“A Special place”
Review of St Curig's Church

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Capel Curig
St Curig's Church
Ranked #1 of 6 Capel Curig B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A Special place”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

A great place. I visited St Curig's with family and friends. I new from the web site the place was different, but it was a real treat. It feels like your part of the family when you're there.

You can relax and please your self. All the staff are really friendly, the family even played music and sung, (quality).

I will definitely go again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ian H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Polish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a great place. Perfect location for Snowdon climbs. I doubt there is a closer hot tub to the top of Snowdon than the one at this church based B&B. I only hope I can return and stay here again. Breakfast was very good and coffee was equal to or better than I could make myself.

Kudos to Alice for putting together such a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Bunk room is open to the common area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

It isn't often that having booked a B & B, you are welcomed into the family and feel immediately at home! Our room at St Currigs was lovely. I've never slept in a four poster bed before and it was SO comfortable. We even had the stone pulpit on the wall. Delightful and quirky as this was, it was also impeccably clean and well appointed. The bathroom was modern and the hot water plentiful.
We took our breakfast in the large mezzanine kitchen on a well scrubbed pine table. We had a choice of the full cooked breakfast plus cereals and toast. All was perfectly cooked and delicious.
The main body of the church is a communal area which has sofas, wood burne, books and a pool table and was presided over by a glorious mosaic ceiling.
Having chats with Alice over breakfast made us feel like we were visiting old friends. I'd love to visit again and would recommend that anyone wishing to stay in the area try St Currigs first.
Altogether a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a four poster bed, it's an experience!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Doe L
London
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for two nights with a friend over the bank holiday weekend. The hotel is a converted church and looks amazing. The room was immaculately clean and had two really comfortable beds. The price was a bargain at 70 pounds per night for a shared room with my friend.

The service from the staff, especially Rita and Grace was 5-star and we were made to feel very welcome and looked after. The morning breakfast was a delicious fry-up but there was also the option of cereals and fruit. There was a real family feel to meal-times here and I really enjoyed my time there.

The hotel accepts pets and my dog had a great time and also got to meet the lambs and chickens outside.

The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from the local pub, with another a further 5 mins along the road. The Snowdon car park at Pen-y-Pass is about a 5 minute drive away but remember to arrive before 8:30am or you won't get a parking space at busy times.

In the evening we were invited to the local pub by the owners and staff and knocked back a few beers and wines whilst watching Hero, the daughter of the owners who is a genius harp player singer-song writer who will no doubt be world famous soon if there is any justice in the world.

Although the hotel is always very popular and incredibly well-run I should stress to both the owners and to guests that the staff should be treated with respect and dignity at all times.

Would definitely return and have been recommending St Curig's Church to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NigelTufnell
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was investigating places to stay in Capel Curig earlier in the year for an all too brief trip to Snowdonia in April and discovered this B and B.

Being housed in an old church it instantly aroused my curiosity so I booked a two night stay, eargerly anticipating lodgings in such ecclesiastical surroundings, and it was a decision well made.

We arrived mid afternoon after a brief visit to the nearby Betws Y Coed, keen to see what the former chapel had in store for us.

Upon a genial greeting from the hosts we entered, and the scene and room before us proved to be a most agreeable and striking setting.

We were standing in a very large room, which had a magnificent mosiac domed roof. Taking in the surroundings it was explained that this was an area for guests to lounge around in, there being the use of sofas, a television, snooker/pool table to use should we so desire. In this big open plan setting there was stairs leading to a second floor where we were to take our breakfast.

We were shown to our room, and it was of an extremely high standard. It had a beautiful four poster bed as the centre piece, and as a reminder of days gone by, a carved stone pulpit hung proudly, leading one to imagine wind and rain swept Sunday evenings of bygone times, the congregation huddled together in this cosy chapel at the foot of the mountains, as the Pauline epistles echoed in their ears.

The bed was large and extremely comfortable and offered a great nights sleep in atmospheric and peaceful surroundings.

We awoke in the morning and took a shower to refresh ourselves for the day ahead, and i make a mention of it as it was exceptionally powerful, and a great way to rejuvanate for the hours ahead.

Breakfast was served in a lovely open plan kitchen/dining area, around a long wooden table which has seating for all the guests. To commence toast and cereals are on offer, then we opted for the cooked breakfast which was delicious.

The location of the accomodation could not be any better, situated a short distance from the Snowdon range, the Glyderau and the Carneddau. It is also overlooked by a personal favourite of mine, Moel Siabod, upon whose slopes I once spent a peculiar September morning, surrounded by low cloud, distant voices, the mournful tune of a lonesome sheep farmer and an unhinged bearded madman.

This is a great setting for a b and b. So many b and b's are the same, bland and insipid. This place is a welcome antidote and offers fantastic unique accomodation at very reasonable prices.

The hosts were friendly and accomodating, the breakfast delicious and plentiful, and the location and setting superb.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ogwen and it was marvelous
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard G
Bicester
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Thought I'd take the new fiancee away for a couple of days and this place seemed to have enough unusual features and activities to entertain ourselves with. The staff were all friendly and eager to help. Managed to hear Hero playing the harp which was a great bonus. Also managed to get some time in the hot tub which was just what the doctor ordered after time spent out visiting surrounding towns. Scenery excellent and pubs within walking distance. Got some time playing pool which was good preparation for the Crucible in April. The breakfast was top notch and after some tough testing I can confirm there was NO horse DNA in the bacon, in fact it looked like it had been sourced from your local butcher and not the standard supermarket given the quality and breakfast overall was very tasty indeed. Another point to note was that I suffer from pet allergies and had brought some antihistamines as a precaution, however I can say right now I did not get so much as a sniff, the internal areas for guests are kept largely separate from the house pets but even after patting the various animals I didn't have any issue. No dander to speak of as far as we could see. Brilliant!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jonnynobby
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The place was stunning and the hospitality was wonderful. I was disappointed in the cleanliness of some of the areas as there was quite a bit of cat and dog fur as well as dust in the area. That would not have bothered me but i have allergies to pet dander. Our room was warm and comfortable. the breakfast was amazing. I would raise my rating if a little more attention was paid to cleaning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel
The Gwydyr Hotel
The Gwydyr Hotel
#5 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed

Been to St Curig's Church? Share your experiences!