“Good for a Wetherspoons”
Review of The Picture House

The Picture House
Ranked #26 of 83 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Barnsley
“Good for a Wetherspoons”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We called in here for a meal whilst on holiday in Wales in September. I wouldn't usually go to a Wetherspoons thanks to so many bad experiences of their food but we chanced it and we weren't left disappointed.

We had mains with some sides which all arrived hot and fresh looking. I had gammon which was very tasty and it appeared that whoever was plating the meals had decided to give me a portion of what seemed like a million peas - but rather too many than not enough. My better half had the mixed grill which I'm informed was very nice and as good as those at places like our local Sizzling or Marstons pub.

The pub itself - converted from an old cinema - has a curious layout but it's an interesting and very attractive building inside. Toilets are a bit awkward to get to but nothing too challenging. The pub did smell a bit beer-y when we first got there and the bar area seemed to be full of relatively hardcore daytime drinkers. However I can't complain about the meal and given the price point of Wetherspoons pubs it's pretty much a case of getting what you pay for.

If we were in the area then I'd call again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank lavabubble

Kinmel Bay, United Kingdom
“Nice Meal”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went to Wetherspoons in Colwyn Bay for a bite to eat on curry night and it was pretty good. The staff were lovely, the tables were all clean and the food was very acceptable.

Hubby (who is not a fan of eating at this type of pub) said his curry was lovely and so piping hot he could hardly eat it, praise indeed!.

My steak was nicely cooked and tender.

A very enjoyable and well priced evening.

• Visited October 2013
Washington, United Kingdom
“Basic pub grub”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The pub is lovely on the inside. It's very atmospheric and the toilets are clean. The food arrived quickly and was basic but tasty. We visited for dinner on Saturday night and breakfast on Sunday morning because we were staying locally. It's a chain pub with chain pub food and cheap prices. You get what you pay for. I will definitely come again when visiting the area because it doesn't break the bank and you can just relax without feeling rushed to leave.

North Wales
“A Team Leader a bit abrupt.(hinting at a T.A. review didnt help...oops)”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The female team leader on duty today had "Not Welcome" writ large on her face,so,this normally very friendly venue was not so nice due to her ATTITUDE.

Upon arrival at 1.20pm today,we met sluggish service at the bar,S L O W with a CAPITAL "S"!.
Three bar staff,two of whom seemed novices and,so,learning the ropes perhaps?,so a bit at sea it seemed,(one was operating,it seemed, at a Snail,s Pace.)The third,the Team leader,as I said,was not warm of welcome.I admit,I might have added fuel,by commenting to my friend,with me at the time,in ear shot of the bar staff,that it was sluggish service,and "One for a trip Adviser comment",I felt the mood become yet less mellow,if that were possible,behind the bar,or so it seemed.I work in customer service,I visit LOTS of Wetherspoon,s pubs,in various locations,we all have off days,But the customer is key to business,so,as my old teacher would have said in his report,if he was reviewing this visit I made,today,to that pub,In terms of attitude and speed of service,on this occasion"COULD DO BETTER!" .Hope its a blip.

• Visited October 2013
Rossendale, Lancashire
“Excellent food, value for money”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was an excellent value meal for us with our two sons, piping hot. Lovely surroundings an old picture house, the restaurant was packed out which was a good enough advertisement for us.
We didn't have long to wait for a table and the staff were helpful, pleasant and courteousness shall return when in Colwyn Bay.

• Visited September 2013