“The Family Sciarrillo brings real Italian trattoria style to Mold”
Review of Belvedere

Belvedere
Ranked #20 of 86 Restaurants in Mold
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great little family trattorria.... Each time I visit I am transported back to those simple wholesome and delicious dining experiences in Italy.
Authentic welcoming freshly prepared and a real nice guy who will sit and chat at end of evening/ service. Closed August how much more Italian can you get ...... But Great!
Not criticism but to clarify no outside or bar straight to table as should be.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

As per the title - nice, simple Italian food.

I usually go with one or two friends and will have a pasta dish each with a pizza or two to share.....and a bottle of beer...works out about £15 a head which is quite reasonable.

I normally eat the Cannelloni which is excellent. The ONLY criticism I would have is that out of the three or four times I've eaten thererecently...the food isn't totally consistent. On one occasion the cannelloni felt as though the pork (I think) mince that was used was a little cheap...a little gristly....

Other than that one off - very nice, simple food, nice staff and a nice atmosphere.

Try it.

James

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The best traditional Italian I have ever been to. The owner even closes the business for a couple of months in the summer and goes back to Italy! Definitely not a Pizza Hut!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

on a quiet mid-week evening you expect the owners to welcome customers but we were hurried to the point we thought we were an inconvenience. we booked table for 7.30 and by 8.30 the owners were looking at their watches! Thought the food was very average. tortellini over cooked. baccala tasted like battered fish, the best part of the meal was the pizza. 3 starters, 4 entrees, 2 coffees, 1 bottle italian wine (yes we asked for the cork) was 100£ Definitely not the best italian food i have ever had. maybe would return for the pizza but still piqued by the owner hovering to get us to leave.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

What a little gem of a place. Been here many times. Food freshly cooked by husband and wife, and owners are charming. Cosy atmosphere although a little old fashioned now, but we love it.