“Good food, great views”

The Plas Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Harlech
Cuisines: British, Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Plas Restaurant is situated on the High Street of the Historic coastal town of Harlech. It's frontage gives few hints as to what lies beyond. An elegant Restaurant and a relaxing, comfortale Conservatory, with lawns to it's front taking full advantage of the most spectacular views of Royal St. David's Golf Course and across the bay to the Llyn Peninsular. From the conservatory and terrace there are wonderfully close views of Harlech Castle, once the home of Owain Glyndwr.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good food, great views”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Earlier in the day, I had tried to make a reservation but was told by a restaurant employee that reservations were accepted. No worries, though, for the restaurant was nearly deserted on this particular Sunday evening. The food and service were good enough but not particularly noteworthy. What made this dining experience worthwhile was the spectacular views that allowed my friend and I to enjoy a glorious sunset. Outdoor seating was not feasible on this chilly evening, but I imagine it would have been ideal on a warmer day.

1 Thank Agincourt1415

“Wonderful experience overlooking the sea”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We had been directed to another restaurant but it was closed so we just stumbled upon The Plas. And how happy we are that we did. It was the most memorable meal of our 2 week trip through Ireland and Wales. It was a gorgeous evening (a true rarity in Wales) so we sat outside high on the cliff overlooking the sea and the most spectacular sunset. Dinner was superb. Portions were huge and delicious. We both had the lamb. Service was very good. We would definitely recommend going to this place , especially if the weather is nice and you can enjoy the lovely view.

• Visited September 2013
“Nice views, reasonable food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Had a pleasant meal here in the conservatory with magnificent views. My wife had the Beef Bourgignone and I had the the Belly Pork and both were good. The chips were home made and the meats were tasty, especially the beef. The salad on the plate was a strange addition but almost worked. The prices were reasonable and the staff helpful. We were planning to eat again later in the week but moved on in our motorhome before our return visit. Would definitely eat there again.

Visited September 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Massive portions - make sure you are hungry”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

First of all tried to book at 7,30pm on Saturday night - advised only 2 tables left and we could not book them. We decided to leave it and try again later when we were ready to eat. Went back at 8.30 and were asked where would we like to eat - nearly every table was empty.

Glad we had decided to go for a walk to build up our appetite, especially after my meal arrived !

This is a great place to eat if you are really hungry but having lost half my chips and most of my peas off my plate and onto my lap and the table as I attempted to unearth my BBQ'd belly pork I felt totally daunted before I had even started.

The meal, when I was able to get to it, was good, the belly pork was very tender but there were two massive slices which were covered in BBQ sauce, chips, peas and salad - really not necessary. Mr JJT had beef bourguignon which was a slighly less generous portion and also very tasty. This is not fine dining and I am really glad we didn't bother with a first course. Sometimes less is more, I would have been more than satisfied with one of the really thick slices of pork, less than half the chips and what was the combined salad and peas all about - very 80's.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank JoJoTourist
London, England, United Kingdom
“Awful food, totally overpriced”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The plas was a total disappointment. The food is totally overpriced & I suspect microwaved judging by the poor quality and the scolding heat of the plates when they arrived at our table. The pork belly was like a lump of fat, it wasn't edible and I complained. The staff made me feel as though I was at fault that they'd served pork more reminiscent of fatty brisket. They hardly fell over themselves to apologise, however, the offending meal was removed from the bill without me having to ask which was a relief. My partner had a seafood platter which was clearly frozen goujons. Beneath the powdery batter, each seafood piece tasted the same as the last, hardly a platter of mixed as promised. The pudding wasn't much better, an unnecessarily hot and tasteless sponge with watery, pale custard served at 300 degrees centigrade.

I would strongly recommend anyone visiting this area to travel a mile or so down the road to The Ship Aground in Talsarnau. Coming from London we're used to having great food on the doorstep, so we were very pleased to find this place in a sleepy village in Wales. The food is fantastic, an extensive menu, all home cooked and perfectly executed. The pub is very homely and busy, testament to the high standard of food being offered.

6 Thank Ronnie B