“Strange welcome!”

and 1 more site!
Bron-y-Graig
Ranked #4 of 14 Corwen B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2012

On arriving at the hotel,after a 3 hour journey, we found a note on the door saying "back at 5. 15." We waited about 10 mins and then the door was opened by our host ( unsmiling and unwelcoming!) His first words were "Sign in". it was not a very nice first impression. Also the reception area is a little dreary and dark. The wall paper is very dark and this gives a very drab effect. We were taken to our rooms which are decorated in William Morris wallpaper. Ours was dark green and very dark and dreary. The bedcover looked faded and worn. However the linen was all crisp and spotlessly clean. Good sized bathroom. Lovely views. Delicious biscuits too! The breakfast was good. However I would not stay here again as I found it too dark and dreary. I did not feel very welcome, although the service was ( after a bad start) efficient. Also I did not like to read that dogs are welcome in the bedrooms! YUK!!!!! I prefer less fussy accomodation. Would prefer even a Premier Inn every time! It's just a matter of personal choice.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 1 2 or 3 as they are the original "family" rooms. Some of the others are the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JanePWales
Judith80, Owner at Bron-y-Graig, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are sorry you were not welcomed as we would like: sometimes it is necessary to go out to collect supplies, and we are sorry that on this occasion we did not take the time to make you feel at home.

Bron-y-Graig is decorated in William Morris papers and Victorian colours and as such we realise you did not like the style.

We are sorry you did not like to see that we are pet-friendly. Guests may bring dogs by prior arrangement, although they are not permitted in the breakfast room. We do try to make this clear in our room information as we realise that some people do not like dogs. However given our excellent walking location we find many customers like to bring their dogs with them. Rooms are cleaned thoroughly every day, and we thank you for commenting that your room was clean.

We are glad you were pleased with your service and that you enjoyed your breakfasts.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The moment you arrive the lovely, well-kept gardens and the internal decor serve to relax you. Then the friendly welcome and excellent service make you feel right at home.

We stayed two nights, but were unfortunate in the weather. My wife turned that into an opportunity to go shopping in Cheshire Oaks outlet mall. My daughter then found Monopoly which we all played together in the lounge and I found a copy of Dune among the large selection of books, so it worked out for all of us.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor with a view of the valley.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We have just stayed for one night at Bron-y-Craig . We were attending a wedding nearby . This is a lovely bed and breakfast !! Room and bathroom both spotless , the bedding crisp and clean .Lovely decor , giving a calm , relaxing atmosphere . Breakfast was wonderful , served to us by a very respectful young lady . She asked us several times if we would like more tea , coffee or toast .It was really cold the night we stayed but when we arrived back, quite late , to our room, the heating was on and it was so lovely to arrive back to a lovely cosy , warm room .My husband and I would certainly consider staying there again if we are ever in the area again .

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I have just returned from a most enjoyable stay at Bron-y-Graig in Corwen. Judith and Mandy were so kind, helpful and welcoming. Their attention to detail is brilliant. The room was extremely comfortable and I was most grateful that they welcomed both of my (well-behaved) dogs. Wi-fi is available from the room. Breakfasts were consistently delicious with very efficient, friendly service. Thank you very much for my great stay.

Room Tip: Room One had a great view and is a very generous size.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I conduct small group tour around the UK and we try to stay here at least once a year as it is one of my favorite places to stay in Wales. I found it a few years back and it is exactly what we look for when choosing accommodation for our small group tours. I feel instantly at home when I walk in the door and always look forward to a wonderful dinner as well. The William Morris decor compliments the house perfectly and Judith and David will meet your every need. This will always be my choice when we are in the north of Wales and I am very much looking forward to another stay in just a few weeks!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed here for one night over the weekend - very friendly hosts. We had two rooms, both on the top floor (the stairs are a bit steep, but this is a 130 year old property!). Lovely tiles, vibrant wallpaper and clean bedding, rooms and en-suites...

Hearty breakfast, lovely views....

Good value, wish we were here for longer - definitely worth a return trip!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Judith80, Owner at Bron-y-Graig, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments - we are very pleased that you liked the house.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Outstandingly good value and an absolute pleasure to stay here - dog friendly and free wifi, plus an excellent location for great walking.
Faultless

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DizzyCheshire
Judith80, Owner at Bron-y-Graig, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and it was a great pleasure to meet your delightful dog Jack!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corwen
Pale Hall Hotel
Plas Derwen Country House
Tyddyn Llan
Tyddyn Llan
#1 of 3 in Llandrillo

Been to Bron-y-Graig? Share your experiences!