“Best ice cream ever”
Review of Hufenfa'r Castell

Hufenfa'r Castell
Ranked #5 of 14 things to do in Harlech
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My family stopped for an ice cream after visiting the castle. There were some very interesting and yummy flavours such as 'wedding cake'. The peanut ice cream with chocolate was the best of them all and, to me, tasted like a 'Butterfinger' (american chocolate bar).

2  Thank emlem55
in 6 reviews
"shop"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great ice-cream! I had a two scoop waffle cone for £3.30 and had trouble choosing which flavour to have as they were all very tempting. I finally settled on the honeycomb and Welsh fudge which was according to the lady one of the most popular combinations. As I'd been toying with the white chocolate she kindly added a small spoonful to taste. The ice-cream cone comes with a wafer and a small Welsh flag.

1  Thank ALH57
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We called in twice during our short stay in Harlech. My wife thought her icecreams were the best she had had outside Italy. My pasty (1) was really fresh and tasty. Unlike familyfact we found the couple who kept it very friendly and pleasant.

3  Thank welltravelled658
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I loved all the flavours I tried; I tried very hard to work my way through all the flavours but failed. I will evidently have to return next year and I would recommend that anyone who visits anywhere near Harlech, and who likes icecream, visits, too.

2  Thank Catherine G
See more reviews
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place is a must if you're in Harlech. The ice cream is delicious, the fudge is excellent, the bread is super, the owners are friendly. it is opposite the castle so it's lovely to walk across and sit on the low wall by the castle and enjoy your lemon cheesecake ice cream (or one of the other 15 or so flavours)

2  Thank WirralBeachlover