“Good lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
North Wales, United Kingdom
“Good lunch”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Enjoyed our lunch, which was generous. Coffee expensive at £4.95, as were the tiny desserts at £5.95. We would go back again, but skip dessert!
Staff friendly without being over fussy.

Visited July 2013

Llangollen, United Kingdom
“ok”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Beautiful old charming country pub/hotel. Gorgeous open fire places to sit by and wind down the evening.
We ate by the large open fire by the main entrance. It started so surreal and then they bought the food. Mine was the haddock fish cakes with a creme fresh of sorts. The fish cake was under seasoned and so dry. I couldn't even manage one. I tried to moisten it with the creme fresh but it was so overpowered with fennel it totally killed it ! My husbands lamb cutlets were good so I guess I made the poor choice that day.
We did have sandwiches after a long walk one day and asked for the meats of lamb and beef to be warm. It was ignored and nothing special when it arrived.
This place is charming but very pricey.You pay for the overall experience and location.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Alyssalou
wirral
“A bit of a mixed bag ..”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went for lunch at the West Arms Hotel , it is a lovely historic old pub with character furnishings and a warm atmosphere. We were greeted warmly and shown to the lounge bar , the menu was interesting and everything seemed fine. I ordered crab salad as a main course , the crab itself was lovely but it was covered in smoked salmon which wasn't on the menu and didn't really complement the crab. My partner had the lamb cutlets with sweet potato and red cabbage, the cutlets were excellent but the whole dish was a bit too sweet. My main gripe is with the deserts which were priced at £5.95 each , mine was a dark & white chocolate mousse and my partners the bread and butter pudding - both were absolutely tiny and although both deserts tasted nice we thought these were well overpriced. So all in all this showed promise but the reality didn't really live up to the expectation.

• Visited May 2013
Wolverhampton
“Supper food”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Good ambience, excellent food with a friendly staff. The choice is limited to four each of starter, main and dessert.

Visited April 2013
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We decided to go to The West Arms for lunch on easter saturday for a birthday treat for my partner, after a beautiful scenic drive through the snowy welsh countryside we arrived at The west, there was ample car parking space.We were greeted by the owner and after a brief chat we were taken to our table, which was in the Lounge Bar. There was a lovely log fire which was very welcoming. The menu was excellent and there was also a specials board,so lots of choice.
All five of us were very impressed with the food and the service was very good.
I can highly recommend the West, we will certainly come again. The hotel boasts wonderful views of the Berwyns etc, and i would quite fancy a walking weekend there.

• Visited March 2013