All reviews coach trip no lift national holidays evening meal executive suite bar meals arches bar good size north wales lovely hotel birthday party salmon tea and coffee excellent value for money plenty of parking bit dated function room
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We arrived to a friendly welcome. We needed to amend our booking which was dealt with at once. Staff at reception very helpful. Good meal in the Arches bar and room clean and big. About a twenty minute easy drive into Chester so nice and central for restaurants and the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank HJBWESTSUSSEX
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was a good hotel compared with some we have been to with Sunrise. I had booked a single room, which turned out to be a large twin on the ground floor. The walls can be a bit thin as you can hear the fans in the next bathrooms and above, fortunately I didnt hear bathroom noises !!!! There was a fire alarm go off at Breakfast 27th August. We had to leave and wait outside for twenty minutes or so, when we were allowed back in, we were given fresh hot breakfast and hot drinks, although no exaplanation what caused the alarm to go off was given. In the bar a small house white was £3.45 a large £4.45 a bacardi and coke was £2.75, sorry didnt drink beer so cant give prices. I would go here again, which is more than I can say for other Sunrise hotel stays.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on a two night stay DBB was worried because we got a great low price deal but was pleasantly surprised. Excellent food quality and drinks prices. Entertainment on the Saturday and quiz on the Sunday in the bar. Room a bit aged but clean. The hotel is a little isolated if you plan to look away from the hotel for entertainment areas. We found no need as the bar atmosphere and entertainment suited us fine.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed overnight at this hotel on Sat 24th August for a family reunion the next day, with my husband and two grown up children. I found the best rate was if I booked directly with the hotel instead of via a comparison website. The rooms were adequate and the beds comfortable - the bathroom clean and plenty of hot water. We ate our evening meal on Saturday in the restaurant and this was better than expected - my husband chose spare ribs and had a huge plateful that was delicious. There was a good selection at breakfast including hot food served by a member of staff. On Saturday night there was free entertainment in the bar which was nicer than watching TV in the room. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, as this hotel holds a lot of wedding/anniversary functions and I have read that it can be noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a three night break. We picked this venue mainly because of the very reasonable price for dinner, bed and breakfast but some of the reviews were very critical and went expecting the worst but we were pleasantly surprised. Okay the hotel could do with some updating but the food was excellent - we ate our evening meals in the restaurant twice and once in the bar and we had no grumbles at all. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful.
The drinks were pub prices not the vastly inflated prices that some hotels charge.
We will definitely return and recommend it to friends who want a chilled out weekend that will not break the bank.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple