“Nice friendly hotel”
Review of Tyn-Y-Coed Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Capel Curig
Tyn-Y-Coed Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Capel Curig B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Nice friendly hotel”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights over the bank holiday weekend. Think the sun must have been ordered especially as the weather was beautiful. Rooms small but perfectly adequate with modern furniture and a very nice bathroom. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was good and obviously well known as the bar was packed both nights. Would definately return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 84Anon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Tyn Y Coed several times over the last 30 years.A couple of decades ago my new bride and I spent a couple days here on our honeymoon before going on to Paris and Switzerland.I have always found the locale to be a pleasant place to stay with comfortable amenities and close proximity to the popular mountain trails and peaks that we came to enjoy.Honestly, it was a favorite of mine.
However that is now changed.I just returned to the States after spending time in my beloved Snowdonia peaks and staying at the Tyn Y Coed for 3 nights,August 8th,9th and 10th.With me was my wife and daughter.This was in part a graduation present for my daughter and an opportunity to introduce this all American girl to Snowdonia where I had spent so many summers camping and climbing,and to show her my birthplace and my parents grave site in Caernarfon,just 20 miles away.
On the first night after we checked in,we locked our room doors and went down to the bar for dinner and drinks.We left the TV on in both locked bedrooms.Whilst we were downstairs for a timeperiod of approximately 2 hours we had the sum of 500 Pounds sterling taken from a wallet that was cached in a compartment inside the back support pad of one of our backpacks.The money was contained in a valise that also had over a Thousand Euros and several hundred US Dollars present.Only the Pounds Sterling were stolen.The thief then latched an eye and hook mechanism together inside the pack which we had never used before,choosing to seal with the internal velcrow system only.(That was one of the first indications that I had that the pack had been tampered with.).
When we reported the loss to an employee who identified himself as a "Manager",he stated that he was unbelieving of the event and that it was essentially a mistake of ours,or the funds would turn up somewhere else that we had misplaced them.But he added an interesting remark that left me concerned,he stated,"I could understand something like this happening downstairs,but not with the upstairs staff."He then left us to go back working behind the bar and helping out with other diners.
When we checked out on the final day we were greeted by one of the Hotel owners who enquired how our stay had been?When we informed her of the theft,she was totally surprised at the news because no one had informed her, or any other person in control of the facility, about the event.She was sympathetic and stated she would make further enquiries after we had left.We provided her with our address and contact numbers in the United States.
I am saddened about this experience on many levels,perhaps more so because of the lost of trust and security in a place that once generated fond memories for me and many of my friends.The money can eventually be replaced but the stain at the Tyn Y Coed will last the remainder of my life.I have found it truly ironic that after travelling around the world several times,I had to come home to 20 miles from the house I was born in to get robbed?.
No I cannot recommend the Tyn Y Coed to you travelers out there,I am so sorry that I have now to tell you this.Please find alternative accommodation in beautiful Snowdonia.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Eammonn D
Ruislip, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed for seven nights. The staff are friendly, the room we stayed in was fine if a little small with no wardrobe.
Breakfast was excellent, with as many choices as you could wish for.
My only small complaint is that their website states that each room has a data socket, ours room 8 didn't and our friends in room 7 didn't either. Wifi was available in the lobby and some parts of the bar area.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, and will return in the future. Just another small note, the bar food in the evening is also very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Claretsman
west lancs
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have just returned having a great weekend here. The hotel really has the best of both worlds a nice hotel part and a great pub, the staff are really helpful and pleasant nothing was too much trouble, its got a good sellection of real ales which I tried each one and the purple moose was my particular fave ...my only gripe would be the absence of sparklers on the real ales I like a nice creamy top on my beer and this is not achievable without one, maybe if you were given an option with or without would be a good idea . The room we had was lovely with a nice view of moel siabod. Food was really nice too and the sausage and homemade burger delicious as was the breakfast using local produce including the gorgeous orange marmalade from the local W.I. !! This hotel is ideally situated for great walks and for the more adventurous mountain climbers... just wish we were back there having a cold beer sat outside with the spectacular mountain view!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Well, just got back from a few days in sunny (Yes Sunny!) Wales. This was our third visit to the Tyn-Y-Coed and our thanks go to George his wife & their great staff for making us feel very welcome. Rooms brilliant, breakfast divine (love those snorkers!!) and of course food & ale (and whisky) all of an excellent standard. If you are reading this & trying to decide where to stay.....look no further you have found it.
Look forward to our return.
Thanks again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were staying in a cottage nearby and came across Tyn-Y- Coed quite by chance .... what a find! The hospitality was fantastic; as was the food and Purple Moose ale. On both our visits we, and especially our son, were made to feel really special and we will definitely be returning. If you're in the area, you would be CRAZY not to visit for a meal and a drink. Thanks for making our holiday so brilliant and complete!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Shortly after we arrived the land lady learned that we had missed the bus, which was due to take us to the start of a planned walk, so she offered to drive us there. That is what I call genuinely good service. During the evening I wanted to know about the days events at the Tour de France, so she brought her lap top down to the bar.
The room was modern and very comfortable. The food was hearty and delicious. The cozy but spacious bar provided a good selection of well kept real ales. All of the staff were friendly and efficient.
will definitely return

The Meadowsweet Hotel
The Meadowsweet Hotel
#1 of 3 in Llanrwst
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia

Been to Tyn-Y-Coed Hotel? Share your experiences!