous helping, and a reasonable price for both the food and wine, and excellent friendly service.

If you are on holiday in Aberdovey, get a taxi to Dolgellau, enjoy the cuisine of the Y Sospan, a taxi back, and save yourselves some money !!

Please note I do not include the Trefeddian Hotel amongst my criticism of Aberdovey eating houses.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I had an evening meal, the service was prompt although the staff did disappear out of view for periods of time.
There was a big party in and they up them upstairs to give other diners a quieter evening which I thought was very sensible.
The food was excellent, plenty of food and the quality was superb, Y Sospan is one of the best places I've found for steaks in the UK.
Leave room for desert they are big enough for one between two and very nice.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Went for a meal with 20 friends from our cycling club. Food, service and atmosphere was excellent! All round brilliantness! Thank you!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Called in while we were in the area at the weekend. We each had a hot drink and a traybake, both of which were really good. Only criticism is that the atmosphere was a little flat, all library-like inside and almost felt like we had to whisper so that we didn't disturb anyone - I'm sure it was just a coincidence though, and wouldn't put me off going back.