“Our wedding reception”

Village Hotel Chester St David's
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ewloe
“Our wedding reception”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This local venue to us made our wedding day an unforgettable one without doubt!!! Top marks right across the board... Rebecca our coordinator couldn't do enough for us... We had a very small intimate reception for our family of 10 and we were treated the same as if it had been a hundred guests!! We will never forget our wonderful day... Thankyou to everybody that made it so special! From Alison and Andy Amos :-)

Stayed May 2014
VillageStDavids, General Manager at Village Hotel Chester St David's, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Andyalison123,

Firstly congratulations to you both, it is great to read that you had such a wonderful day with us. I will share the feedback that you have given with Rebecca and also with the team that looked after you both on the day.

We really appriciate you taking the time to share your very kind words and hope to see you again very soon.

Many Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
St Helens
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Took my daughters for spa/ pamper day. Salons & staff superb - all had full body massage and facial. Felt wonderful for it. The 'spa' however was a different story - the jacuzzi was far too small - it got embarrassing when 4 people tried to use it. There were no signs, so I almost walked into the male changing room whilst looking for the sauna. If you book a spa day it's because you want to relax - right? From nowhere there was suddenly pop music blasting, and a very loud arrobics instructor taking a class. Not only that, but The class filled the pool so I couldn't go for a swim. So after what seemed like hours the class finished, a group of mums & tots appeared and they took over the pool! A very disappointing day spa wise - would not return or recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Idontmoan
VillageStDavids, General Manager at Village Hotel Chester St David's, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Idontmoan,

Many thanks for your review following your spa day with us.

It is great to read that you all had a relaxing time during your spa treatments, I will share your feedback with the team.

I am sorry to read that your didnt enjoy the leisure side of your spa day, I will speak with the spa team as to why this wasnt communicated with you as our classes and children's swim times are pre-advertised.

If you can please email sophie.edwards@village-hotels.com we would be more than happy to discuss your feedback in more detail.

Northop Hall, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The start of the evening after ordering to glasses of wine we was presented with a bill of £16.99!!!!! their was no price list available at the bar, until price was questioned, manager then went into back room an as if by magic placed the price list on the bar .I thought it was the law to have your prices available at all times for customers.
The meal was like school dinners, very basic, and mass produced, The Dirty dancing tribute was a young couple, male an female, and their act was just what I would expect had they just met in the car park for the 1st time, one didn't know what the other was doing.
As if things wasn't bad enough, near the end of the night when the disco started, hotel customers (male) was allowed to gate crash, given this was a hen party night, this was totally out of order, firstly they hadn't paid for this entertainment, and secondly these women had had quite a bit to drink by this time, thus being vulnerable, Lounge lizards these men are called.
I will be turning down any invitation to do with this hotel. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: To have my review posted, I have had to fill in all questions, from sleep quality down that does not...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear valerie g,

Many thanks for your review regarding our recent Dirty Dancing party night. I am sorry to read that you didn't enjoy the evening with us.

I would be very grateful if you would be able to email your contact details to our Events Manager so we can discuss your feedback further.

If you can please email these to heather.speed@village-hotels.com.

Many Thanks,

Travelers are raving about these Ewloe hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014

we stayed there for two nights on a special occasion. I booked over the phone. first I expected something special in the room as the operator has asked if we are there for an occasion. but no there wasn't. we upgraded to the upper deck rooms. this is my first stay at Village so can not compare with the standard rooms. the room has a comfortable bed, Starbucks supplies for coffee and tea and a single hot chocolate sachet and a single small biscuit??!!, there was a Bose iPod/iPhone docking station which I couldn't use as it is the one with 30 pins ( not suitable for iPhone 5 /5s , the room comes with non-HD sky movies package and a reasonable speed wifi. the restaurant was OK but almost empty for dinner, breakfast on the other hand was good but not excellent. I can not stop comparing things to Mercure ( in Sheffield) where I stayed in four months earlier and I find Mercure much better I din't get the feeling that the upper deck rooms are bigger but they were clean and there was no noise . the Fried and pouched eggs were on request however we didn't know that till we overheard it mentioned ( we realised that there was a not at the buffet that fried eggs( didn't mention the pouched) are on order. otherwise was happy about the presence of vegetarian sausages. the pool was nice with steam and sauna. the hot tub was closed for the day in between our nights with no prior notice. there was also a good spa treatments on site with well trained professional staff.
would I come again ?? I don't know may be if on a good deal otherwise would try Mercure nearby which I didn't use in the past

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zafaf
Dear zafaf,

Many thanks for your recent review following your stay with us.

I am sorry to read that we did not manage to fully meet your expectations during your stay. I have spoken with our housekeeping team to ensure that there isnt just the one set of starbucks items available within the room.

I am glad that you enjoyed both the pool and spa elements of your stay as well as the breakfast.

I do hope that you will consider using us again in the future. If you do have dates please do email us directly at the hotel so we can advise of the best available rates.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for the night in July. The zoo is a short drive away. The hotel staff were very friendly. Having a Starbucks within the hotel was a bonus. The room was nice and the breakfast was great!. The only downside was that the bed sheets could have been cleaner. Overall very satisfied

Stayed July 2014
Dear James H,

Many thanks for your recent review, your very kind words regarding the team is great to read and I will ensure that the team here at the hotel are aware of the feedback you have shared.

I hope that you had an enjoyable time at the zoo and that you enjoyed the Starbucks.

The feedback that you have mentioned regarding the bed sheets will be shared with our team also.

Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed her for two nights last weekend. On arrival we were offered an upgrade (for a minimal cost), which we took. The room on their "upper deck" we clean, spacious with a large bed, Sky TV and a Bose sound dock. We found all the staff from front desk to domestic to polite, friendly and eager to please. I take the point from a previous reviewer regarding the waiting staff wearing jeans and we also felt it looked a little incongruous. The breakfast was plentiful, varied and the cooked items hot. We didn't use the onsite restaurant or bar for evening meals preferring a short walk accross the road to a pub/restaurant. All in all a quiet and relaxing weekend in very nice surroundings. Easy access to Chester (which was the purpose of our visit) and the motor way network.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve V,

Many thanks for your recent review, it is great to read that you both had an enjoyable weekend and upgraded to one of our Upper Deck bedrooms.

I will ensure that your feedback is shared with all of the team here at the hotel. I am also pleased to be able to let you know that the uniform for our restaurant team is changing very soon.

Liverpool
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed at this Hotel for a Sunday night stay with Dinner, Breakfast and a Spa treatment, as a Groupon gift from our Son and Daughter in Law. We booked in late afternoon and went straight to our room, it was a really nice room. lovely comfortable bed, nice clean sheets, tea and coffee making facilities, which was a nice touch, and some toiletries in the bathroom ( Shower wash and Shampoo).When I went to have a shower I noticed there was only one large towel and one small for 2 people, but within minutes, after a phone call to reception, the rest of the towels were delivered to our room. We had Dinner in the restaurant and although it is a smaller menu for the package we had, the choice was still quite good. When the food arrived it was really lovely and we could not fault all three courses. The Breakfast the next morning was the standard buffet but again, all very nice, the only gripe I had was you had to order your tea or coffee it wasn't self serve, and we did have to remind the staff ours hadn't arrived, but again this was very quickly dealt with.
The Spa treatment the next morning was booked for 12 noon which was after our supposed check out of 11am,but we emailed the day before and a late check out was arranged for us at no extra cost.
All in all it is a really nice place to stay and are even considering going back with friends for one of their tribute weekends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the main road as it is very busy,and can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
VillageStDavids, General Manager at Village Hotel Chester St David's, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear COB1975,

Many thanks for your very kind review, it is great the read that you both had a great stay with the gift from your son and daughter-in law.

I will share your feedback with all the team here at the hotel and we very much hope to see you both again very soon.

Many Thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ewloe
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Northop Hall Country House Hotel
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Beaufort Park Hotel
Gateway to Wales Hotel
Gateway to Wales Hotel
#31 of 44 in Chester
Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa

Been to Village Hotel Chester St David's? Share your experiences!