All reviewscoach tripno liftnational holidaysevening mealexecutive suitebar mealsarches bargood sizenorth waleslovely hotelbirthday partysalmonplenty of parkingtea and coffeeexcellent value for moneybit datedfunction room
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had such a welcome back at the Beaufort Park to celebrate our wedding anniversary at the end of September, we were given a free upgrade to the bridal suite and treated to a lovely bottle of champers along with chocolates and strawberries which was a lovely surprise. Food and service as always was faultless, we love the relaxed atmosphere of both the hotel and bar, staff always helpful and accommodating, we look forward to staying again in the near future, big thanks to Lesley and James for making it a perfect weekend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Liz E
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September, I did not write a review then because it would not have been favourable to the hotel. But to be honest, they took everything I had to say and acted upon it, listened and offered a return FOC. So I will not go into first visit. But what I will say is that on our second visit 12/10/13, I could fault absolutely nothing about our stay. The room was perfect, the bar had entertainment on and that was very good and the breakfast in the morning was good. I would like to thank the hotel for giving me the oppurtunity to revisit and to experience it when there is less going on. EXCELLENT STAY. THANK YOU. I WILL RETURN NOW.

Room Tip: I prefer suites because I like to be able to sit comfortably in rooms and suites generally come with a sofa.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank patty d
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Managed to get a late booking for an overnight mid-week stay on the occasion of a friend's wedding. Had to phone them several times for a possible cancellation, even though Reception said they would phone us, which they didn't. Bedroom was spacious and comfortable, although rather jaded. Food was quite adequate and enjoyable. Reception staff quite surly, but rest of staff were helpful, polite and pleasant. Free wifi was available, but only at front of large entrance lounge, not in bedrooms. Nice grassed area next to hotel for small marquee / gazebo for drinks / wedding photos, etc. Plenty of free parking. Our room was reasonable cost, £65 for B & B. Would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KevtheExplorer
Reviewed October 10, 2013

After having to change venue, at very last minute due to child care issues, we decided to stick very local & headed to the Arches at the Beaufort Park Hotel

Ambience is fine, decor typical hotel bar/restaurant style, menu & specials board( whole tail scampi as a " special") fairly standard.

Waiting staff were lovely & friendly/polite

Starter of Potted shrimp & salmon rillettes - fine. Came with a huge chunk of bread & a side salad containing half an onion (?) some salad leaves & a tasty dressing. The potted portion was very heavily chilled & was mostly (& overwhelmingly) salmon but tasty enough

Ordered 2 mains. 1 of ribs & 1 of steak....to be served MEDIUM

Ribs were lovely & tender & pretty tasty but did benefit from the extra pot of barbecue sauce served on the plate. The coleslaw was mostly huge bits of cabbage, not a fan of corn on the cob but it looked nice so would be appreciated by those that enjoy it I'm sure. the chips were plentiful (too many to finish) & perfectly cooked. Having suffered ribs served at a lukewarm temp previously, in many places, I was very pleased to have these served piping hot & really enjoyed this meal.

Steak(supposedly med cooked) was very tasty, the chips were tasty & very well cooked, as was the accompanying tomato & mushroom. HOWEVER, on cutting into the main part of the steak it became evident-pretty quickly- that this steak was med rare as blood quickly pooled onto the plate & the centre of the steak was oozing blood & bright pink. LOVELY- if only the eater wasn't a transplant recipient with no immune system who had specified med precisely because if was cooked any less there would be a HUGE risk of food poising &, due to the inability to fight off infection - death!!!

No one came to check the meal was ok so had to go to the bar to say we would like to return the steak.

Several minutes later a lovely waitress came over & asked if we needed a new steak. As the steak eater was a chef of 27 years experience, no fuss was made. Simply a request to take the steak away on a side plate & cook it a little more whilst the rest of the meal was eaten, due to the fact that there was no immune system & it couldn't be eaten in its current bloody & rare state. The steak was taken back to the kitchen but returned pretty promptly- & MOST of it was able to be consumed. However, it was a bit of a dent in the whole dining experience.

On requesting the bill a deduction was requested due to the whole steak problem...... The guy on the bar seemed a bit standoffish & clearly nobody had thought to bother to offer a reduction " they had to cook you a new one? .....so it was the same one? did you eat the steak? I will go & check". ....

He did come back & did take 20% off the bill, which was fine....I guess. Just not the point. It should NEVER have been served like that & I'm pretty sure a joe blogs, who wasn't a chef, who had received a steak like that, would not have reacted so reasonably.

Can't see us trying this place again soon as a decent chef would know how to cook a steak to medium

I'm pretty sure the rest of the deep fried (scampi/fish) & burger menu would be fine but can only go on our experience tonight

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chocmak
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I has occasion to stay at The Beaufort Park Hotel for three nights in September. I would describe the hotel as adequate. The staff are friendly and helpful. Although the rooms are clean, they are tired. The television did not work properly, so I would be in the middle of watching a programme when the television would switch off. A friend telephoned me on the hotel telephone system and we were hardly able to hear each other because of a buzzing on the line. There is Wi-Fi, but you can only get it in the public areas of the hotel. When you are away from home working, you do not always want to have to use the public area to get and send emails. In any case, these days most hotels have access to Wi-Fi in their rooms.

I was offered a choice of venues and menus for evening meals. However, I have a dietary problem at the moment and there was little on the menu that did not contain a fair amount of fat. The staff do clean the bar tables: however, they really need to be sanded down and re-varnished because, although cleaned, they still feel sticky.

Unfortunately, this was not a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business