All reviews homemade shortbread new owners lovely meal friendly hotel sunday lunch owners and staff cod see you soon tea and coffee facilities kippers golf course on site parking lovely touch lovely owners enjoyable stay local area lamb
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019

Lovely hotel,very obliging when we arrived taking coats,getting initial drinks etc. Trying to pick a slimming world best option, I went for the piri piri chicken supreme which came with roasted sweet corn and rice - perfect!! The waiter said good luck and warned me that I was brave as the sauce had a kick to it. That’s fine as I like a bit of spice. However,it was inedible and so fiery that my lips were burning. I told the waitress who said I should have said earlier as they could have changed it. She was not very pleasant. A discussion ensued in the kitchen which we could see from out seats and the chef was ‘ being told’. If the kitchen knew his hand had slipped when making the sauce, they should have taken it off the menu. The chicken was cooked well and was delicious but the sweet corn was not roasted and all was covered in the sauce. I was cross with mysel& for ordering it as it spoilt my evening. My friends were all happy with their meals. When we asked,they deducted the two orders from the bill so all ended okay.

Date of stay: March 2019
ybranwen, Owner at Y branwen hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Y branwen.
I’m sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations on this occasion.
When you ordered the piri piri chicken, my staff informed you that this was a very hot dish.
During the service my restaurant manager checked on your table and you said everything was ok.
I’m sorry that you found our piri piri sauce too hot but I’m pleased that you managed to eat it all.
As a gesture of good will, we deducted the chicken from your bill.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

This restaurant is ideal for people who are staying on the caravan sites on Beach Road as it does not require a very steep hill climb into the centre of Harlech. It is sited 100 metres from the railway station on the main through road.
I ate there 4 nights on the trot in the bar as I had the dog with me. Tables can be reserved in the bar. It is very dog friendly and your dog will be fed an endless supply of dog biscuits. The pub is clean and tastefully decorated. There is a nice long bar to stand and drink at and the bar staff and managers (maybe the owners) are friendly and attentive. You are made to feel very welcome. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. I will return when in the area again for sure.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review Y branwen.
I’m really pleased that you enjoyed your visit and for dining with us for four consecutive nights.
We all look forward to welcoming you and your lovely dog again soon...

Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

Had an excellent stay for one night while touring Snowdonia. Very comfortable room. Fantastic food. Staff were all very friendly and made the stay feel very relaxed. I have no hesitations about returning!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review Y branwen.
We’re really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon...

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at the caravan Parc over the weekend and came in just for a few drinks each night the place was very accommodating and the staff we met were great we felt welcomed so all in all we will definitely be back next time we come to Harlech thanks guys

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review Y branwen.
We’re really pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our bar.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon...

Reviewed March 7, 2019

My girlfriend and I stayed here with our dog Monty, we chose this hotel because of the spectacular beach at Harlech and the fact that the hotel is dog friendly and Frinedly is definetly the word the owners could not be more welcoming and helpful to us and Monty dog was made to feel really welcome. The hotel is lovely and cosy and the food and service are excellent.... and with the six nations rugby in full flow they even arraneg for Wales to beat England !!! Now that is what I call service. But seriously if you wnat to stay in a friendly hotel and take your dog this Y Branwen is highly recommended from us :-)

Room tip: All rooms are great with views out to the sea :-)
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ybranwen, Owner at Y branwen hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2019

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Y branwen. We’re really pleased that you and Monty enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back again soon...