“Lovely "Country House" Hotel”

Bron Eifion Country House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Criccieth
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here last November for one night and it was lovely! The bedroom we had was large and well furnished, the bed was huge!! Only slight drawback was a rather noisy fan in the bathroom. It was very quiet when we were there so atmosphere a bit subdued but I can imagine it would be a fabulous venue for a wedding. The staff were very helpful and the food in the restaurant was excellent although for breakfast I had smoked haddock and it was tiny. All in all it is a good hotel for a bit of a luxury break, certainly better than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bron Eifion Country House Hotel

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Recently I had the pleasure of a visit to the Bron Eifion Country House Hotel - albeit way too brief. I was attending 2013 Festival No.6 at Portmeirion as a guest of the group Chic and we had a meeting scheduled with one of the band members afterwards and as they were based in the hotel for the night, it was agreed that we met up there. It was very late and a horrible wet night when we reached the hotel but as soon as we walked through the door, a warm and friendly welcome awaited us as we were greeted by the very courteous manager, Marie and treated to some beautiful home made soup and breads.
As our meeting was so late, I assumed that we would be a total inconvenience to a staff getting ready to clean up and prepare for the following day’s business but no, we were made feel totally welcome by all there.
As I am in the same trade, I know how challenging it can be to have unannounced ‘late comers’ showing up but for us, we felt a very welcome hand extended to us and so much so, that I personally look forward to a stay at the Bron Eifion Country House Hotel in the New Year where I will be keen to experience a larger slice of the warmth and hospitality shown to us on a very dark, late, wet and miserable night. I totally recommend this hotel if you wish to experience high standards, a beautiful setting and very personable and efficient staff

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Johnsee42
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Had a fantastic overnight break at the hotel with my wife . Beautiful, peaceful country house hotel in settings perfect for a winter walk .
The food was excellent and good value off the set menu. Would definitely go back... Great find.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I just completed a world tour with Nile Rodgers and Chic. 100 cities around the world. I'm finally home and have a chance to sit down and flashback to the most memorable stops. I had the pleasure of visiting Bron Eifion Country House Hotel. I am from New York City. I didn't think places like this still existed. I fell in love from the door...literally. The front door opened to a magical experience unlike many of the hotels that I've stayed in. We were greeted by a staff of truly professional, polite and wonderful people who took great care of us. You can always tell how great a hotel or a restaurant is by the number of locals that are there. The Bron Eifion was full of locals enjoying their afternoon lunch, chat and tea. I had a chance to sample the goods. The food was just as amazing as the views. The night was cold and when we returned, we were greeted with homemade soup and hot drinks. Totally unexpected and totally warm and perfect. It felt like you were coming home to Moms house. You know...that warm and cozy feeling you get when you're in a place that's familiar. That's how it felt. Me, being the true New Yorker that I am, I am use to people getting on their way in the hustle of the day to day life and their own worlds. I appreciated the warm welcome, the treatment by the staff and the pampering from the door all set to a backdrop of beauty, history and romance. I travel for a living. This is a place that I am planning on returning to. Thank you guys for everything!!

See you again.
Ralph Rolle

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Ralph R
Reviewed December 20, 2013

the hotel and furnishment very nice but there was no xmas atmosphere the waitress was allowed to deal with unacetpatable behaviour from other guests and then we were asked to leave before the taxi arrived on a wet & windy night the food was presentable but for our special occassion and hefty price was basic & we felt as locals that taking our manager for a special meal would have been a night to remember for all the right reasons!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rhian J
M_Welsh_Manager, Manager at Bron Eifion Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

This review refers to Friday 20th December when there was a number of private parties celebrating Christmas. The four course festive menu at £24.95 including a disco offered good value for money and all guests gave good feedback on leaving. There was one incident where a very drunk guest became a nuisance and was asked to behave or leave the premises. Under no circumstances whatsoever was any other guest asked to leave the Hotel. Incidentally the Taxi drivers came into the Hotel to seek their customers. As a manager on duty all evening this review leaves me bemused!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My mother arranged for us to go for christmas afternoon tea at bron eifion,when we arrived we had to search for staff, the place was empty, eventually someone turned up. Tea was an absolute disappointment, tray bake cakes, leaden scones, disgusting welsh cakes and frozen eclairs, no offer of further hot water for tea. Then the waiting staff turned up and began to hoover the dining room whilst we were still eating, it was 3pm, so we had hardly out stayed our welcome for afternoon tea! Bron eifion had advertised this as a christmas experience, my mother whose treat this was was very disappointed and it was a waste of £45, no atmosphere, no welcome and very poor food..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank lynn e
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My partner and i have returned to this hotel time and time again , this time was the best as usual the staff aré very attentive and professional, we dined in the resteraunt and boy did we have a treat. The food was delicious, and looked stunning i had the scollops and my partner had the belly pork to start then for mains we both had the chicken deightfull , then finished with an indulgent chocolate dessert , would recommened to anyone !!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Criccieth
Caerwylan Hotel
#4 of 6 in Criccieth
Royal Sportsman Hotel
Royal Sportsman Hotel
#2 of 2 in Porthmadog

Been to Bron Eifion Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!