“Fab Cream Tea”

Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Coffee and tearoom
Description: Coffee and tearoom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Arrives at 4pm , which is when most places close in Mold, so half expected to be told we couldn't even have a cuppa, never mind a hot meal
I had a gorgeous cream tea and could choose the sandwiches from any they made, huge slice of bara brith and a gorgeous scone with clotted cream.
Waiter kept offering to refill our tea pots too
My sis and her daughter had hot meals which were also delicious and arrived together
Pretty little tea shop

4  Thank PrincessFS2013

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Visited Truly scrumptious on Saturday, a lovely welcoming fresh feel when you walk in. The menu is full of choice, then there's the fresh homemade cakes to choose from too! We went with tea's & coffee with a sausage & bacon sandwich, service was officiant, food and drink was good and service with a smile. So along with the beautiful decor and cheery atmosphere our visit was great! And will defiantly be going again next time were in Mold!!!

3  Thank LouBaby J
Reviewed August 13, 2013

On a recent visit to Mold, we discovered Truly Scrumptious cafe in King Street- what a great find!! Clean and bright interior decor with individual tables covered in real linen tablecloths. As it was mid afternoon, we chose the full afternoon tea. I can´t help commenting that our food was served on charming vintage china. This definitely was a plus and made a difference compared to other places. We started with 4 different types of finger sandwiches accompanied by homemade coleslaw, which were followed by fruit scones with clotted cream and jam, and we ended with a choice of homemade cakes. All of which was washed down with as much tea as we could drink. The food was fresh and delicious. We thought it was great value for just £12.96 for 2 people.

Whilst waiting for the bill, I perused the extensive menu, which included full English breakfast, filled paninis, baked potatoes, other hot & cold snacks, plus a range of homemade cakes, all reasonably priced.

In summary, if you are in or near to Mold, I highly recommend a visit to Truly Scrumptious, as I believe you won´t be disappointed.

3  Thank Absalon_mad
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Visited truly scrumptious tea room today with my daughter and we had an afternoon tea with the most gorgeous scone, clotted cream and jam. Prices were very reasonable on the menu. Both my daughter and i had never visited before today but most certainly will again in future, and will definately be trying that 3 layer chocolate cake! The service was excellent with very pleasant and welcoming staff.

3  Thank AnnD889
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Visited with my husband and we thought that the cafe was a rip off of many othe cafes in Mold. Totally unoriginal and the food wasnt any better. Bland tasting as was the service.