“Excellent home cooked food”

The Berwyn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Llandrillo
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opening times: Thursday - Saturday 6.30pm onwards & Sunday lunchtime 12.00pm - 3.30pm. These days & times are flexible by prior arrangement. Parties of up to 24 people are also catered for.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

On a visit up to Corwen to see friends we decided to find a restaurant near to our B&B and The Berwyn was recommended to us. Debbie greeted us as we walked through the door and her hospitality was a stand out feature for me. It felt as if we were dining at the home of another friend. I ordered the chorizo chicken from the Specials board and my partner had the lamb. I love the approach to sauces and gravy at The Berwyn in particular - good, old-fashioned flavour with plenty of tasty ingredients. The lamb and chicken were both sourced locally (Bala butcher) as was much of the other produce. I enjoyed the meal and felt completely relaxed and at home from the moment we arrived. Thank you to Debbie and Ivor for a lovely evening.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very friendly, hard working couple who go out of their way to please. My wife and I have been to this restaurant on several occasions and it never disappoints. The quality of Ivor's home cooked food is excellent and is clearly very popular with local people (which is always a good sign). A great place to meet up with friends and family but you do need to book well in advance.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Myself and my husband booked a table at the Berwyn on Saturday 13/7/13 and were welcomed by Debbie who is so friendly and welcoming. We were shown to our table shortly after arriving and had trouble choosing from the menu because everything sounded so good. My husband had the duck samosa to start followed by the chicken in Stilton of course I had a taste of both and they were gorgeous. I had the duo of lamb which was cooked perfectly to my taste followed by the Eton mess cheesecake (the selection of home made desserts was mindblowing) The main course was served with the best selection of veg we,ve ever had. It is now Monday night and i'm still mmmmmmmmmmming about the meal. Ivor came to have a chat and he is so friendly and warm, he and Debbie are the most lovely couple so perfectly suited and both so passionate about their restaurant. This is not "going out for a meal" this is a memorable experience, a small restaurant but a huge memory. Thank you Debbie and Ivor - we will return.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Was recommended this restaurant by a friend, called up on sunday morning to book in for six people for lunch that day, was very pleased with the friendly greeting and service, it was a lovely relaxed atmosphere and the food was excellent, sweet selection was vast and they were all home made will be calling back soon to sample the evening menu

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I have recently eaten here, WOW! From start to Finish this was more than just dining it was a friendly thoughtful beautiful dining experience. My wife had mushroom to start which was melt in the mouth moments of taste sensation I on the other hand had black pudding, now that may sound a bit dull but how Ivor the chef cooked it up was absolutely fantastic. For main my wife had beef olive which as Debbie stated had no olives in it but it was flattened stuffed rolled and braised beef, this was the first time my wife had finished both starter and main but oh when I tried it I could tell why. I however went for the duo of lamb and the second it was placed in front of me I was salivating the lamb chops were beautifully pink and the gravy surrounding both cuts was exquisite. The whole evening was made wonderful not only by the food but the service and banter with the lovely couple, Debbie and Ivor. All in all this was five star dining with an extremely reasonable price.