“A lovely location”
Review of Pen-y-Bryn

Pen-y-Bryn
Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
st. asaph
“A lovely location”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have always been supporters of The Brunning and Price chain and believe it is now part of a larger group. The location of The Pen Y Bryn makes it a favourite to us, an although we visited recently we found the food a little below standard to which we have had there in the past, however we did visit at a very busy period and the staff eventually found us a table where other establishments may have found it easier to turn us away. All in all good food, great staff and a lovely evening out. We will be back.

• Visited February 2014

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Wales, United Kingdom
“Brief visit but so well worth it”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Having been out all day with a good friend we decided to finish the day with a meal, my friend has frequently eaten at the Pen-y-Bryn having worked locally, but this was my first visit. We were lucky to he a table for two at this obviously popular location as nearly all the tables were reserved. The young lady who took our drinks order and sorted our table, was as with all the staff polite efficient and friendly. Our orders were taken quickly and table laid. Our food arrived in good time and was delicious, my friend had the liver which she said was superb and I had the cod with Welsh rabbit topping beautiful fresh and very well presented. Our quick visit was well worth it fantastic staff and some of the best food I have eaten for a while I look forward to a return visit.

1 Thank Tamara G
A TripAdvisor Member
“Family celebration”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Food fab. Service fab. Price got what we paid for. Only comment is the heating was on too high but when we told waitress she immediately opened windows ( think she was relieved too) clientele great too. Was bit worried cause we had a very fussy 70 year old to please ..never seen him smile so much! Thanks pen y bryn

Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Welsh Lamb at it's best”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We have been to this restaurant on several occassions and the food has always been excellent. Since we were on business and meeting a client, the obvious place was this 'Michelin star Pub'.

Over the years it has changed hands from being a Golf Club Restaurant to what it is today, I have been eating here for the last 26 years and it has changed hands several times over the years. These owners are one of the better one's for food.

The place was nearly full for a Friday Lunch time at 1.15pm. Our ciient had aready reserved a table next to the massive open fire with it's wooden logs burning brightly. Excellent for a chilly, windy hill top setting.

I ordered my usaual, the slow-cooked shoulder lamb- £16.95. It tasted gorgeous, especially the fatty part's. My wife does not normally allow me to eat this due to 'healthy' eating.

Our client ordered the 8-oz Steak Burger meal with Bacon and Chips-£11.95. He seemed to absolutely enjoy it.

My wife ordered Tera-yaki Prawn Noodles-£7.95, a little biit dissapointed-. Nothing special just like from local Chinese takeaway Prawn Chow Mein Dish.

It's a great place to eat and easy to park in it's generous size car park. The restaurant has a rustic style furnishing and atmosphere. If you like to see the views of Colwyn Bay and Llududno fro a window, then this is the place to come.

The price is a litte bit more expensive than your average Pub, but you get what you pay for.

Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“A GREAT PLACE TO EAT & DRINK”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is our local pub/restaurant so I guess this review may be a little biased! The food is always good and plentiful, although prices may be considered a little on the high side compared with other pubs/restaurants down in the town. This really is a lovely warm and welcoming pub/restaurant, with real coal fires and a great atmosphere - in all an ideal place to eat and drink.

1 Thank Lizzie551979