“Horrible hell hole.....worst place I have ever been”

Presthaven Holiday Park
cheshire,uk
“Horrible hell hole.....worst place I have ever been”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We checked in this horrible caravan park on the 25th March, with our 5 year old and our 7 month old twins, as soon as i seen the place I wanted to give home, but my husband convinced me to stay, where we checked in they had no heating but portable heaters which were very dangerous. For Kids, and it was freezing, we got our keys too our Luxury caravan.... Luxury I don't think so, rooms were tiny,beds were tiny, quilts were that thin and in our front room were our 2 travel cots, so we had no where too sit and the only heating in there was the gas heater which the 2 travel cots were in front off, oh and it was freezing, so we had to pile them on table so we could turn it on, and the gas rings on stove, it was that cold. The entertainment was poor for kids, my daughter was very board, and it was expensive. The fish and chippy was horrible, the fish was dripping with oil. So we want back to our luxury caravan, slept in our clothes hats gloves, my babies were freezing and my daughter slept with us too keep warm, too top it off we were next too a busy train track with trains going past all night. So we got up and packed our bags, and checked out, we lasted one night and that was long enough, the customer service was poor she didn't even bother to ask why we were checking out. Please don't waste your money going here you will be very disappointed, I will learn from this and. Will never book a caravan holiday ever again

Room Tip: Don't go horrible small freezing
8 Thank Gem2709
PresthavenS, Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Hi There
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am really sorry you were so disappointed with your holiday. We have had the coldest March which has been challenging to say the least, I have never heard of snow at Easter before.
I am pleased that you have marked the cleanliness as good however, I am so sorry that the team did not follow our check out procedure where we could have resolved your problem. Please feel free to contact me direct as I know we will be able to reach a satisfactory resolution presthavensandstripadvisor@haven.com or call me on 01745 856 471.

Holiday Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Moreton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nothing to do for kids aged from 1 -4 and very expensive on site if you do go make sure you stock up on food as the shop is a rip off would not go again and if you have kids make sure you have loads off money dont go if you are traveling by train as you realy need a car as not much on site to do

Room Tip: Dont go with toddlers or teenage kids
5 Thank dawn f
PresthavenS, Guest Relations Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hi there
Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regards to your recent holiday at Presthaven Sands. The feedback you have provided us with helps us to look at certain areas such as the lack of activities for our toddlers and teens. We are now working on a toddler area which will be up and running in the coming weeks. I am sorry that you felt the Spar shop was expensive, they do offer cheaper alternatives to the usual brands to try and save some pennies, but it is a convenience store, although we would all be very happy if they had supermarket prices. If you do come on holiday without a car, Arriva do offer a bus service from park, and for guests staying on Presthaven Sands they can buy a family day saver for £10. The buses run every 20 minutes and goes along the coast road stopping at all the resorts up to Llandudno, or if you prefer you can travel to Liverpool, Chester and Cheshire Oaks. Or if you feel really energetic you can do them all in the same day!!

Debbie Devlin
Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Prestatyn hotels

Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We had a discount as our trip was part of a group booking, this was excellent value for money. The caravan was in a great position, near to the entertainment complex, it was spotlessly clean, well equipped, comfortable & importantly (due to the howling wind & snow!) it was very cosy & warm.
The site has very good facilities including restaurant, 2 bars (1 has children's entertainment), Burger King, Papa Johns Pizza, fish & chips, a large, well equipped Spar shop, direct access to the beach on designated walkways through the sand dunes, indoor & outdoor pools, sports courts & an aerial rope course. There are organised children's activities all day every day & you can take your dog!
Due to the weather, we did not explore the surrounding area, but there is a lot to do & all of the info is given at check in.

Highly recommended for a short break with groups or children.

2 Thank Howesthat
PresthavenS, Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hi
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are over the moon that you had such a great stay! It’s a real pleasure to be able to feedback to all the team on park that you enjoyed every aspect of your holiday, and we only wish we could have made the weather better (but we’re still working on that!) .
I am really happy that you love all of our facilities. We have had such great feedback about the new Live Lounge and the Aerial Adventure and now we are adding yours to that long list. There are so many dog owners like you who choose Presthaven for the sand dunes. There is a lot to do around the local area and it’s a shame you didn’t manage to explore the surroundings but hopefully the weather will be better when you decide to come back. Aber falls is a great place to go walking with your dog and it’s not too far away.
We look forward to seeing you and your family in the future where we will be waiting to offer you a very warm welcome.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

cant express how disgusted i am with this site!. took our 4 children for a long weekend.wasnt happy at all with the caravan,it was damp,freezing cold,wardrobe door hanging off,toilet and basin leaking badly i could go on!. we was by a railway track which was noisy all night long. saturday night we couldnt get the fire working,it was so cold the kids was crying.on the sunday we got the fire on. we decided to take the kids swimming and go and complain to the reception. the baby pool was freezing cold with bits of float floating.about in it! so a short while later my husband brought the kids back for me to dry their hair whilst he went to reception,no electric! that was the final straw sunday morning we packed up and had had enough.at reception staff wasnt interested at all,no apologys just an offer for someone to come and have a look,i couldnt of spent a minute longer in that caravan our belongings was actually wet with damp.the bedding was dirty their was a lipstick mark on my pillow case and a dirty footprint, we wrote an email of complaint which was met with excuses and no offer of compensation...just not good enough,i will never go here again,it was horrendously bad.

9 Thank addictsholiday
PresthavenS, Manager at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hi There
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent holiday. I am really very sorry firstly for your accommodation not being suitable for your family and the issues you had with the swimming pool. Secondly for the fact we did not reach a resolution after you contacted a member of the team. We offer to send the maintenance team to the caravan to make any necessary repairs and check if there was any way we could make it more comfortable. I am happy the team followed the procedure but I am sorry they didn’t explain why they were doing that and even apologise for you being upset.
Please could you contact me direct to discuss your issues further, the last thing I would want is to have you leave the park unhappy and feel unloved by us. Please contact me either by telephone on 01745 856 471 or email on Presthaventripadvisor@haven.com.

Swansea
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked this holiday through the daily mail caravan holidays. I specifically booked the highest upgrade as it stated that the caravan would have central heating.

I turned up on my check in day (yesterday) and checked that the caravan had central heating to be told yes!!

To set the scene it was absolutely freezing that day with horrendous snow and snow drifts!!

We went to the caravan with my parents who own a beautiful van in Tenby and low and behold the caravan which was supposed to be a deluxe plus van was like something out of the dark ages, don't get me wrong nice size rooms and bathroom but the kitchen and lounge were way below standard, and low and behold no central heating just a gas fire heating the lounge area and blow heaters in the bedroom that when turned on stunk the van out with that horrible gas smell and with my 14 month old son with us I did not feel happy staying in the van afraid of him becoming ill!!

My husband and my dad then went to see the manager and explained the situation, she was not helpful at all, on a site of probably well over 1000+ caravans there were no upgrades available. My husband experienced disgruntled guests right left and centre while waiting to speak with the manager, one specifically had been told that a travel cot would be available for her new born on arrival but when she got there not 1 available - shocking!!

We then asked for a refund which we had after a lot of debate with the manager and proceeded very quickly to the nearest hotel which unfortunately was an hour drive away!!

This campsite has a lot to live upto in terms of standards, we regularly attend Kiln park in Tenby which is absolutely spotless and has excellent customer service!!

Additionally one last point, in the owners lounge there were large objects in plastic all over the floor causing a health and safety issue and were an accident waiting to happen!

Haven this park needs a good makeover in terms of staff and caravans and in terms of customer service I am a manager in the customer service industry and I think some of your senior staff need a serious refresher course in how to manage client expectation and complaints.

5 Thank Laura P
Thank you for taking the time to write this review after your holiday at Presthaven Sands. I am really sorry that you found check in hurried and the team member had to keep asking questions of her colleague. It was our opening weekend and the team were new at checking our holiday guests in, which is why it was probably a little chaotic. I can only apologise for the fact that due to it being our first weekend of a new season and we were fully booked, we did not have any heated accommodation available for us to upgrade our guests who had booked accommodation with no heating included. I know it was extremely cold, we have had the coldest March since 1953 and it hasn’t got any better. We can only provide 1 heater per accommodation, this is because anymore would trip the electric. We did offer extra duvets to our guests to help with the cold conditions, I am really sorry that this did not help you and your family. Your feedback has been really helpful and I will be addressing the customer service you received (or didn’t receive) during your stay. We work really hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and enjoy their holiday, and I am really very sorry that this did not in your case. I really hope you come back to Presthaven Sands and give us the chance to change your views, and make sure you and your children have a great time and go home happy.
Debbie Devlin
Guest Relations Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We arrived at Presthaven Sands on the 15th of March with our family of young children aged 2 and 4 years. The check in was hurried the assistant seemed to be new at the job and kept asking her collegues the same questions I needed answers about the caravan site. To our huge the disappointment our caravan was right next to the the rail tracks and it was freezing cold when we walked in. We did light the gas fire which took forever to warm up the lounge area. The bedrooms were like ICE! We wore our fleece pyjamas and made the beds with our own thermal bed linen and warm FLEECE blankets, whicn we thankfully had packed. The first night was simply unbearable with the train noise and the ICE cold rooms despite the thermal linen and pyjamas!!!

The next morning we asked if we could upgrade only to be told NO because the caravans with central heating were fully booked. We were then offered heaters at a £10 deposit and only to get back to our caravan to find one 'Lousy, Pocket sized fan heater', By this time it was too late to go back to reception so we tried we took in turns to try and warm up each bedroom. But as soon as the heater was off, the rooms started to freeze again! My youngest child coughed all night and now has developed 'A nasty cold and chest Infection'. When I returned the heater the next morning I was told I could not have my £10 deposit back because the lousy heater had melted slightly with heat underneath! What an insult! The staff was more concerned about the lousy heater never mind the terrible customer services and my children's health???!! I told her to keep the £10 and made sure she knew how disgusted I was with her attitude! I told her point blank we would never return to this Caravan Site and we were checking out early due to appalling customer service!

As for the swimming pool, especially the 'baby pool' the water was ICE COLD and I could not stand the freezing water let alone my poor babies! Definetly a NO GO AREA! The Unisex changing rooms were chaotic, smelly and staff were confusingly walking around trying to clean whilst we tried to change, OMG What a NIGHT MARE, NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Definetly request somewhere near the entertainment centre i.e. twyni Beach Caravan site, so you can...
5 Thank sasha S
PresthavenS, Guest Relations at Presthaven Holiday Park, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review !
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I found the site far to big for whats on the complex! The club has to be the worse you can never get a seat & the entertainment is far from entertaining to a point my children asked if we could go back to the caravan because they were bored!
Had to wait in a massive queue to have a picture took with a couple of characters my kids never even got to have a proper look as they took 1 picture & then a rude member of staff told them to move not what you would expect when its supposed to be for children.
The site Was full of large gangs of Gypsies with very young girls dressed in bras & leggings! Surely the club should have some sort of dress code.
Dont bother trying too book activities for your kids as the response is always "its fully booked" Other activities like the crazy golf & tandem bikes are overpriced especially when youve already forked out for entertainment passes.
My advice go to Pontins accomodation isnt very good but the kids are thoroughly entertained!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Mpelsa
Thank you for your review !
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
The Beaches Hotel
Talacre Beach Caravan Park
Sunnyvale Caravan Park
Sunnyvale Caravan Park
#1 of 2 in Kinmel Bay

Been to Presthaven Holiday Park? Share your experiences!