“Couldn't be happier.”

Ranked #1 of 10 Colwyn Bay B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Couldn't be happier.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just got back from a long stay here and I could not have been luckier. I was involved in a 4 week placement at the nearby Welsh Mountain Zoo, and after my planned accommodation fell through, I had to search for a hotel 2 weeks before I was due to start. I was extremely lucky to hear back from Mike and Leslie saying they could offer me 4 weeks worth of accommodation for £20 per night, discounted as I was a student staying for long. Given this was during peak season, I was quick to snap it up.

The room was basic but clean and had a double bed, sink, tv, kettle with tea, coffee, sugar etc. The window was directly facing a block of flats but I still had a lovely view of the sea. It was a shared bathroom, but as most of the other rooms on the floor where en suite, there was never a problem to get into the bathroom. There was also another bathroom and separate toilet on the second floor. The bathrooms were newly decorated so looked modern and spotlessly clean.

Mike and Leslie are a friendly and warm couple that made me feel welcome, and always stopped to chat when I came home from work of a night. They allowed me to use the breakfast kitchen, so I could store food in the fridge, and get any cutlery or crockery I needed. They were also nice enough allow me to leave some of my stuff in my room when I went home of a weekend.

The hotel is adjacent to the beach and 5 minutes walk to the train station (where there is a zoo bus that takes you to the zoo for free). I found lovely a Chinese takeaway nearby, as well as a shopping precinct with a Morrisons, Costa and Iceland.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again as Mike and Leslie made me feel welcome and it is a lovely short break destination.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in August with my wife. Everything about this place is great. Clean, large room, comfortable bed, lovely breakfast, friendly host & perfect location. Next time I am looking for a B & B in North Wales this will be the 1st place I check for availability.
Many thanks to Mike & Leslie.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights, lovely friendly hosts, very accommodating and informative. The place is nice and clean and some of the rooms have been updated, Breakfast was plentiful and hot. Location was just off the sea front, lovely pub called The Toad just around the corner, serving good food. Not far from Mount Snowdon, Electric mountain, zoo and Zipworld which I would recommend doing! We squeezed a lot into our 3 days! Look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Would just like to say can't recommend a stay here highly enough, lovely room, lovely hosts, gorgeous breakfast. we stayed in room 8 which was beautiful, spacious, light and airy my daughter thought the room had been decorated especially for her in the shades of purple, bed very comfy, the shared bathroom was beautifully decorated and certainly did not feel like we shared it with anyone! perfect location and a delightful stroll along the prom of an evening is a must and the sound of the sea lulled you to sleep, would definitely stay again, when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oldbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at the Colbourn Hotel for just 1 night July 2013.

The hotel was lovely, clean and had recently been done up. We stayed in room 8 and we had 2 adults and 2 children. We were given a double and single bed and a pull out bed. The room was lovely, spacious and clean. We had a shared bathroom but encountered no problems with uncleanliness, or waiting. It was like we had to ourself.

We were surprised at breakfast as to how many guests there were staying as we never heard anyone and guessed we were the only guests. Breakfast was good too.

The hotel is positioned over the road from the beautiful beach and a 5 minute walk into the town centre.

We had glorious weather and the beach was lovely and clean.

On Sunday we visited Llandudno! A bigger town with loads for the kids to do. A must!

We will deffinatly be staying here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our third stay with Mike and Leslie at the colbourn , twice in room 8 + once in room 9 , both spacious well presented rooms .very friendly welcoming couple , breakfast is good , everything you need to set you up for the day . Great location and plenty of onroad parking .ideally located for exploring north Wales . Looking forward to our next visit !! . Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it . Sean +Rose

• Stayed July 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This victorianesque looking B&B was relatively cheap and was right next to the coast of Colwyn bay. Therefore I thought it was a wise choice to book it for a weekend stay for my girlfriend and I.

When we got there, we were greeted by a welcoming couple, who had a nice talk with us before and as we were took to our room, telling us about the local area. We were advised that if there was anything we needed at any point in the night, not to hesitate to ring the bell, which I thought was exceptional for a B&B type stay. The sleep was comfy and peaceful, the sense of welcoming helping to relax and rest.

When we woke up. We were offered a breakfast and consulted about any specific dietary needs, such as the need for wheat or gluten free.

This is an absolute steal for a nice getaway to North Wales. The only negative, was leaving.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
#3 of 10 in Colwyn Bay
West Point Hotel
West Point Hotel
#4 of 10 in Colwyn Bay

Been to The Colbourn Hotel B&B? Share your experiences!