“milynda2”
Review of St Curig's Church

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Capel Curig
St Curig's Church
Ranked #1 of 6 Capel Curig B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The place was stunning and the hospitality was wonderful. I was disappointed in the cleanliness of some of the areas as there was quite a bit of cat and dog fur as well as dust in the area. That would not have bothered me but i have allergies to pet dander. Our room was warm and comfortable. the breakfast was amazing. I would raise my rating if a little more attention was paid to cleaning.

3  Thank milynda2

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at St. Curig's Church at the start of 2013.

Easy to find, being located on the A5 though did slightly over-shoot the entrance in the dark. The village is a little confusing as it seems to be spread along the A5 with a mix of 30mph and national speed limits! If you get to the village shop you have gone too far!

Stunning building which has been lovingly converted in to a warm and welcoming B&B. If you are looking for somewhere with character you won't beat the church.

Treated to tip top service and excellent breakfasts the whole family (3 generations & the dog) really enjoyed their stay. Ideal location for exploring some of the beautiful walks north Wales has to offer. The team at the church were on hand to suggest good walks and places to visit as well recommending places to eat.

Capel Curig has 3 pubs which each have their own style and niche. We were lucky enough to have an evening meal at the nearest pub which offered superb food in good surroundings.

The church offers a mix of room styles including a bunk room. We were in a single room with en-suite and a double room with 4 poster & en-suite.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Hot tub available with prior booking & or season. It's North Wales - be prepared for the we...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at St Curig's Church over New Years Eve 2012.
The hospitality was impeccable and the building itself a real gem. The location was amazing and I am so pleased we battled through the rain to get there.
Our room was warm, cosy and comfortable with great facilities and a lovely bathroom.
Breakfast was really yummy with various choices and served with a smile.
All in all a wonderful visit which we will make again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tabitha1984
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here over the New Year period in one of the cosy ensuite rooms rather than the bunk room. It is a fabulous place, very beautiful, warm and friendly. The room was lovely, with a stunning four poster bed and a well-appointed bathroom with what seemed to be unlimited hot water. Having stayed at many b and bs where there is never enough water for a bath it was just fantastic to have so much on tap! Breakfasts were consistently delicious and plentiful, and set us up for the wonderful walks from the door! The location is perfect. The whole experience was terrific, and also, though not a major concern, I'd stress that the place is excellent value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ithacan5
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at St Curig for one night in early November with my fiance along with some family, celebrating my uncles 60th birthday.

The B&B is quite unusual, being set in a converted Church. We all loved it! Alice, together with her family and staff, were very welcoming and friendly. The cooked breakfast was well prepared and the perfect start to our day up Snowdown.

The room myself, my fiance and our cocker spaniel Frank shared had a large comfortable bed, sofa and TV with Sky (not that we used the TV!). The room also had a lovely open fire, which was just what we needed after a cold wet day up Snowdon!.

I'd happily recommend St Curig's and look forward to returning again some day.

P.S. Also worth mentioning that the Bryn Tyrch just down the road does some excellent food. We very much enjoyed eating there on the Saturday night, where our dogs were also welcome.

Room Tip: I think our room was called Snowdon. It had a lovely living flame fire, a nice big bed and a sofa (i...
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My son is staying at the Church B & B right now, this is his third time, we have stayed twice before, and each and every time it has been an amazing experience. From the warm welcome, great location, valuable advice, wonderful food, friendly staff and pets, great value for money to the most fabulous memories of Snowdonia and the surrounding areas. What the other reviewer missed by not visiting St Curigs Church should be regarded as a huge mistake, his and his families loss!. I would highly recommend a visit, it is like no other B & B I have experienced, one we as a family will return to again and again.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

spent a very happy (if unconventional) 60th birthday at the church along with my nephews and their partners. We spent the days walking in Snowdonia and the evenings in the local pub after a very welcome hot bath.
The owner, family and staff were very welcoming and nothing seemed too much trouble. The breakfast was particularly nice in the open plan kitchen. The church is unique and my party were particularly impressed with the four poster bed.
The church is an ideal base for a Snowdonia walking holiday and I will definitely be going back.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to St Curig's Church? Share your experiences!