“Fantastic Mini Break for my Birthday”
Review of Bryn Tyrch Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Capel Curig
Bryn Tyrch Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Capel Curig
Eastham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Mini Break for my Birthday”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My Husband Booked a mini break here for my birthday in March. Room was superb with spacious bedroom, separate living area and bathroom - all very clean and modern. Location is amazing for Bestws y Coed, snowdonia and for walks in the area. Us not being keen walkers spent the Saturday night in the bar drinking local ales and wine - along with a fantastic meal in the restaurant (atmosphere great) staff are very friendly and offer a great service! We also had Sunday lunch can recommend the lamb or the beef - Yorkshire puddings were the best :) We will most certainly be back and would recommend to all .....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
West Sussex
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Bryn Tyrch Inn is truly a lovely place to stay. From the moment we arrived we were treated to the highest level of hospitality. Rachel and her team seem to have got the balance just about right – warm, friendly and attentive without being over-familiar, highly professional and courteous while remaining approachable.

Our party of four male fifty-somethings stayed for two nights in rooms 4 and 5, making full use of all the facilities available. We loved the food, beer was great – they have a superb selection of local real ales – and the atmosphere in the bar/dining area was terrific with walkers of all ages exchanging stories, tips and advice. It was encouraging to see clientele from other nearby accommodation making Bryn Tyrch their preferred choice for food and drink.

Our rooms at the front of the building were of a good standard and I am sure the views would have been lovely if it were not for the incessant rain – did I mention we made good use of the drying room? Yes, there is some traffic noise at the front but to be fair, we were so tired from all our walking we barely noticed it – did I mention the beer was great?

The pros? just about everything. The cons? hard pushed to find any to be fair. I was going to mention it would have been lovely to have had a biscuit with my morning tea in the room, but the other three told me not to be so pedantic so I won’t – oops :)

We love Snowdonia. We visit as often as we can, and when we do we will always try and book Bryn Tyrch. Can you take this as a recommendation? – most definitely!

Room Tip: Rooms 4 and 5 are at the front nearest the road so light sleepers may wish to avoid
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Luxor, Egypt
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Firstly, if location is a priority, the Bryn Tyrch is in an idyllic and convenient location for anyone wanting to walk or visit the Snowdonia National Park. It has views to die for, there are many excellent walks from the door, Snowdon itself is a stunningly beautiful 10 minute drive away, and Capel Curig (just 5 miles from Betws Y Coed) is a lovely little place that has a well-stocked village shop, outdoor clothing outlets, several cafes and a host of other amenities.

I spent 4 nights here at the end of March - there was still snow on the mountains and it was pretty cold outside, but it was lovely & warm throughout my stay at the Bryn Tyrch. There was always a real fire lit in the bar, too, which was so cheering and is extremely rare to find these days.

I stayed in Room 5, which had a spacious modern en suite shower room, was stylishly decorated and I loved the stunning feature stone wall which gave it a rustic country feel. I had a great welcome on arrival (everyone was friendly throughout my stay) and when I opened the curtains in the morning the view directly over snow-dusted mountains actually took my breath away. The bed was comfortable and I had everything I needed for the perfect stay - and (very important to me) it was QUIET, I enjoyed a blissful night's sleep every night...no noise from other rooms, no creaky floorboards, just peace, peace, peace...which is what I had come away for.

Breakfast is served informally in the cosy lounge bar, and was either buffet-style or cooked to order when fewer guests were staying - both were delicious and I was offered a very hearty vegetarian alternative when I said I didn't eat meat. What is hard to describe here is the experience of enjoying that breakfast with a magnificent view of the whole Snowdon Horseshoe, lightly covered in snow, sun shining, blue skies...unbeatable. I also ate a 2-course Sunday lunch during my stay, which was delicious, freshly cooked with quality ingredients, there was plenty of it, and was excellent value.

Rachel, the owner, is very often personally on hand to ensure her guests enjoy staying and dining at the Bryn Tyrch. She is passionate about good food, the menu is imaginative and she is tirelessly dedicated to offering something altogether more stylish, comfortable, relaxed and welcoming than is typical of the area. The Bryn Tyrch has raised the standard locally - it has a buzzy, eclectic, funky-gastro feel in the bar area but is never pretentious and it's perfectly ok to wander about or slouch by the fire in your walking gear...it is the ideal walkers' retreat in the perfect location.

Thanks to Rachel and all her lovely team for making me so welcome as a single guest, for a wonderful stay and some much-needed rest without any intrusion. Nothing was too much trouble and I left refreshed and uplifted. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Room 5 has a stunning view of the mountains and river.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Loser-of-Luxor
London
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed with a party of old school friends (all in our early 50s) to make an assault on the summit of Mount Snowdon, the highest mountain in England one of our party reliably informed us (to general disgust from anyone in the vicinity who happened to be Welsh, which was most people all around us). I'm happy to have come out of that one alive.

Anyway, the Bryn Tyrch Inn is wonderful. I had a very pleasant room with a deep bath in which I was able to soak away the pain in my entire being having failed miserably to reach Snowdon's summit in more than six hours of trying.

The food (especially breakfast) was mouth-wateringly good and the bar had just the perfect relaxing, convivial atmosphere for a bunch of old farts to sit around drinking beer and wine and pontificating on how rude young people are these days and we were never disrespectful to anyone ever.

I would definitely recommend Bryn Tyrch Inn and I am actually coming back in a couple of months to do it all again. As anyone who knows me well will tell you, I generally don't come twice anywhere so quickly these days. So it must be good, yeah? I'm even taking my other half with me this time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
North Wales
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We're local and pass the Bryn Tyrch Inn on a regular basis.

We popped in for some dinner.

First off, price is way too high both for portion size and quality. I think they are aiming for a haute cuisine dining experience but with a clientele who might prefer more substantial food.
Food was ok but nowhere near value for money.

Service was decent though it did feel as though those customers who were obviously staying in the hotel part were treated far better than we casual droppers in. Restaurant was also chilly. The open fire seemed to be reserved for those who wanted to slump on the sofa.

Unfortunately this is one of those places who due to the location and footfall of tourists and climbers will always be able to charge exactly what they like.

It's a shame.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
bryntyrch, Owner at Bryn Tyrch Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
HI many thanks for your response I have written to you personally to respond to your review

. We have since you visited re launched our menu offering and now offer a greater price range of menu selection and value for money portions with an increase on local produce and seasonal products We working on this prior to your visit but it was very useful that you highlighted this matter for us.

We are situated in the heart of The national park with little or no immediate surrounding houses and the life blood of our business is our hotel guests and walkers climbers and tourists this helps us to employ local people where we can and benefit local suppliers which is an active policy of the company to pursue The re-vamp of the menu was based on this. It is however our policy to try and treat everyone who walks through our door in the same way and we are sorry that you felt our guests took priority and I am happy to discuss this with you at any time as I have said in my private response and have also an offered of a re visit

yours sincerely
Rachel Roberts
Bryn Tyrch Inn
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

An enjoyable stay during our visit to climb Mt Snowdon (we could see it through the window whilst having breakfast). Good points: location, buffet/freshly cooked breakfast, quality of the room and very friendly staff.
Bad points: the risotto (texturally not good), toy hairdryer and a very low powered shower.
I'd eaten at the Bryn Tyrch a couple of times before and was impressed and although the meal I ate didn't live up to those expectations on this occasion, we'd definitely return when visiting the area again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Once again fantastic hospitality all round. Everything in this special pub and b&b is great. The rooms are four star hotel standard, the food has a good range of local produce mixed with international dishes, three super real ales and a cosy fire. Oh, and mountains at the doorstep!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
#5 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed
Penmaenuchaf Hall
Penmaenuchaf Hall
#1 of 1 in Penmaenpool

Been to Bryn Tyrch Inn? Share your experiences!