1,031 results
All reviews bar meals buffet breakfast main building beer garden coach party family room porridge lovely hotel north wales hotel bar evening meal weekend break plenty of choice coach trip lounge area comfortable room dining room
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days with a holiday group and was delighted with everything. My room was very clean and had a new bathroom. The food and service was excellent. I think the hotel was pretty full so the staggerd times for breakfast was a sensible idea although some people did grumble about it. I will look for future holidays that stay at the The Lion because I would love to stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
7  Thank ann_drew
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed at the Lion to meet some friends for a weekend break. Comfortable and clean and can only describe the staff as first class. Food was excellent with service to match. On the way back home to Cumbria I realised I had left a very expensive jacket in our room. Contacted reception who took the time and trouble to package it up very nicely and a big thank you to them for their efforts. Don't hesitate to book a break at this hotel

Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank wrighty320
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very reasonably priced hotel, great location to explore North Wales. Room was a good size and the bathroom was modern and even had a sea view!

A good choice of breakfast and the staff were very helpful.

Overall no issues and would stay again if in the area.

Room tip: Ask for one with a sea view
4  Thank grommit35
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights 20th/21st Sep and had a great time. Staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough to help you. Food was superb.
Orginally booked for the Friday only but weather delayed our trek so wanted to stay another night - staff happily accomodated us at short-notice, keeping the same room in the main part of the hotel.
Special thanks to Grace who made us feel so welcome.
Will definitely use hotel again when we revisit in the next year or so with our son.

4  Thank wibley18
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stopped here for Lunch after viewing the "Special" two for £12 menu, I had "Home Made" chicken and leek pie, and my wife had Ham and eggs, a reasonable price for the area, but lacking in appearance and quality.

The Chicken Pie was a square cut from a much larger whole, and what little filling was in it was tasty, but the pastry was overcooked and the outside crust was too hard to eat and I left it, the chips were plentiful but looked insipid and had lots of small pieces of potato which were too hard to eat.
The gravy which covered the pie was a little like light brown colored water, and there was no sign of any vegetables, a few peas would have made it more appetizing.

My wife's Ham and eggs were tasty enough, but again the chips and no veg. let this meal down.

The lounge area were we ate was very nicely decorated, and the service was speedy and efficient.
I understand the need to produce a meal at an economic price, but my meal must have cost less than £1 to produce, making it very profitable but at what cost to future business.

I would not return ...