“FUNSTARS”

Presthaven Holiday Park
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have had a caravan on your site for a number of year but have to say this year is by far the best due to the entertainment from the funstars, one particular funstar named MAT is a true credit to your clubs, he is a great entertainer with both adults and children especially my daughter who is 5 years of age who is amazed by him, KEEP MAT AT YOUR SITE. and all the other funstar at presthaven sands.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
PresthavenS, Guest Relations Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hi Joanne
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I totally agree...our fun stars are amazing, they work tirelessly to entertain everyone, and the kids love them. Matt is a great person, he oozes personality and we want him to stay here...and all our fun stars too! They have been great. I will pass on your comments...although all these comments that Matt gets he is going to want his own dressing room lol. Thanks again Joanne, and I sincerely hope that you will be an owner for many years to come.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I must admit after reading some of the reviews on here I was a bit worried about going here but we had a great time. The caravan, once we found it was tidy and clean inside and had everything we needed for the stay. All the staff we encountered were polite and friendly. We ate in the mash and barrel one night and the food was very good and came really quickly but appeared to be cooked to order rather than warmed in a microwave. I do agree with some people about the size of the live lounge, it is a bit small for the amount of caravans on site but the kids enjoyed the entertainment. We used the pool a couple of times and didn't have any issue with overcrowding and the water was warm, plenty of life guards on duty so well supervised, my son slipped over and one of the life guards came straight over to him to check he was ok. the fast food outlets on site were good and no more expensive than you would expect. we spent most evenings in the arcade as the kids loved the ticket machines, our only criticism would be that the ticket counters kept breaking down and because the ticket exchange counter was only open some nights it took us half a hour to get to the front of the queue. On the whole the holiday was very enjoyable and we all had a great time.

Hi Kate
Thank you for taking the time to write this review after your recent stay here at Presthaven Sands. I am so happy that you all had such a great time. The food in the Mash & Barrel is delivered fresh every day and is all local produce. Food is cooked to order...the fish is especially good and delivered from the docks on a daily basis. I will pass on your comments to the arcade manager with regards to the ticket machine; I know the kids love getting the tickets in reams, it’s not fair for them to have to keep waiting to get the PRIZE. The lifeguards are excellent; they are so professional and take great pride in ensuring the children are safe both in and out of the pool, the kids love them. I really hope that you and your family will return to Presthaven Sands very soon. Thank you once again for your lovely review and we hope to see you all next year.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We visited this site in our touring caravan Monday 19th August - Friday 23rd August, Myself, husband, son aged 5, Nan and great Nan.
The touring site was quite a nice area, the toilet block was nice and tidy although when you went for a shower there was nowhere to put your things unless you used the disabled one with a small bench (only 3 showers).
The park area was good for the kids but the open bins where swarmed by wasps all day everyday.
We werent aware that by our super-hard standing pitch there was a train line directly behind us and the trains did run late and very early in the morning which rattled the caravan.
The ourdoor park at the main complex is good but older children get left there whilst their parents get drunk therefore there's lots of rough play and swearing at night.
We had a nice meal in the mash & barrel. The Live lounge opened at 6pm and there was always a huge que to get in and get a seat. you felt abit like sardines when it was busy. The floor and the tables were not very clean , you stuck to the floor.
my 5 yr old enjoyed the entertainment the first night then it seemed to be the same everynight. The characters mime what an american recorded voice was saying and the songs werent what children have heard of before.
Go-carts and go-kart staff where fabulous and very friendly & helpful.
Water/swimming area - never seen such a dirty small changing area. The walls around the swimming pool were slowly falling to pieces. You had to grab a locker when you could otherwise you didnt get one.
We had a great week because we made sure we made the most of it BUT it is very run down and needs a total revamp.
The people we met on the touring site were fab.
One person did steal our water hose connector/pipe off our tap one day though!!!!!

1  Thank Anon2478
PresthavenS, Guest Relations Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hi
Thank you for your review after your break here at Presthaven Sands touring park. I am really happy that you enjoyed your holiday, and that you made the most of everything. I have passed on your comments with regards to the shower block and the fact that there is nowhere to put your clothes! This is a very valid point and definitely needs looking into. We are looking to improve the touring block for next season...so watch this space. I am really sorry that your hose was pinched...that is just awful, and the people being so nice. I really hope that you will return to Presthaven Sands in the future and allow us to restore your faith in the Haven brand. Thank you for your review and your positive feedback.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stay here a few times a year as partners family have caravan and before that went with partners family when renting out caravans on site, also visited as a child. Recently stayed here July and August 2013, always have a good time but that is down to the people I go away with!

Site has had some work done on it recently and is beginning to look better but agree with a lot of people that complex is no where big enough for size of site, staff are generally nice and have to also say I find security really friendly and down to earth and feel safer knowing they are there! Some reviewers are correct in saying it doesn't always feel safe because of the types of people it attracts (and I would like to point out it isn't all scousers there maybe some but also there are others who are not from Liverpool) I am not snob I am working class and I am probably considered common but I know how to Behave and show respect for others the problem with this Haven site is even though this is a holiday resort it attracts people who basically when drunk don't care about anything other than there own enjoyment with out thinking of others! I am all for a good time but its not on that in the early hours of the morning you get people talking loudly, shouting, blaring music and sometimes fighting. This can make people feel very uncomfortable and I have to be honest when I am there I don't feel relaxed and can actually spend a lot of the holiday quite tense making me exhausted by time I get home, I also wouldn't feel safe letting family and friends or anyone for that matter to walk alone on the site of a night. I am not sure what Haven can do about this but I think patrols should certainly be done of a night, you can ring security though if you have any problems which is good to know. I think anyone causing trouble should be ejected from the site but Haven don't seem to do this, only being interested in making money which sounds silly typing because of course they are a business but what about the majority of people who are here who are decent and work hard for their holidays.

Cleanliness of caravans and areas of the site can be VERY hit and miss ranging from fairly good to extremely bad.

I don't think the bar is too expensive but toys, sweets etc for kids are expensive. Spa shop I would say can be pricey but I feel things have started to come down in price. Burger King, papa John , and chippy since it was done up couple years ago are very nice but bit pricey. Mash n barrel food is nice however can take an awfully long time to wait for food and place can get very dirty, public areas can actually get into a right state but to be fair the staff are rushed off their feet those in charge should be ashamed of themselves they have lovely members of staff but they are too far stretched, Haven you are a big site you NEED more staff!

The Anchorage needs a lot doing to it, it is good to have it there but it needs a rethink.

Looking at reviews on other Haven sites and speaking to people who visit other sites, Presthaven is well below par which is a shame because I feel it could be great but unfortunately I feel it is going the same way as Prestatyn Pontins!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hi
Thank you for your review after your stay here at Presthaven Sands. We do have a lovely park, and yes, I agree a lot of the time it is the people who have no respect for others who spoil their enjoyment however, after saying that I can assure you that we have a zero tolerance of any person who impinges on another guest’s holiday, wether it be playing loud music, shouting or just spoiling others enjoyment, they are warned in the first instance, if this does not work they are told to leave the park, this includes the whole party not just the culprit, and I can assure you this is strictly adhered to. We have a duty of care to all our holiday guest’s owners and team on park, which we take very seriously. We have had some issues with the lack of team in certain areas and due to feedback from guest’s like yourself we have taken this on board and we have recruited and trained numerous team members. I certainly hope that you will return to Presthaven Sands and allow us to restore your faith in the Haven brand. Thank you for your review and all your comments will be passed on to the relevant department heads.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just come back from Presthaven Sands with my partner our two daughters and mum. The Park its self is great and the Funstars were brill as was the rest of the entertinment. The only thing to let it down was the staff in the Chippy and the Mash and Barrel - One member of staff in the mash and barrel moaned to me about the customer before me who had complained about the very slow service!!! and it was very slow!

1  Thank Lisa2013588

Hi
Thank you for taking the time to write this review after your recent stay here at Presthaven Sands. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your holiday and that you loved the park and the facilities we have to offer. I will certainly pass on your comments regarding the chip shop and more importantly the Mash & Barrel, we are working really hard to improve the service in the venue, if a guest complains about how slow the service is, the team should report this to the manager and get it sorted certainly not discuss the fact with another guest who feels exactly the same. I am really sorry for that and I can assure you that it will be addressed. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have suffered. I really hope that this will not deter you and your family from returning to Presthaven Sands in the future. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Onsite entertainment - awful. Our 3 children (aged 6, 7 and 7) were asking to leave and go back to caravan.
Food - there is a burger king, papa johns, a chip shop and 1 restaurant. AVOID THE RESTAURANT! Menu similar to a weatherspoons except cooked appallingly, breakfasts are cold and all extremley over priced. We couldn't be more disapointed.
On our 2nd day i drove into Rhyll went to a supermarket & cooked for the remainder of our week.

If your entertainment ticket isn't included within price of caravan then for a family of 5 this will cost £112...don't even bother! All that is included is entrance into entertainment rooms in the evenings, the arcade and the swimming pools. All other facilities there are charged as an extra...donkey rides £3 for a walk around a patch of grass no bigger than the space a caravan would fit on. Swimming aids only bought out between 12-2 for an extra charge & you have to book in to be able to go in between those times. Go karts - £4.50 - £5 depending on whether you have a 2 seater or single kart.

Best thing about this holiday was the beach...lovely sandy wide spread beach...enjoyed majority of out holiday there.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hi
Thank you for taking the time to write this review after your stay here at Presthaven Sands. I am really sorry that you were disappointed with the food in the Mash & Barrel however, due to the feedback from our holiday guest’s we have made numerous changes in the venue, which includes more team, both on the floor and in the kitchen, we have also stopped the table service which we found to be causing longer waiting times. The feedback we are receiving now is much better and the quality of food is excellent. The wristbands for the fun works are included in the price of the holiday when booked through Haven however, they do cost much more when making a booking through a private let. There are free water inflatable sessions on both Monday’s and Friday’s and other free water activities on other days. The sessions are bookable; this is to avoid any disappointment. If the session is full, the leisure team will add further sessions to enable everyone to enjoy the activity. I am really sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay here. I just hope that you will re consider your decision in the future and come back to Presthaven and allow us to restore your faith in the Haven brand.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Been going to this site every Easter and most bank holidays for 25 years now with my grand children,stayed 23 aug in a prestige couldn't tell the difference from a standard never complained before caravan smelt seating area filthy ,went to reception wasn't pleased and took a long time to give us another caravan.money is tight and people are choosy we're they spend money so regular customers like us keep this site going standards are dropping and people will go and get better value elsewhere,noticed that the majority of cleaners are young lads from an agency does anyone from management come and check standards in the vans or just keep listening to complaints and losing customers so come on haven do something about it .

Hi
Thank you for taking the time to write this review after your recent stay here at Presthaven Sands. I am sure as a regular guest of Haven you are aware that we do have high standards of accommodation. We have checkers who check the accommodation when the cleaners have cleaned. I can assure you we do pass on all reports of cleanliness issues to our accommodation manager, who addresses the issues and deals with the team accordingly. We don’t always get it right and I am happy that the reception team were able to move you to alternative accommodation. I will pass on your comments to the accommodation team. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Debbie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
The Beaches Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
#20 of 60 in Llandudno
The Grand Hotel - Llandudno

Been to Presthaven Holiday Park? Share your experiences!