“Impressive setting. Great food”

The Stables Bar Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Northop Hall
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chester, United Kingdom
“Impressive setting. Great food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I used to come here quite a bit a few years ago but had forgotten about it really until a friend suggested it for a catch up lunch.
The drive up to Soughton Hall was as impressive as I remembered.
Inside we sat in the bar downstairs - but we did have a nosy upstairs at the restaurant - very nice!
We had sandwiches: me, a steak with onion confit and mustard mayo; and my friend Cajun chicken. We shared a portion of chips- gorgeous!!
It was a really nice place to meet up. There were other people in but it wasn't busy. I get the feeling that like me people have forgotten it is there!?
I will be back - possibly for a family get together soon!

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank ffordd75

Ruthin, United Kingdom
“You will be eating more than hay at these magnificent stables”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was my first time visiting this restaurant and I must say driving down the long drive with the Hall in front was something quite special. The atmosphere and décor of the restaurant and bar was wonderful. Food was good, a brilliant menu with great choice and variety. A couple of ingredients really didn't go well with a couple of dishes my friends had, maybe trying to be a tad too clever?!? Service was patchy during the busy period, so we did struggle to get the attention of waiter/waitress after numerous attempts. All in all a pleasant dining experience that I will be returning for, maybe not on a Friday night though! Well worth a visit

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank STE2410
Conwy
“A Revisit with Family”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I visited the Stables bar on a Saturday lunchtime in early September for a birthday celebration. Joining me were various members of my family ranging from grandchildren through to an elderly aunt.( 12 in all). The food was great, with everyone seeming to enjoy all that they had selected, service was first rate and paced just right, and the wide selection from the bar was extensively used. A special birthday made very memorable by everyone, staff, chef and family.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Dwygyfylchi
Wales
“A Stable Choice”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent food and excellent service with a well thought out and balanced menu..A relaxed atmosphere.

Visited November 2012
Wales
“A Stable choice”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent food and excellent service.with a well thought out and balanced menu. A relaxed atmosphere..

Visited November 2012