“Great place”

The Plas Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Harlech
Cuisines: British, Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Plas Restaurant is situated on the High Street of the Historic coastal town of Harlech. It's frontage gives few hints as to what lies beyond. An elegant Restaurant and a relaxing, comfortale Conservatory, with lawns to it's front taking full advantage of the most spectacular views of Royal St. David's Golf Course and across the bay to the Llyn Peninsular. From the conservatory and terrace there are wonderfully close views of Harlech Castle, once the home of Owain Glyndwr.
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We went here during or recent trip to Wales. It was really quite good, with amazing views over the bay and to the castle. We ate luch, and returned again on a separate occasion for tea and scones. Very nice, and with very friendly staff.

There are newer reviews for The Plas Restaurant

Reviewed August 13, 2014

It's hard to pick an overall rating that really sums up our experience as I feel 2 for "poor" is a bit harsh but 3 for "average" isn't right either. We ate here for an evening meal after reading good reviews. We benefited from the sunset view, there were ample tables free without needing to book and the staff were friendly and attentive. The experience however seemed just a little less classier than we were expecting eg scuffed wine glasses with wine spilled down the stem, plastic covered menus and litter on the table. This wouldn't have mattered so much had the food been good but we both found it all rather tasteless. A lot of it but still didn't feel good value for money. I'd still recommend it though for lunch or a cream tea as it does seem better set up for that.

2  Thank LeicestershireLou
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is the best place I have eaten. Not necessarily for the food but because of the view it offers and the reasonably priced food. My wife and I arrived late in the area and went here on the recommendation of our guesthouse. It was a brilliant choice which offered my wife good vegetarian options and myself some local lamb! The food was good, not too pretentious, and well priced. The Riesling wine was yum! And they had some nice Welsh Ales/lager.

Overall a great place to eat on a sunny evening. The view just bowled us over. And the staff were very friendly as well. I could eat there every summers evening!

1  Thank Alex B
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Went here today with our family of 4 and friends family of four. We sat on the terrace, amazing views! We could not pull the tables together because they were tied down (understandable given the occasional welsh gale force winds) so the children sat at one table and we sat at the other and that was fine. The young staff were friendly, quick and professional. The menu looked delicious and was a big surprise. I had the lamb baguette, just gorgeous, everyone's food was lovely. I would go Harlech again just to eat that lamb! Children's menu was great, fab mini fish and chips and then they brought out ice lollys free afterwards. Very thoughful. Would have loved to try the amazing looking cakes but we were all too full. My first impression was it was a bit posh for us with 4 children (4-8) but we were made welcome and it was perfect. Thank you.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Plas Cafe is my favourite place in this area for lunch , the menu is good and very reasonable. If the weather is good sit outside or in the conservatory for an amazing view of Harlech Castle, bay and surrounding coastline. The staff are always attentive and the service is quick. My only fault with the Plas is that they close one day midweek even in the high season, surely there must be a way to get around this, they must be losing revenue, otherwise still my favourite