“Never disappoints, fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Criccieth
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family-run business for over 20 years offering deliciously home-cooked traditional British and international dishes for excellent value.
Wales
“Never disappoints, fantastic”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Poachers will always be my favorite place in Dine in Criccieth. I have never had a bad meal here, the atmosphere is always great and the food superb. Service can not be faulted, even with a fussy veggie like me, the service remains consistent, professional and friendly
Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012

York, United Kingdom
“Dinner at the Poachers”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We visited the Poachers on Friday 6th September. Very warm greeting, and shown to our table immediately, unfortunately they do not have a bar area to have pre-dinner drinks, but this did not deter from our experience. We were give both the set dinner menu and the a la carte menu. Alll three of us decided to select from the set menu (cost £16.00 for two courses). This menu was very extensive, and we had to think hard what to choose. Only had to wait a short while before the starters arrived. We choose seafood pasta and slow roasted belly pork as main course. My husband had never seen as much seafood in a pasta before, and my belly pork was very delicious, particularly the gravy. We thought that the portions might be reduced as this was a set menu, but this was not the case. In fact I had difficulty in finishing my dinner.

I would like to complement the staff and their service which was truly wonderful. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone going to Criccieth. You do really need to book a table at the weekend. Value for money was really excellent

Susan Smith
North Yorkshire

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank msh-smith
Greater Sydney, Australia
“Perfect adult dining”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

My friends uncle took us the Poachers saying it was the best restaurant in Criccieth, he was correct! Awesome food, hElpful friendly staff and a great evening out

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mattsowary
Wellington, United Kingdom
“Good quality meal”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our host who said that she'd never heard a bad comment from anyone about meals at Poachers. We all enjoyed a range of dishes and the restaurant was very popular when we visited - a good sign.

Visited August 2013
Lancashire
“A very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I were in North Wales and wondering where to go for an evening meal at relatively short notice. Someone had recommended Poachers, so I phoned to book. There was no table available until 8.45, so I booked it.
The waitresses were very friendly and attentive. The starters were almost a meal within themselves. I had the goat's cheese, which was delicious. We asked what the bread was that came at the beginning of the meal and were told that it was cardamom bread. Lovely! We were brought 'seconds' at no charge.
My main meal was the lamb. This came with fresh vegetables, but not your usual boring peas and carrots. We had no room for desert - more's the pity as the people's on the table next to ours looked absolutely scrummy.

• Visited August 2013