“Sensational”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tyddyn Llan

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llandrillo
Tyddyn Llan
Ranked #1 of 3 Llandrillo B&B and Inns
Cartmel, United Kingdom
“Sensational”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Both outstanding location and food
Admittedly I eat out more than most , and if eating at one of the uks finest is your thing then
A visit to tyddyn llan is a must

No fancy foams and nitrogen just wonderfully produced food with the finest produce
And if you know your wines then you need to definitely need a driver or a room for the night

Very good value and attentive service ,

Already Planning my return !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank theflyingwineman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I, enjoyed a one night stay at tyddyn llan last week, We noticed they had a winter offer available,bed, breakfast and evening meal. I have to say the visit was great,we both thought the food was amazing.We will visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank adrian i
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I am very guided by reviews on trip advisor. I have noticed recently that I hotel tyddyn llan , which my friends go monthly with no complaints was subject Surprise a bit of " bad press" . I decided to try the place myself on cheap mid week break

Being brave I also tried 2 dishes a courgette starter and turbot main which severely critiqued to see if they were as bad as made out.

I enjoyed both tremendously both were well cooked and presented with no flavour overwhelming the other and neither too filling to make room for the next or desert. I opted for the chocolate cheesecake :

I expected the lounge to be both dark and cold both after reading reviews and since I staying midweek. This not found to be the case even the only another resident staying.

The was no fire to make the lounge more homely. Even it was not needed, nevertheless I chanced my arm asked for one to lit. Someone came out of the resturant and did this.

Almost nervous I went to my room expecting something akin to a cell ? the room albeit bit small ( was given the smallest in the hotel; part of the offer) was warm comfortable homely and delightful , must have been so as fell asleep shortly after going to bed, very unusual for me

No real complaints and glad I went

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank philip j
Betws-y-Coed, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Wish this review was for the food as that was five star! And the wine list was a delight to explore.
Lovely setting and the public rooms are beautifully presented. Bedroom was disappointing and very cold. When we told staff about this we were told it was because they had been closed in the week and the heating had been off !!! Surely when you have guests arriving you'd ensure it was back up to an inviting level!
Rude staff on arrival and cold rooms spoilt our visit

• Stayed November 2011
wales 99
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We are big fans of Tyddyn Llan and have been there many times. We even once did an 8 hour trip to join friends for lunch on a notable birthday. We have never had a bad meal, or felt less than feted by the team there.

So it was disappointing to feel let down when we spent 2 nights there on our silver wedding anniversary. The hotel ( though this is now definitely in the "restaurant with rooms" bracket) was very quiet, and we were desperate for someone to light the fire in the lounge. Champagne ordered in the lounge as an aperitif was served without any tit bits, crisps or olives, though some old tasteless olives were produced when I raised the issue ( from a tin?). We took the d, b and b menu one evening. Let's hope that the michelin inspector doesn't plump for it when he comes calling. There were no amuse bouches whatsoever, and whilst pleasant in part, there was nothing in it that made one think of a michelin star. Indeed, there were a couple of courses we almost could not eat. A potentially tasty turbot with leak risotto was drowned in an unpleasant and inappropriate red wine sauce, and a plum and almond tart had to be chiselled away from its hard baked crust.

This was in stark contrast to the second night when we went a la carte to have a splendid meal, amuse bouche and all. The wine list is terrific, with great bottles at reasonable prices.

But after the meal, you will want to go to bed rather than have a drink in the lounge as it's simply not welcoming when it's raining outside, and the heating is off- and still no fire lit.

I was rather expecting someone to wish us a happy silver anniversary at some stage of the proceedings, but no one bothered though they were aware of it. And given that this establishment is in the heart of Welsh Wales, it was very odd that there wasn't one Welsh speaking member of staff ( even though the majority of diners when we were there were Welsh speakers).

So I'm grieved to say that we were disappointed, and hope for a return to form before the Michelin inspector does his rounds.

Room Tip: Beware that the doubles are just that- not queen or king size, so a little small.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank welsh73
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We came on 13th/14th September to eat Grouse and Lobster which was a great treat. Couldn't resist ordering the grouse both nights. Best I have ever tasted, and asked for a spoon to finish the sauce. Other highlights were the pate de foie gras - tasted more like goose liver rather than duck. The Ata Rangi pinot noir wine was the best P.N. we have ever tasted. At breakfast we specially enjoyed the fruit compote, the yoghurt, and the coffee. The staff were very good, "Can I have some water please ?" "Yes sir, still or sparkling ?" I'll have some tap water please" "Ah, good Welsh water" said with a smile.
The sun shone into the dining room and the clever idea of having green paint around the windows made the green outside seem significant and more part of the experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Enjoyed spending one night here recently. We got a deal for £160 dinner, bed and breakfast midweek- it was a good price, I don't think the full price is worth it to be honest. The room was fine, had all amenities except that there was no shower which I expect is due to the sloping ceilings. The bathroom was very small and a little tired. Room decor was black and silver with pictures of new york. I think they were trying to go for a modern look but it would have been nicer to for a simple decor with welsh/country touches. The corridors seem like they could do with updating-the doors are a bit cheap looking and many of the pictures around the house were a bit rubbish! We had canapés in the drawing room before dinner- very nice but quite filling. Dinner was very nice but not up to Michelin standard in my opinion. Breakfast was very good with a nice choice of fruit/ hot food etc. we left just before check-out time but felt that the lady who assisted us (perhaps one of the owners?) was trying to get rid of us. Overall we had a nice stay but if there was an option for 3.5 stars I would have chosen that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandrillo
Pale Hall Hotel
The Hand at Llanarmon
The Hand at Llanarmon
#1 of 2 in Llanarmon DC
Ruthin Castle Hotel

Been to Tyddyn Llan? Share your experiences!