“Horrible food, coffee and bad staff”
Review of Eateasy Restaurant

Eateasy Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 84 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The atmosphere to begin with is not the most ideal. The inside is just another reminder that you are in a town dedicated to the elderly, so this place is really no different. A friend of mine and I decided to have ourselves a coffee and some ice cream and were sorely disappointed with both. To start, the waitresses seemed in a rush - so when we were telling them what we wanted, they would start to walk away in a hurry before we'd finished ordering, more than once. The coffee was horrible - both my espresso and my friend's cappuccino (not that I expect much from British coffee - please take no offense to those of you reading this who are British!); The ice cream was a sad representation of ice cream, and I thought it would be good considering we ordered a chocolate sundae to split. We had about 1/4 of the thing and let the rest sit on the table to melt after we paid. What a waste of money and high expectations.

The inside was hot, with no air conditioning, rather dark without any windows, just the front door open to bring in the sun, and once again I can't say enough bad things about the food. All in all, I would NOT recommend this place.

6  Thank Euroerican
Yvonne H, Owner at Eateasy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I'm really sorry that you seemed to have such a bad experience at the Cafe. Firstly I must stipulate that we value our customers, whether they are old or young and I find it disrespectful that you seem to judge the atmosphere of a cafe based on the age group of the customers!! Our waiteresses/waiter are almost always rushed off their feet as we are a busy cafe, (surely a testiment to our success?) The sundae you had does look a little pitiful (from your photo) and I must apologise for this however I feel to quote "I can't say enough bad things about the food" based on a £3.15 sundae is a little extreme and quite unfair. I'm unsure why you had such high expectations based on the prices of our desserts, I could perhaps understand if you were paying £2 or £3 more. And finally I would also like to point out that the cafe does have windows which is clear from the photograph you took of the outside (which again clearly represents how busy we are judging by the full tables) so I would prefer that you only give a fair opinion and not a misrepresentation

There are newer reviews for Eateasy Restaurant

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great value for money,Food is yummy!!
All staff are very friendly and welcoming,Best Coffee in town.
Great friendly atmosphere!!

1  Thank marianne1952336
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've been to the Eateasy on a number of occasions and it has never disappointed. It has a menu full of variety with a wide choice of snacks and meals, all reasonably priced. The service is friendly and efficient, a credit to the management. On the whole, Eateasy is what it is - yes the decor is a little dated but who cares? The atmosphere and great food more than make up for this. Well done for being the best day time cafe in Colwyn Bay!

1  Thank mwryland21
Reviewed June 28, 2013

What can I say, I travel 400 miles for one of their cheeseburgers so that must tell you how good they are. You'll not leave this restaurant hungry, there is something for everyone on the menu. Never change guys.

1  Thank TazHugs
Reviewed June 16, 2013

been comming here for years staff very fiendly, and efficient will subside meals to suit customer(i know cos am always changing something)!! coffee lovely, meals very reasonally priced if you want friendly staff and a scrummy meal then this is the place for you!

1  Thank Sharon D