“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I must admit that I did not expect to eat this well in Criccieth! The owner/chef is French and with his Welsh wife produced a really nice meal. Using local ingredients with a little French flair they served up a memorable dinner.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were so impressed by our first visit a couple of months ago that we decided to have seconds! All the staff were very friendly and polite. Our evening was not rushed at all and the restaurant was very busy so its best to book. We had the crab, dill and chilli for starters along with a generous bread box selection. My wife had the sea bass with a red pepper sauce with French fries and a side salad. I had lamb rump with season vegetables and new potatoes. Our meals looked great and tasted even better, all washed down with a nice Pinot Grigio blush.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I dined in Tir-a-mor yesterday and were incredibly impressed by the ambiance and the friendliness of the staff. The food was absolutely fantastic! I had the cod (the sauce was out of this world, and the fish and vegetables were cooked to perfection) followed by the chocolate brownie (gooey, chocolatey and just wonderful!) and he had the seafood pot (the monkfish was spectacular, he had a great selection of fish and the sauce was lovely) followed by the apricot tart (sweet, flavoursome and delicious).

We will definitely be going back on our next visit to the Llyn Peninsula! :D

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were turned away by Poachers Restaurant and ended up at Tir A Mor. And we were certainly glad we did. The restaurant was very busy but they found us a table on the first floor. We both chose the three course set menu, including a glass of house of wine, for £23.
My wife chose the mackerel pate, chicken and creme brulee. I chose a salad for starter, cod with a ginger and chilli sauce and the creme brulee. The quality was excellent,as was the presentation. The size of the portions belied the price.

1  Thank Kenneth P
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were in Criccieth on saturday night, and decided to have dinner at this restaurant (menu appealed to us more than the other places, NO OFFENCE) and we werent dissapointed. I had the crab with dill and chilli as a starter, my partner had the goats cheese with caramelised onion, both were very nice. As a main, we both chose the corn fed chicken with tarragon,vermouth cream sauce with a side of veg. Beautiful!!! The wine list is very impressive fair play, but i stuck to lager which i was surprised to learn they had bottled Wrexham lager. (thought they didnt exist anyomore) All in all, nice restaurant,beautiful place by the sea.Reasonably priced food. Well worth a look in if your in the area.