The Beaches Hotel
The Llinegar Inn(Prestatyn)
Pitchup.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
All reviewssea viewpromenade barirish seapowerful showerreception staffsauna and steam roomsea frontnorth walesfood was lovelyevening mealreception areapublic areascooked breakfastsunday lunchfollowing morningshort breakwedding
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel is advertised as a comfortable, friendly & home from home which is definately not what we experienced. We booked it as it had a spa & was in a good location & seemed to be upmarket however when we had checked in that soon changed. When we booked we had asked for a sea view & the room we were given did have this but we were told it was the only room they had as they were fully booked. Yet this was not the case as we found out later. Once we had settled in we went to use the spa facilities & had our first dissapointment the lockers either wouldnt lock or locked with difficulty the changing rooms had no cubicles just open plan (a small point but i prefer cubicles & privacy) the pool, sauna etc were great. When we settled down for the night that is when the problems started. The heating in the room was too hot & the window wouldnt open & the heating wouldnt turn down. At 1030pm we were woken by a band playing downstairs at very high decibels (my husband heard it through earplugs) we wen tot reception to complain & were told that they foten had functions on (something we should have been told on booking) & that they had no control over the noise level which seems odd as it is their building even if it was a private party) Also i do believe there are laws regulating the noise levels & times. We were offered a different room further away from the function which was in fact a nicer room & had full panoramic sea views so again we had to ask ourselves why were we not given this room to start with & why were we told the one we originally had was all they could offer. Although this room was better we could still hear the noise but not as much. Reception had also told us they would ask for the noise to be turned down however as we settled down again the noise got louder not quieter (wheter this was intentional i dont know). We were also told that there would be another funciton the next evening. The following day we asked for a refund as we would not be staying for the following day. The manager dealt with our complaint well however this was not the case for the reception staff we spoke to initially. It seems the hotels main source of income is doing functions & paying guest come second to that so if you are wanting a quiet break forget it! The only good things about our visit were the swimming pool/sauna/steam room & the breakfast which i would recommend as plenty of choice & tastes lovely. I had booked this as a joint birthday & anniversary celebration for my husband & due to this was hugely dissapointed. I even asked if we could have a discounted evening meal as a gesture from the hotel for our celebration & was told this was not possible yet i heard another guest at reception get discount for the evening meal!! There seems to be a lack of organisation & continuity throughout the hotel & hotel guests are definately treated as second class citizens compared to the functions.

Room Tip: If you do stay here i would recomend room 217 for se views. but be aware of noise from functions.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We booked this hotel for two nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary and for a break away with our two sons aged 14 and 11. The hotel is in a lovely location, right next to the beach.We booked a family room and were given two interconnected rooms each with its own bathroom. This was ideal as it meant that the kids had their own space but were close enough for us to keep an eye on them. The rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable. They had seaviews over a quiet stretch of sand and at night the tide came in and you could watch the waves breaking and foaming from the window. The food was excellent, both at breakfast and in the evenings when we ate in the bar. There is a lovely homely and welcoming feel about the hotel and for the price, it is excellent value. The pool was very clean and we spent some very happy family time there, having got it all to ourselves on the saturday night. The children have asked that we return here for longer next time,maybe for a full week as they loved it so much. Having spent a family holiday in nearby Talacre two years ago we wanted to return to the area as we are very fond of it, and this hotel was ideal. The staff are helpful at all times and ensure that your stay is everything that you would want it to be.

Room Tip: The family rooms that are interconnected, to sleep two adults and two children, are excellent. Both had a bathroom and tv, and you could close or open the door as you wished for more privacy. Having the use of two bathrooms was great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The staff make this place. They are friendly, enthusiastic and ive never seen one of them down. Nothing is too much trouble and Ive had so much help while ive been here.
I was worried because i read a few of the reviews before coming here, but my company booked it. I needed have worried, right from the off, the night porter took the time to show me online my drive to work the next morning. Reception staff the next morning great with my queries. At night i needed some healthy food and the bar just rang down and got the chef to do me a chicken and avacado salad followed by an amazing fruit cocktail. Im halfway through my week here and im loving it, doent feel like work, staff make it seem like a holiday, each breakfast cooked to order so its hot and fresh, full waiter service even to bringing the coffee. They all look immaculate. So its not the ritz but they dont claim to be. There is free parking, free gym and pool and sauna and steam room. Free wifi, everything you need for a business trip. Everything looks freshly painted too so not even old in appearance. You step straight off the terrace onto the beach, its a stunning location and I dont understand how people have slated it. Room cleaned everyday, fresh towels and complimentry toiletries, tea and coffee stocked up every day and nothing is too much trouble for the staff, while i was at reception somebody rang down to say they were cold and the staff ran up with some heaters. Most people by now think im rambling but i think what they do here they do well. I feel looked after and all my needs have been met for the price of a budget room. Ive paid more for a premier inn than this place. I aim to come back for a holiday ive enjoyed it that much. Come with an open mind and dont be afraid to approach the staff, its not a hilton or a ramada, think rooms like a high end b and b, but then think all the perks like the spa, like the pool and having a swim every morning. Think about good tasty food, served well and at what i consider a great price and your half way there. Location location location and this is right on the beach.

Room Tip: any but a view out to sea always a bonus.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank yoshi-3316
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A great experience. Welcoming staff. Very comfortable bedroom. A proper swimming pool (? 15ms) as opposed to one in which you can only swim one stroke!
Breakfast very nice. Lovely outdoor seating area,if the weather had been good. Direct access to the beach.
None of the single rooms have a sea view,which is a shame for the single traveller.
I concur with the comments about the TV remote, but where I have experienced this before it was because they had been taken away by inconsiderate guests which is presumably the reason here.
I also agree about the very basic toiletries available.
I dont agree with the negative comment elsewhere as I felt that the decor and hotel was generally well maintained unlike some of the larger, once great hotels that I have reviewed here previously.
I shall be back and in a sea view room next time.
Thank you to everyone at this lovely hotel, you are ABFAB

Room Tip: Single rooms, no sea view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

stayed saturday night,very impressed with lovely lounge reception very helpful staff,warm welcome a smile costs nothing,but goes a long way when you arrive, been to lots of hotels and you sometimes get a lack lustre welcome,not here though all staff very helpful we spoiled ourselves with a suite ,and,the room was great sea view,very spacious and clean,indoor pool ideal for families as well as couples,breakfast was very good lots of choice,had nice bar,which had outdoor tables facing beach.very nice hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple