Byrdir House
Ty Mawr Hotel(Llanbedr)
$106
$119
Very Good 4/5
Travelodge Porthmadog Hotel(Porthmadog)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Breakfast included
$154
Great 4.5/5
SeaBanks B&B(Criccieth)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Excellent 5/5
  • Beachfront
All reviewsoff street parkinggin and tonicb bandyhostciderbreakfastcastleaccommodationhouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We Stayed At Byrdir House During A Recent Visit To HarlecH. Andy Was Vey Accomodating, It Was Quite Chilly When We Arrived, And We Were All Chilled Through. Andy HappiLy Offered To Turn Up The Heat. The Room Was Generally Clean And ServiceablE. The Breakfast Was Incredible! Certainly The Best We Had During Our Holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Katieydid2
byrdir, Owner at Byrdir House, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the trouble to write your review. So pleased you enjoyed your stay especially your breakfast.

Regards
Andy

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I heard about Byrdir House from a friend who had stayed there. I must admit it was everything that I was looking for. The owner Andy was very welcoming, friendly and very helpful with information. The room was lovely, so clean and well maintained. In fact the whole building was cosy and homely - just what you want when your away from home. The parking was a blessing. Very safe and not on the main road like many other establishments. The breakfast in the morning was absolutley brilliant. Such a choice and so very well presented.
My husband loved the range of malts in the bar - which made his holiday
We will certainly return again as it was very well priced and so friendly which just made the holiday complete.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ziffty
byrdir, Owner at Byrdir House, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Hi

Thank you for your review; it makes all the hard work worthwhile when people appreciate your efforts.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Before coming here, we stayed in several places in wales that were nicer and offered better value for money. At Byrdir, the heating was operating on the evening that we arrived (14th. September 2012), but the following morning wasn't operative. We mentioned it to the proprietor, and he said he hadn't turned it on because he wasn't cold. He shrugged his shoulders when we said that we didn't feel warm. As a paying guest, it would be nice to have the option of turning the heating on or off, and not be at the mercy of someone else. On a more positive note, the breakfast was second to none and highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
byrdir, Owner at Byrdir House, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your breakfast, it is indeed just one of the reasons our guests regard their stay at Byrdir such outstanding value for money for their £37.50

Regarding the heating. We are all lucky enough to live in a country blessed with a mild and temperate climate which is one of the reasons why Wales is such a green and pleasant land to live in and to visit.

The reason the heating was on when you arrived was that it was, at 10c slightly chilly. The reason the heating was off the following morning was that when I started the preparation for breakfast at 6.00am the temperature was already 14c and rising, hardly cold and certainly not the sub-zero freeze you imply.

In my limited experience, I have only been here 10 years, one thing you can guarantee. Even in the middle of a heat wave, when the windows are wide open, the linen flung from the beds and guests asking for ice, there will always be someone who asks for the heating to be put on because they are cold. In the middle of January, when the icicles hang from the gutters and the central heating is losing the battle to heat the house much above freezing, someone will complain that it is to hot and can I turn the heating off.

What I actually said was that IT wasn’t cold, which at 14c it wasn’t. As the house is well over two hundred years old and within the boundaries of Snowdonia national park, we are not allowed to double glaze the property let alone install the insulation required to have each room supplied with its own heating system, we either heat the house or we don’t. So I have to make the decision as to turn the heating on or not.

If it’s cold I put it on, if it’s not cold I don’t.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Really warm welcome from first Email. Andy is fantastic and makes you very welcome. Nice rooms, lovely range of malts in the bar - try Penderyn ( the Welsh one ), and the full (English or Welsh) breakfast will keep you going all day. Exceptional value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank breyno6000

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, particularly that you found it such good value. I look forward to seeing you again at Byrdir.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just got back from our trip to Harlech, and me and my family had a great time. But what made it better was always having a nice place to go back to, at the end of the day. Andy made us so welcome at the Byrdir. Me, my wife and my two boys had a lovely time, and would stop there again. The brekkie was excellent, and if you love a drop of malt, then andy's bar is heaven! Cheers Andy for a great stay, n.cooper birmingham.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank neil c

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to have two such nice young boys staying, tell them that their excellent drawing are often commented on by the other guests, I hope to see you all again