“Horrendous! Don't go. Even checked out early. No response to complaints. Gutted!!”

Presthaven Holiday Park
Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Decided to go away at the end of the school holidays with my partner and 2 children aged 3 and 5. On our arrival we were greeted by the disgusting looking carpark entrance near reception, we made it to our caravan to then be welcomed by the overpowering smell of urine (enough said). After being disappointed by where our caravan was situated (far too crammed in) we arrived back to the van on day 2 to find an 'abandoned' mobile home dumped by the side of ours!! What a great view for the rest of our stay!! Even though we were assured after 2 complaints it would be moved., we were then informed they had towait for a scrap lorry to collect!! We were woken up on numerous occasions by the train that was never stated in the brochure either!! Thankfully there was a hotel about 3 miles up the road which sold beautiful food as the complex was disgusting. The beach was a joke, the 'lazy river' by the pool never seemed to be open. After checking out a day early we were asked by the manager why? We told them and they assured someone would be in touch....... We then wrote a formal letter of complaint. We have still heard nothing after 2/3 months. This site is a joke in comparison to the beautiful Haven site in Bream Sands. So upset we paid to stay at Presthaven. It could learn a lot from other sites!!!!! Unhappy is not the word!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Davina S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Heysham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Spent 2 nights at presthaven with my daughter and 4 year old granddaughter.
We came here to visit a friend who works on the camp. We very nearly didn't go after reading some awful reviews, I am glad we did. Our caravan was amazing although we did book privately, it had 3 bedrooms walk in shower separate toilet central heating and was very warm and spotless throughout. My granddaughter loved it especially the party dances, and a tea party with Rory the tiger the entertainment for young ones was great a special mention to Claire one of the entertainers the kids loved her. I would imagine in the height of the season the camp could be a bit rough so definitely try and pick a quieter time. I must admit the family entertainment room does smell but we went back because it was so much fun. I wouldn't go here without children and we only went to the children's entertainment so cant comment on the later shows. I would go back either at the beginning of the season or end. Lisa who overlooks the camp does a great job and we all enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Lorraine C
walsall
Reviewed November 9, 2012

we visited the above mentioned park in october this year. What a horrible place. We paid for a luxury plus caravan which had no central heating.
All of the public areas (swimming pool, toilets, bars etc) are filthy and the smell is unbearable.
The smell of sick that greets you as you walk into the family entertainment room is overpowering.
The kids disco was rushed every night so they could sell tickets for the bingo.
i would advise you to keep away from this park and choose somewhere else.
Everything on the park is also a rip off. (take your own beer).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank hanna h

Travelers are raving about these Prestatyn hotels

England
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have been to this park twice this year with are two year old Daughter.

We had an amazing time both times we visited in May and september 2012.

We was very sad to leave after along weekend and my daughter cried she had so much fun.

Lots of outside acctivity on the park.

Great entertainment.

Great staff team

Lovley comfortable stay

Any problems its sorted to high standards.

We have visited lots of Haven sites this has got to be the best yet.

My Daughter loves fact Beach is on site .

Cant wait to return in 2013

Well done Haven.

Brogan Family

Cant wait to return

Room Tip: on booking if young children ask to not be to central.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Clare B
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am the owner of a brand new caravan on this site and have stayed at the park several times since August this year, so feel qualified to provide a balanced review based on different visits.

Having read some of the reviews I would make the following observations:

- yes the showbar does have a whiff of sick as you enter which is more likely stale spilt drinks on the carpet, and ive reported this to the site manager. Its mildly unpleasant but nowhere near as bad as some reviews claim. I have a keen nose and it doesn't affect me.
- unfortunately Haven cannot discriminate against 'chavs' and if they choose to spend their holidays at our park there's little anyone can do about it. Personally I've not been offended by anyone I've seen although granted some people may look a bit rough it's the same everywhere and I've experienced no trouble.
- I actually think the toilet facilities are very well maintained and have commented on the frequent visits from the attendant throughout the evening. There has never been a shortage of loo roll as I've found in other places, including top restaurants and hotels.
- the shop is reasonably priced with lots of offers on 3 for 2 etc. Yes some things are more expensive but isn't that the norm with all holiday resorts? It's extremely well stocked and the staff are lovely and very friendly to everyone.
- trains could disturb you if you stay right by the railway line. However they are few and far between and most caravans are unaffected by noise.
- noise late at night. Yes we have been woken on occasion by guests returning from the entertainment complex but this has been a minor disturbance and we've soon gone back to sleep. As another reviewer said, you are in a caravan and noise from outside is inevitable. Overall we find the park quiet and relaxing.
- staff I can't really comment on the staff at check in as I have never experienced this but I will say I have found the staff to be pleasant and helpful in all my dealings but then as an owner I appreciate my experience may be different.
- The entertainment has pleasantly surprised me and we've seen some really good shows. The youngsters seem to enjoy the shows aimed at them and there is a good atmosphere in the showbar and carousel bar. It's not really my thing but the staff do a great job of keeping everyone entertained and involved and there is the option of the Mash and Barrel or the pub at the beginning of the park if you prefer it quieter.
- the facilities throughout are great for families with lots to keep the children entertained.

Overall I have been very impressed by the park, hence I have bought a caravan there. I have had very positive feedback from all my guests and none of the complaints I've read on here.

My caravan is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom deluxe and it has been used by Haven guests as well as my private renters. On each occasion that Haven have used it, the caravan has been left spotless and I am very fussy so this is praise indeed.

My advice is to rent privately and you will know what caravan you are staying in and where it is on the park, as well as avoiding the usual check in process.

• Stayed November 2012
13 Thank Gillandgang
STAFFORDSHIRE
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just returned from a long weekend at Presthaven in my touring caravan with my wife.
We had been to this site before but about 20 yrs ago so decided to return to see what it was like now.
We had booked and paid for a super pitch for the long weekend (there are only 4 of these ) but on arrival had been allocated a standard pitch.
It is now mostly static vans. The touring vans for which there are now only about 30 pitches are stuck at the very far end of the site next to a busy noisy railway line ( Only 10yds from the rear of my van ) and about twenty minutes walk to the entertainment venue. The single touring toilet block is locked and you are given a key to use on arrival which is good but the facilities are old and generally in poor condition with a leaking pipe and a blocked overflowing grid outside.
The nightly entertainment was fantastic some of the best I have seen at any pub club or holiday park but the main entertainment room is very shabby, Dirty, run down torn seating and constantly had a very strong smell like sick which I notice has been mentioned in previous reviews it was horrible. The toilets in this room are also in poor condition looking old and dirty.
The majority of the people there are from Liverpool and do leave a lot to be desired, Track suits trainers and constant swearing seemed to be the norm but having said that they were all friendly enough.
The site has three free wifi hot spots The Mash and barrel bar wifi, The general Haven wifi and the Owners suit wifi. Non of which were working on the Sunday evening and I was informed by one of the "Owners" that the data allowance had run out. Yes the data allowance had run out UNBELIEVABLE. Never heard of that on any site before I can only assume they have some cheep skate limited data allowance system so don't bank on getting wifi. very frustrating.
I have been to lots of the Haven sites on the south and east cost but this is probably the worst and would put people off going to Haven which would not be fair to the other sites which are generally of a much higher standard.
I would not return to Presthaven for at least another 20 yrs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WEEKENDER11111
Telford
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We have just returned from a week break at Presthaven. mixed feelings. On arrival we were merely given passes and keys and a map with a line to follow to the caravan. No list of opening hours of attractions, costs of extras, activity programme or anything. No bin liners (very unusual for Haven) and nothing to say where to leave your rubbish.
The caravan was large, fairly clean and well appointed. The beds, crockery, cutlery and bathroom etc (where it matters most) were exceptionally clean and a nice touch was the kettle half filled with two mugs placed next to it with spoons in ready for arrival.
We took a halogen heater to warm the bedrooms before going to bed, and put hot water bottles in the childrens beds, this was fine, no-one was cold.
Trains, well, yes, they are a bit annoying when they start around 5 in the morning, but having said that, they are short trains and trundle by very quickly.
Arcade is manic, and the entertainment complex toilets could really do with a deep clean, and more maintenance, this is one area where they fall down badly.
All in all though, we had a great week, nothing above that spoilt it. The van was well maintained, stayed warm through the night. The children (and us) thoroughly enjoyed the swimming pools, and the attendants were very vigilant. One parent was trying to teach his little girl to swim 'the hard way' and took her into deeper water than she was happy with. The attendants very quickly spotted this and ensured he took the child to a depth where she could stand on the bottom, else leave the complex. This is how it should be.
If Haven would only spend some money and bring the site up to the standards of their other parks, this would be a '5 circle' park. Staff work extremely hard.
n.b. Trip was two grandparents, two children aged 8 and 9 - and yes, we will be returning. People are too quick to criticise without putting solutions forward.

Room Tip: Ask not to be near the complex or the railway line.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
The Beaches Hotel
Talacre Beach Caravan Park
Sunnyvale Caravan Park
Sunnyvale Caravan Park
#1 of 2 in Kinmel Bay

Been to Presthaven Holiday Park? Share your experiences!