“Great place - Wonderful location”

Pen-y-Bryn Pub Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Whilst on holiday in Anglesey we took a friend who lives close to the Pen-Y-Bryn to lunch. There is a good and varied menu and the food that we chose was very good was very good. The location of this pub is one of the best for this pub group and as always the staff are very friendly and attentive.

Drinks are slightly on the expensive side - but the wine that I had was definitely worth it.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We go to the Pen y Bryn quite often and usually have a good meal but the time before last my husband ordered steak which was tough & when asked if everything was ok my husband did comment on the steak. We were pleasantly surprised when we were not charged for his meal. We went again this week and both had a lovely meal with nice staff & the place was full with all tables reserved. Cost is a little expensive but overall a nice experience

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I had the belly pork which looked as though it had been torn into portions, which were far to small to charge around 13 pounds for, I payed £3.50 for a small bowl of bought in chips. My friends Birdseye burger wasn't much to brag about either. The only upside was the pleasant staff, she told me the she a waitress even questioned the size of the pork as it was on the pass. Huge disappointment as I used to love this place, a free pint just doesn't cover it. Don't know when brunning and price took this over but I suggest getting the old chef back.

2  Thank Critic212
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I called in to the Pen y Bryn yesterday evening on our way home from a shopping trip. Although it was quite early the place was welcoming and after ordering drinks at the bar and obtaining a menu we sat down and were soon looked after by a member of staff who took our order. We both asked for rump steak but without the peppercorn sauce which was described on the menu. The waitress returned to kindly ask if, as we did not want the peppercorn sauce, we would like anything else with the steak and offered garlic butter which we decided to accept. We were so pleased that we did as it was absolutely delicious. Both the restaurant and the staff were friendly and warm and we will have no hesitation in returning as soon as we can.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were on holiday and visited this restaurant, large areas inside and a very good size garden. Food was one of the best meals I've had any where. Plenty of staff and all friendly.