All reviews alfa travel alfa coach castle view entertainment room entertainment every night leisureplex hotels chef's specials vegetarian options large comfortable room high street waiters waitresses half board each evening coach party good points lovely shower table service
Reviewed October 20, 2009

My wife and I arrived wondering what to expect after reading some of the existing reviews. We travelled from Kent for a five day break with Alfa Travel and got to the hotel at about five o'clock. Our room was on the first floor and adequate for our needs. The en-suite facilities were ample and clean with complimentary toiletries and, one of my favourites, a squeaky board just inside. No chance of quick, quiet visit to the loo in the middle of the night! (see my previous reviews!)

The service was impeccable with attentive staff and beautifully cooked food. The staff were always ready to provide everything you needed and were genuinely sorry to see us go home (I think)

The hotel is now part of the Leisureplex group and I think that this accounts for the 'improvements' noted in previous reviews.

The location is good and, although situated on the main road through Criccieth, there never seemed to a large amount of traffic.

As our group, approximately 25, were the only inmates (sorry ... guests) things were very quiet in the evening and the entertainers were often entertaining a handful of guests, but they soldiered on with typical Welsh determination until it was time to finish.

I would have no hesitation to go back again and would recommend it to those travelling to North Wales at any time.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank BrianCropster
Reviewed July 17, 2009

At first sight, the hotel looked rather grand, if a little ''faded'' BUT although that was the case inside too....the staff and food more than made up for the lack of spendour that one would have liked! however this hotel needs thousands if not millions to bring it back to its former glory. I would stay there again despite this, just because the room was clean, and the smiles that I received all the time from the members of staff. And the Manager was always attentive.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank Welshvisiter
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Although the interior decor is quite old fashioned, there are some very pleasant new soft furnishings. The meals are varied, there is regular evening entertainment and the hotel is comfortable. But above all its the efficiency and care of the staff which makes this hotel memorable.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank Armchairgardener
Reviewed April 2, 2009

I took my mother away for a 5 day break with a large tour group. The room we had was a very pleasant, warm, clean twin room. There was plenty of hot water. We had magnificent views of Criccieth Castle. Despite there being at least 30 in our group the staff were all very efficient and well mannered. Food was served nice and hot and we didn't need to wait long for our meals.

• Stayed: March 2009
2  Thank DawnWeymouth
Reviewed October 18, 2008

Okay I have blogged about this hotel at http://tinyurl.com/5ohuqf but in summary this place is an accident waiting to happen. They have no sense of customer service and the place is so dated it should be shutdown under the trade descriptions act for calling itself a hotel.

Try the Marine Hotel down the road, for a much better experience, nicer views, and a breakfast that is cooked with heart!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank MarkDalton