“Picturesque relaxing experience”

Bron Eifion Country House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Criccieth
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have attended a wedding here and was 'blown' away with the beautiful location so decided to spoil myself and stay for a couple of nights.The hotel is big enough to cater for weddings whilst still catering for the individual.I had seen one of the rooms that my friends were staying in for the wedding so rang to book direct and asked for the 'deluxe' room, well I said I wanted to spoil myself and the room did not disappoint. The bed was large and comfy the room spotless and after a really fantastic meal and a few drinks in the well stocked bar I had one of the best nights sleep I have had in a long time. The weather was beautiful and after an excellent breakfast we decided to have a stroll down to the beach as the sea is visible from the hotel. The manager and owner were very knowledgeable about the area and helped with our questions of where to visit. The staff were very pleasent and the menu was very tempting, it was hard to choose just one meal!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break with fantastic food, beautiful surroundings and a hotel that pays attention to detail. At the end of my short break I did not want to leave and after enjoying an ice cream at Cadwallers I am already planning my next stay at Bron Eifion...

Room Tip: Ring the hotel direct for information about the rooms. The rooms on the gallery landing are lovely.
2  Thank rockchick_lisa90
There are newer reviews for Bron Eifion Country House Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked a table for 12 for a birthday party Sunday Lunch here recently. Firstly, I would like to say that the food was excellent, they had a nice selection and it was of a very good quality. Secondly, the waiting on staff were all pleasant.

However there were a few issues which we picked up on and as a consequence I don't think we would book to go there again. As I mentioned, the waiting on staff were very pleasant, however, the service was very slow and very disorganised (wrong food brought out, failure to check with the kitchen whether any of the dishes contained garlic etc). The vegetables were brought out before many of the main courses had actually been served and went cold pretty quickly as a result. One of the dishes hadn't been wiped properly underneath so my boyfriend got soup on his shirt. The menu listed 'slow roasted vine tomato with garlic croutons' as being one of the starters - no mention of the word soup in there!

We also had to wander in and find our way to our table, nobody came to lead us to it. They also charged us full adult price for two of the young children and the meals they had (you would really expect a child's portion and rate to be available) and also charged us £5 for cutting a birthday cake we had brought ourselves, which was a bit cheeky I thought, seeing as our total bill came to over £300!

Overall the food was lovely, as I mentioned, however the atmosphere was nonexistent, and it seemed very 'dull' in there. I wouldn't choose here again for a large gathering.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura P
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My partner and I have visited north Wales before many times but this was the first time at this lovely hotel. We were greeted with a friendly welcome and shown to our rooms with the offer of a complimentary cup of tea and coffee in the lounge after we had unpacked. The lady who checked us in was really helpful and attentive giving lots of information about local attractions and events and even went to the trouble of offering to book tickets for us on-line saving us time and trouble. We had dinner in the restaurant on each night of our stay as the menu was changed each day with fab local dishes, salt marsh lamb, locally caught lobster and a fantastic banana bread pudding! 2courses for £25.00 which we thought was excellent value for money. The restaurant has to be one of the most amazing rooms I have seen, certainly in a country house hotel. It's beautiful and the food definitely does it justice. The bed was comfy and the room spotlessly clean.
Breakfast is just as good with everything served at the table. No buffet serve yourself style . Everything is cooked to order meant a little wait but we'll worth it and when you stay in a place like this why hurry - We,ve discovered our fave place and will be coming back soon, can't wait!

Room Tip: We booked a deluxe big bed and lots of space
2  Thank 184Jeanb
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just spent four fabulous days at this hotel with my husband and our two friends. First class service and very friendly and welcoming staff. There is a lovely terrace with hanging baskets all around and we had dinner each evening "al fresco" it just felt like a holiday abroad and the food was excellent. My friend who is a celiac said they gave her the best food she has ever had! We will definitely return and hope we can book the same weather for our next trip please broneifion? Thank you to all

Room Tip: Book direct with them - so they can tell you about the rooms in more detail
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jean B
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This beautifully located hotel stands in lovely grounds and is close to the sea. Had a short stay at this country hotel. The Manager very accommodating and the staff lovely but not enough of them!! Very long delays for breakfast and staff working overtime to clean rooms and hotel areas. This was probably due to the hotel being full, but it should not happen. However, we will return as our stay was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a view of the sea.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank suesMidlands
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were shown to our table as we arrived and thenjust left there, we were totally ignored by the staff for at least 15 to 20 mins. Tried to get there attention when they were passing to no avail. Had to get up in the end to ask for menu. We were offered a drink as compensatiopn and I had a glass of wine which all I can say is that they must of gone to the dishwasher to fill my glass.
The starters were just thrown on the plate wish soggy salad. The main course was served with vegetables on the plate not in a bowl on the side and the Yorkshire pudding tasted of nothing but burned fat. My hubby had the salmon with mustard mash and the plate was piled high with the most disgusting pile of mash hes ever tasted. We did comment to the waiters and they just appologised and when we went to pay the bill the Manager(Woman) just said o well. If we didnt have a voucher for the meal I would of insisted on not paying. Worst meal ever if I could score a minus I would.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wendy J
Reviewed July 14, 2013

As the weather had finally settled we decided to take a couple of days break in North Wales. The Bron Eifion seemed to fit the bill as it was central to where we wanted to visit. The hotel was a joy to behold from the moment we arrived. A beautiful country manor in well maintained gardens, overlooking the sea. We were greeted and shown to our room, whereupon we were informed we had been give an upgrade, we were delighted to find a spectacular bedroom and bathroom, there was plenty of storage with a wall mounted flat screen television and tea/coffee making facilities. There was no air conditioning but we requested a fan and it was in our room after we came back from dinner. Drinks prices were not extortionate as in some hotels and the food in the restaurant was beautiful. The staff were very friendly, nothing too much trouble. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Criccieth
Caerwylan Hotel
#4 of 6 in Criccieth
Royal Sportsman Hotel
Royal Sportsman Hotel
#2 of 2 in Porthmadog

Been to Bron Eifion Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!