“Just great was hungry and got FAB Bacon Egg and Sausage Muffin with very nice Coffee served with a smile”
Review of Muffins

Muffins
Ranked #27 of 83 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Preston
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Can recommend this Cafe for anybody looking for great food either on the go or eat in Great Choice, Really Tasty and very good value. Served with a smile too

• Visited August 2014

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Always great”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I regularly come here for my lunch. They know me by name, which is a great little touch. Large variety of options to choose from and never had a problem. Good value too.

Visited May 2014
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Love the noodles...”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've worked in Colwyn Bay for a few years now and walk past Muffins at least twice a day during the week. Until recently I'd never set foot inside the shop though, mainly because we have an office microwave so I can make myself soup or beans on toast for lunch. However when a colleague from another office visited for a meeting and needed to buy some lunch I decided to go with them for a walk. While my colleague was buying a butty I noticed the noodle bar where someone was having their lunch cooked. It looked and smelled fantastic so I shelved my plans of beans on toast in favour of a box of noodles.

The noodles are freshly cooked to order and you can have chilli and/or garlic added to suit your taste. I opted for a reasonable amount of chilli which really added to the flavour. The noodles were mixed with bean sprouts, spring onions and a fair helping of chicken and then sprinkled with sesame seeds. The net result was the tastiest lunch I've had for ages, as soon as I'd finished it I could have eaten the whole lot again! At £3.99 it wasn't all that cheap (at least compared to my normal "home made" beans on toast) but compared to what you'd pay in a Chinese takeaway it was good value. I'm sure I'll be back, maybe not every day but Muffins is now my go to place for an occasional treat. Incidentally my colleague said that their bap was the biggest they'd ever seen - but had no difficulty in polishing it off.

I also noticed that they sell the legendary Cadwgan Bakery lemon buns. The bakery itself is in Old Colwyn so it's bit too far away to get to during my lunch break so it's good know that these buns are available in a much more convenient location.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ArthurBrainCell
“Delicious food, friendly service!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff who gave us the time to browse. Good menu with plenty to choose from. Hot bap was delicious as was the veggie wra. My 4 year old son was particularly taken with the very large slice of cake!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Vicster81
“Nice large baps.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The muffins at Muffins are large, tasty and filling. Staff are friendly and a bit zany, and prices are fair. I can't comment on atmosphere or seating because I only popped in for a couple of sandwiches. Just like Arnold though: I'll be back.

• Visited September 2012