“Thank you Jayne and George!”
Review of Tyn-Y-Coed Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Capel Curig
Tyn-Y-Coed Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Capel Curig B&B and Inns
Harpenden, United Kingdom
“Thank you Jayne and George!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The accommodation was clean and comfortable and the staff made us extremely welcome. We were the back up for a group of walkers referred to in "very friendly owners, that went the extra mile". In addition to rescuing the evening meal, as a group we ate in the restaurant before the team set off to camp overnight on Snowdon -the food and service was excellent and Jayne and George made everyone feel at home.Nothing appeared to be too much trouble for them.

Thank you Jayne, George and team Tyn-Y-Coed.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2012

On an organised school/parents walking/camping trip to Snowdonia we were lucky enough to have several encounters with Tyn - Y- Coed Inn. The proprietors George and Jane made us feel most welcome and the meals were spot on. When through bad weather we were forced to cancel our camping plans, Jane rang around and beds were sorted for over 20 of us. In the meantime she dried our wet gear and generally fussed around us at a time when we had been on the go for 12 hours - what a trojan. The rest of the gang can take cedit too as this was clearly a team effort.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Characterful hotel with very friendly and pleasant service. The food is good and the real ale well kept.

Room Tip: At the rear is quieter
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
london
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I have been struggling to find somewhere with a decent range of vegetarian food an came across Tyn-y-Coed Inns website and menu. It looked great so I went there on a Monday evening. The guy behind the bar was completely disinterested and made no effort to help me when I asked if I should just sit down. The waitress was a bit better but the food was very overpriced. I ordered a starter listed as "humous with crusty bread" and was presented with a small bowl of humous and 1 piece of a sliced white loaf with butter. This cost £4.25!! There was a tiny salad with it but it felt like a complete rip off. I was given more bread when I asked but sliced white can hardly be called crusty. The main was better and a decent portion but I would expect that for over £10. All in all rather underwhelming. Staff appear very bored and that Dosent make for a very nice atmosphere. Maybe it's because it was quiet but that's not my fault.

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank kaleona
Bournemouth
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend with 25 others from Bournemouth - we booked all the rooms and everyone was very happy with the very comfortable accommodation, great food and first class service. The packed lunches we ordered were all ready for us after breakfast and we were given our own bar/dining room in the evening. The food was excellent and all the staff were very helpful and courteous. I will definitely be returning to the Tyn-Y-Coed!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2011

What a great place - come here after a day on the hills and have some fantastic carbs in solid and liquid form, and leffe on tap!

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank SherpaP
UK
Reviewed July 18, 2011

They cater for special diets, although there although the menu had gluten free options it was complicated to understand. Also there weren't that many things I could have because I need my food plain as well as GF due to other allergies, so only ate there a few nights. The rooms all look great on the website, but it was my bathroom that was the problem - IMHO it needs a refurb - I wouldn't book one of the cheapest rooms again.

Room Tip: In the cheapest rooms at the back, my bathroom was old and damaged with a not-very-powerful over-bat...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed
Ty Gwyn Hotel
Ty Gwyn Hotel
#1 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed

Been to Tyn-Y-Coed Hotel? Share your experiences!