Plas Ifan
$84
The Kinmel(Abergele)
$129
  • Pool
All reviewsthe offa's dyke pathb bspecial facilitiesset in beautiful gardenslovely conservatorytea and coffee making facilitiesfriendly hostsgarden roomhave stayed here several timesfull welsh breakfastoff road parkingwonderful hospitalitysmall fridgelovely homeshort walknothing too much troublebed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Super place to stay for Offa's Dyke - very hospitable to walkers and aware of their needs. Malcolm and Swann are a hard-working, pleasant, knowledgeable and very helpful couple. Interesting old house with a large quiet garden in a nice part of town right on the road that is the Offa's Dyke path and only a few minutes walk from good places to eat - the Italian looked very nice but we hadn't booked on a Friday night so unfortunately could not get a table. A bit further down was a very nice oriental restaurant (Thai and Indonesian). Also, a very pretty well-kept pub, the Eagle and Child, in a village a few minutes drive away up the hill. About a mile and a half to walk to the lovely long beach. Prestatyn is an up and coming town and we were pleasantly surprised having not visited before. Our room was compact - I think the rooms vary in size.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VandRcardiff
Reviewed July 13, 2014

At the end of our walk on Offa's Dyke Path was this nice B&B. They are agents for the Offa's Dyke Association and provide Walkers and others with a relaxing environment. The helpful owners gave us a warm welcome, nice stay and a lift to the train station next morning. Lovely garden, conservatory for breakfast. Old Chapel that's converted to a house with B&B. Oldest house in town, 17th Century.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria G
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed at Plas Ifan having finished hiking Offa's Dyke Path. The owners welcomed me and made me feel very much at home. The house fronts an incredible garden. Everything was as it should be. I had a very nice time exchanging stories with Malcomb, a retired marine engineer. The town's high street is just steps away. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank noughte
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have recently returned from a weekend away at Plas Ifan,Prestatyn.On arrival we were warmly welcomed by Malcolm,who showed us to our room," The little Acorn" The room was nicely furnished,with the added bonus of a wet room,TV,fridge,with complimentary bottled water,and,unusually,a more than plentiful supply of tea,coffee,milk etc,even a slice of cake each.
The best part of this lovely building are the lovely grounds,we were invited to enjoy the gardens,and conservatory,we sat out side enjoying a glass of wine,well into the evening.Plas Ifan is conveniently situated in a nice part of the town,near the top of the high street,and is within easy walking distance of restaurants,bars,and shops.Breakfast was delicious,and plentiful,loads of choice,and served in the conservatory,in a lovely family setting.I can honestly say,that Plas Ifan,is one of the best bed and breakfast hotels I have ever stayed in.Malcolm,and his wife Swan,made us so welcome,and nothing was too much trouble.We will certainly return in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor,great view of the garden.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MargaretDavid
Reviewed April 30, 2014

“Wow, what a wonderful place, a real hidden gem, Malcolm and Swan's hospitality was fantastic from start to finish, being on my own they made me feel so welcome, home from home. I only stayed one night whilst training for a bikeathon and I wished I could have stayed longer. The B&B is beautiful, my room was comfortable and spotlessly clean with everything i needed and it was cosy too, the views were so tranquil. The conservatory/dining room was lovely which looked onto the wonderful well kept and well loved gardens. It is in a fab location, just a short walk from prestatyn's pubs, restaurants and shops, not far from the beachfront too and Route 5 bicycle route which takes you along the north Wales coastline and not far from Offa's dyke for the keen walker's. Thank you once again Malcolm and Swan and I hope to see you again soon”

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo