“DISAPPOINTING”
Review of The Beaches Hotel

The Beaches Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Prestatyn
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just returned from a long weekend in North Wales so that we could watch the Air Show in Rhyl. We chose The Beaches Hotel in Prestatyn as it looked quite good. Quiet, good food menu, indoor pool etc.......Wrong ! On arrival, not weeks before, we were informed there was a wedding reception and a private party on, so there would not be a restaurant for evening meal, (we went looking for fish and chips) My daughter son in law and granddaughter had to sleep in a chalet across the road that used to belong to Pontins because their allocated room was above the wedding disco. My husband and I had a room ( or cupboard ) in the roof which I am sure was a single with 2 beds. Nowhere to put your things, dangerous small shelf on a wall with kettle ,cups ,milk etc. In the bathroom nowhere to put toilet bag etc. and banged our head when bending to clean our teeth. The second night we were moved, after complaining, to a larger room which was much better, ( 222 ) , the others stayed in the chalet as they couldn't be bothered moving back ! Had we been informed earlier we would have booked a different hotel. On the plus side, we were given a voucher towards evening meal for the five of us, and we enjoyed the indoor pool. The problem seems to be lack of communication. When it comes to yes or no do I recommend this hotel I will say yes, however, make sure of a good quiet room and no weddings or parties while you stay.

Room Tip: Second floor, not in the roof, on left as you view from the front of hotel

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a music event going on there . It was a busy weekend and the staff did work really hard. After checking in we were informed they had lost our details of the deposit we paid they would not refund it but did let us use it for food and drink . Reception staff friendly and helpfull.
Hotel room was clean and modern with a sea view but very small and basic. Hotel perfect location for beach , and town centre a small walk away . Also lots of places to visit outside of Prestatyn .
We did find one member of staff very rude , we had all purchased food and drinks from the bar , and as it was a music festival we also had a couple bottles of water on the table , when this member of staff shouted from across the room demanding us to remove the bottles . A very unprofessional and RUDE member of staff .
Food was ok , nowhere else to eat in walking distance . Would only stay here if attending this event again .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked this late deal based on trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. We wanted somewhere quiet and close to the beach but not too far from 'the action'. This hotel fitted the bill perfectly. The hotel is almost on the beach, is well furnished and the public areas were excellent.Our 3 bedded room was good but there was a constant buzzing noise (room 230) probably from the kitchen below. We complained and we were moved to room 324 which was excellent. We had a peep in room 321 and that was also very good. Breakfast was good quality but a little sparse and lacking in variety. Spa area was good but changing rooms were very small. We were were very impressed with the way that the staff addressed our problem regarding the room.

Room Tip: Avoid 230. For a family of 3 choose 324 and a family of 4 choose 321
Reviewed September 1, 2013

W booked into the hotel at 5.00pm on a Friday night, for a 2 night stay. BUT, our granddaughter suddenly developed a cough that was so bad it kept waking her, and at 01.30am Saturday, we decided it wasn't fair on other guests being disturbed with her crying, so we packed up and checked out.
I emailed the hotel the next day to explain and ask if there was any chance of a refund, not expecting a full one, as they are running a business, but perhaps a partial one, or even the offer of a discount if we booked again, but sadly, no...........
But the room we had for 8 hours was clean and comfortable, and I'm sure we would have enjoyed our stay had it not been cut short.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the road, so a sea view would be better, as there was a bit of noise from passin...
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I am writing this review on my 2nd and last nights stay, the reason I am writing it now is because I can not sleep for the loud and blaring music coming from the wedding function room! A floor below, and I have had to close the window, even though it is very hot to be able to hear myself think. I paid £180 for 2 nights. The staff are very not trained very well and I found one of them wandering round the corridors with bowls of ice cream. She stated "I don't know where I'm going in this hotel" we'll it's safe to say I will never come back here, even if it was for free. I went to the bar before coming to my room and was charged £4 for a small glass of wine! I feel ripped off if I'm honest and I will be making a formal complaint when I check out at 9am tomorrow. I will be making as much noise as possible on the way down! One word to describe this establishment... Crap!!

Room Tip: Another country!
2  Thank davechristian1965
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This has got to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, staff are miserable and unhelpful, the breakfast very poor, cold food isn't that appealing. The room we stayed in was pokey to say the least. £180 for 2 nights a complete rip off, don't do it stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Alanwj
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hot after a long hard days work. A small pool, gym, sauna and steam room but perfectly adaquate. Very relaxing. Followed by a drink in the bar overlooking the beach. Bar meals are good value, home made and tasty. Then a restful nights sleep in the most comfortable bed i have stayed in (except my own!) In ages. Good breakfast, eat all you like. My only negative would be the room was a little stuffy as there was only a v lux window.

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
1 mi away
#1 of 1 in Deganwy
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
#1 of 1 in Pentre Halkyn

Been to The Beaches Hotel? Share your experiences!