We came here with high expectations, and we nearly left after 5 minutes.
Perhaps I should explain.
We booked on the assumption that the room would have a bath, and it turned out we had a room with a shower instead. The management didn't have an alternative room available for that night when we asked to be moved, but promised that we could move the next night when a suitable bath-equipped room became available.
The situation was salvaged somewhat by a lovely meal in their restaurant and the fact that the bed was large and comfortable, unlike a certain Travelodge I could mention....
The hotel is situated in some of the best countryside that Wales has to offer, in a small village that oozes charm and tranquillity. However, be aware that because it is out in the sticks, you won't get a mobile phone signal, though the rooms come equipped with telephones. The Hand also has a free Wi-Fi network available. However, when we were there, it was slower than a dead tortoise, so we gave up on that one.
It's also pretty well-situated for sightseeing, and is fairly close to most of the places anyone visiting Wales would like to see. The roads are fairly good, and were snow-free even when 10-foot drifts were evident, but it's worth noting that they are pretty twisty-turny and should be treated with care.
As promised, we were moved on the second night, and the replacement room was warm, comfy, and equipped with a bath. Job done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hand is an ancient hostelry with all the attributes you'd expect - bags of character, a cosy, relaxing ambience and a warm welcome from your hosts, Jonathan and Jackie Greatorex. As soon as you arrive you feel the weight of the world dissolving as the surroundings work their magic. All the classic ingredients are here - old beams, roaring fireplaces, a casual mix-and-match of pine and oak furniture, real ale and good food. The latter is seriously good. Thanks to the talents of Head Chef Grant Mulholland and his team, The Hand is renowned for award-winning food, an inventive marriage of country fare and sophisticated metropolitan cuisine. The bedrooms, in a variety of sizes, reflect similar influences, with rustic decor and sparkling modern bathrooms. Country lovers just love the location. You can walk in the Berwyns for hours with only the sheep for company and the ever-helpful Hand can arrange many country pursuits, including horse riding, fishing and shooting. You may be away from it all, but you'll also be in the swing of things; this gem of a country inn is so much a part of village life that locals and visitors mix in unaffected harmony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Hand at Llanarmon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hand At Llanarmon Hotel Llanarmon Dc
- Hand At Llanarmon Dc
- The Hand At Llanarmon Llanarmon DC, North Wales