“Great”

Maelgwyn House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 14 Harlech B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This has got to be the best B&B My partner Matt and I have ever stayed in and we stay in a lot.
The room made us feel like Royalty and we were very sad to leave it was my 30th Birthday and Bridget and Derek even got me a card they are lovely hosts and made us so welcome, staying there made my Birthday and our holiday!! The breakfast was amazing and the views from our room were breath taking they gave us directions for a great ride!! We stayed two nights and planned to move on for a third night in another area we got to the next destination and we went home early because we felt nothing would top the great time we had staying with Bridget and Derek and to stay somewhere else would only put a downer on the great time we had there!!!
We will defiantly be going back!!! thank you for a great holiday and for making my 30th special xx

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah P

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I had a most excellent stay here. The property is well situated, there was a beautiful view from the room, a good breakfast and very welcoming hosts. We hope to return before too long - and maybe purchase one of the pictures that adorn every room in the house - it's worth visiting just to see the artwork!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank K B
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here this week, I have to say that its the BEST B&B I have ever stayed at. It actually puts most hotels I have stayed at to shame! The rooms are very clean, and well presented, the beds are very comfy and snuggly. There`s a lovely sitting room for guests and you are even provided with a huge selection of books and DVDs should you want them. Your hosts, Bridget and Derek, are lovely and very attentive and knowledgeable about the area too! The breakfast is pure heaven, you must try the salmon and scrambled eggs! I will be sure to be staying again when i can.
(I checked the pool button my accident, they dont have one oops)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank audittraveler
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had the pleasure to stay for one night at Maelgwyn House this past April. Our room was beautiful, with enormous windows overlooking the village, castle and beach. The bed was comfortable, and we spent a few hours sitting in the sitting area reading books, drinking tea and looking out on the view. The location is excellent-- right off the main road, with a walking path across the street to take you down to the beach, or a short stoll into town and the castle. A big castle, a tiny town, that's how it was described, and that was 100% accurate. So charming, wild and beautiful-- especially off-season when we were there. Bridget and Derek were wonderful, so inviting, friendly and kind. We had a great conversation with them during a delicious breakfast.

We wish we could have stayed longer, and hope that anyone in the area will stop by for a stay. The perfect welsh evening, in a lovely home with great hosts.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank E-ETravel
Reviewed April 18, 2013

An excellent place to stay in Harlech. Bridget and Derek were very friendly and welcoming. They gave us a great room with a view of the sea and the castle. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, the bed was very comfortable and breakfast was absolutely superb. I would absolutely recommend Maelgwyn House to anyone traveling to Harlech or nearby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MrMatson
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Although my brother and I only stayed in Maelgwyn House for one night, I can honestly say it was one of the best B&B's I've ever stayed in. The room was clean and had lovely china to enjoy a cup of tea while looking out to the Irish Sea, the full Welsh breakfast was delicious, and Bridget and Derek were lovely welcoming people who were just plain old fun to chat with. If I find myself up in north Wales again I will definitely knock on their door for a place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Myself and my friend Linda stayed for three nights last month in order to do the Julia Bradbury walk around Barmouth. Bridget found the times of the bus we needed to catch to the toll bridge and where to park. The place was spotless and beautifully presented, and the breakfast, well...Fresh fruit, smoked salmon scrambled eggs etc. etc etc. 5 star all round. We will have no hesitation to book again.

Room Tip: We had the twin room which was superb.