“Not as good as previous visit” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Wrexham
“Not as good as previous visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Having been to the Black Lion on previous Occasions and found everything about the place excellent the food always seemed to be freshly cooked and the Beef/Turkey was cooked to perfection so it was very disappointing when we called in last Sunday 24th Feb my partner and i to find the food was not up to its usual standard the Veg seemed to be boil in the bag the Beef was tough as old boots and the usual lovely Turkey had changed into some processed stuff and the rich gravy had been watered down it might have been they had been busy earlier in the day but this was not a good advertisement for the pub we will give the place another go i just hope the chef can revert back to fresh produce Succulent Beef and proper Turkey

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank UsherWrexham
Black Lion N, Owner at The Black Lion, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I am extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your visit this time. We were extremely busy for most of the day and ran out of all stock. The turkey was freshly cooked that morning. I am deeply sorry and would like to offer a free meal on your return.
Regards leon and kyle
Call me on 01244 816855

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“First Visit.. Wont be my last!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Dined here on February 9th..
The Black Lion was warm and inviting, smart well presented staff who were most friendly and pleasant in their manner. Smart dressed tables lit by subtle candlelight, clean cutlery and napkins.. great start!
Menu was broad and varied.. all 8 of my party were impressed by our dishes. The carvery dinner ordered consisted of roast turkey which was succulent and an enormous portion was my favourite part of the meal. It was served with boiled potatoes, cauliflower, carrots and a leek and onion mix.. well worth the £5! We didnt have dessert, we really were too full. As we were finishing the meal.. there was entertainment starting in the bar area and we stayed to enjoy the company. The couple who were singing were fab.. mix of Buble, Sinatra.. well anything! They actually did Black eyed peas which I was quite impressed with! There was an abundance of singers waiting to get on that kareoke and it really was an enjoyable night. The management Leon & Kyle were excellent hosts, making sure all drinks were topped up and had a conversation with all of our party. All in all a really pleasant day/night out. I will be going back when visiting Mold again.

• Visited February 2013
Flint, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Now I have to say that I am being really really picky here.
When you go in you go to the bar to view a menu...the lights above are not great they alter colour making it difficult to see the menu. When I called earlier in the day I was informed there were Healthy options...perhaps on the menu manager could depicted these by putting a green 'H' by the side as in all honesty although I am trying to keep healthy I really don't want to shout about it.
The soup was lovely and hot served with warm bread and plenty of it. My Salmon was lovely but too much sauce for me...maybe a sauce boat could be used? But apparently all the veg had gone...bit odd for a Saturday
There was music there tonight but it seemed that the gentleman in charge didn't know what he was doing in the fact there were long pauses between songs. The music was Brat Pack/ Buble. Nice to listen to while you chat...perhaps next time turn the volume down a bit.
The chefs food is cooked perfectly and the girls who work behind the bar and waitress as well can't do enough for you. I will be back :-)

“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have visited the black lion on several occasions and have been very pleased with the food! I have recently had a family gathering where a large amount of had meals, the meals came in a reasonable time and where great. The atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly and staff are very accommodating. Would highly recommend

Flintshire
“Excellent food, good traditional pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have now eaten here a couple of times since it has been under new management, myself and my collegues have always had wonderful meals and will definately be going back in the near future. I would strongly disagree with the comment below about packet food, the food is definately fresh and worth waiting for. The pub itself has been decorated very tastefully with plenty of room for people eating and drinkers. The staff are always friendly and helpful.

3 Thank rhianelewis