“Very rude ... no idea of customer service - stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Beaches Hotel

The Beaches Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Prestatyn
Los Angeles, California
“Very rude ... no idea of customer service - stay away”
Reviewed December 3, 2009

Hi All,

Be careful if staying here - for the price you pay (around 85 GBP) you expect good service. To start when we checked in, we asked the girl behind reception what tme breakfast was from - her reply was not out of the manual 'read the sheet i just gave you'. Also when equiring about a later check out her response was 'no way' . The only polite person wasthe chap servering breakfast (The girl on reception should take note of him!. I also left a comments page and my telephone number to discuss the problems but she proberly ripped it up (i stayed on 28th Nov).

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank Peel362

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I stayed at Beaches for a one night business trip from Manchester. I checked in first before my colleague, but did not like the room much and wanted a proper sea view...but room was very quickly changed and our second and final room was big and very nice indeed. Very clean, lots of towels and sundries and a cosy room. View from "sea view" rooms is stunning with only local walkers and dogs on the beach. A good place to come for a weekend I think, even during autumn/winter. Friendly receptionist and night porter...very helpful. We had breakfast in our room which was excellent, very hot and delivered promptly. Not sure whether Beaches has off-days or off-staff occasionally but my experience was very good so recommend you try it! All round good value.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank AlderleyEdgy
Chester
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I recently gor Married at this hotel ( Sept 12th) and am the sister Tonytiger mentions.

The hotel:-
Amienities were really good, Pool and Gym were great the showers as you get out of the pool were good and strong not just a trickle, pool temp was lovley and the jacuzzi was as you expect just right!. Our room was spacious and well decorated with lots of practical things like plug sockets and a good couple of mirrors!, Also a decent writing space and tray holder for those room service moments.
The lobby and Infact the hotel gave you that clean comfy feeling with that old fashioned attention to detail. With staff who know and enjoy thier jobs.

THE STAFF:-

On a whole all the staff were reliable, profesional and charming, however I do feel that certain staff did go above and beyond!.
Sacha- She could not do enough to help us, She managed to help and anticipate, all our needs all with a smile on her face. She was the most lovley lady to whom no detail is too small and if she could help she would!. Its not enough but thank-you!!!!!!!
The duty/night manager- He was profetional and responded the second we had the smallest query or whim, he was kind, considerate and again always had a smile while helping.
The Night Porter:- He was brilliant!, He always had a joke or quip to tell and was friendly considerate and sweet!. He deserves a big clap on the back! as do most of the staff!!!!
My thanks to you all All i can say is BRAVO ENCORE and i would always recomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Elf2008
Elgin, Scotland
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I recently organised a Military Reunion at the Beaches Hotel for over 120 men and women. It lasted 3 days. They included a General and a Brigadier. The average age of the attendees was 40+ i.e. lots of "grumpy" old men and women!! All aspects of our weekend were excellent - the Reception Staff always polite and helpful, bar staff could not do enough for us, dining hall service efficient and courteous, food superb, rooms spotlessly clean etc etc. I have received many letters complimenting the hotel and not one hinting of any criticism and believe me, those who attended are not slow to complain. They had three days to find something and if there was a complaint it was that there was nothing to complain about!!!

Stayed September 2009
3 Thank DrewSElgin_Scotland
Wrexham
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I stayed in this hotel as a part of a wedding party, the room was £80 per night and was very basic. the most luxury part was the custard creams. in comparison I had booked a room in a huge luxury manor house in stratford upon avon 2 weeks previous for £99 with a luxury tiled wet room, a seperate lobby with a bureux in it, walk in waldrobes and a king size bed, a wide screen plasma TV and a complimentary bottle of champagne, it had 20 acres of gardens including a beautiful lake to walk around. This room was less than half the size of the formentioned in arguably a considerably less romantic, affluent or desirable setting. The night before the wedding about 25 of us had a meal in their restaurant. I ordered the rib eye steak along with two other people, this had a £5 surcharge. When my steak arrived it was oblong in shape and had a rind of fat down the side and no "rib eye of fat", to me and the other two guests it looked exactly like a sirloin steak. As I was dissatisfied about the steak told the Duty Manager that I was not happy and asked him to revoke the £5 surcharge to resolve the matter. It would have lost them £15 of income on a £300 - £400 dinner bill. The Duty Manager then arugued that it was rib eye dispite its appearance and told me he would get the chef. I agreed because I felt that I was right, my arguement being "it does look like sirloin and its tougher than the rib eye im used to" so as a customer I felt that my request to reduce the bill by such a small amount was completely reasonable especially considering that the other two guests were in agreement with me. The next thing, the chef comes out of the kitchen waving a pack of steaks (that were oblong and had a rind of fat down the side of them) telling me that his butcher cut them differently to usual and that they were rib eye. the three of us were not satisfied and expressed our feelings and the chef was confrontational, then my sister who was the bride got upset because it was spoiling her evening, so we told the chef to go away and agreed to pay the full price, which the hotel charged. Im sorry but I feel that is completely unacceptable. I have to say that the waitresses made light of the situation and were absolutely lovely and totally professional.

The next day the wedding dinner was just about palletable, my friend commented that it was unusual to have to carve the fondant potatoes, the meat was very tender but had an unusual flavour ( It had a flavour of anissed to it which a lot of the guests thought was strange) the berries in the melon were quite bitter.

I have to say though that the wedding planner was excellent, she delivered exactly what she promised to deliver, she was very attentive and completely professional.

My final comment was that considering there was a wedding party in the bars were inadequately staffed with one person on so when 10 people came into the bar they had to wait to be served in turn. Not good enough.

I told the hotel what I thought and that I would be posting my opinions on trip advisor but they didnt appear to be bothered at all!

There are not many hotels in prestatyn but I begrudge being taken advantage of for that reason, so as a person of principle I will NEVER stay there again! my advice is free!

• Stayed September 2009
3 Thank tonytiger1974

Travelers are raving about these Prestatyn hotels

UK
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Dont waste your time booking to stay here. Its awful. The reception manager was brash and not pleasant at all. The two guys who ran the dining room were lovely tho-they seemed to actually care about the guests. Food was ok-hot but not great. Gym was appalling, and swimming pool was ok

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank UkBritishTraveller
west midlands
Reviewed August 16, 2009

we arrived at this hotel to be greeted by friendly staff, we had a superb room, which was a family room, we had a queen size bed, a single, then another room adjoining with bunk beds, all top quality. we had a flat screen tv built into the wall, lots of seating areas, and a super view of the sea.

The breakfast was fantastic, you had lots of choice, even black pudding! again service was super.

Whilst there the pool was out of order, but as soon as it was up and runing the staff even came and knocked our door to let us know!.
Definatly a 3 star hotel, clean , friendly and would definatly go back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank xxspudxx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
Pier Hotel Rhyl
#2 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed
The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
#18 of 60 in Llandudno

Been to The Beaches Hotel? Share your experiences!