“A charming cottage - ideal for couples/small...”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Seaview Cottage

Seaview cottage front facade
Garden view from the bedroom Cottage terrace with romatic seaview with its own garden
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Seaview cottage front facade
Garden view from the bedroom
Cottage terrace with romatic seaview with its own garden
enjoy sunrise from the garden!
Your bedroom
Tennis court
High roll top bath and separate shower
lounge
single foldout bed and cot can be used in the bedroom
lounge with sofabed
play area
front driveway in May
Seaview from the tennis court
cottage in snow
garden view
lounge view to the sea
tennis court
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
AngB147
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A charming cottage - ideal for couples/small families”
Reviewed November 4, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We stayed in this property over the Halloween weekend. The owner was kind enough to be flexible with the dates and allowed us to stay Thu to Sun. The cottage is exactly how the photo's appear and is very well maintained. Although very close to the owners house, it never seemed obtrusive at all and we rarely saw the family (except to welcome us and say goodbye - there were even chocolates to great us on our arrival - a lovely touch) The cottage was warm and cosy and had all mod con's required. Sheungee asked me on our leave if there was anything they could improve upon to make her guests more comfortable; I couldn't think at the time, but perhaps a meat tray for the oven/casserole dish? (the oven itself was very effective/clean) Also, perhaps an extra dining plate - I think perhaps some got broke by other guests? (there were lot's of other plates, cups etc... & we made do with those) Apart from that, there isn't anything I could think of to improve the place. The Zoo, which is just down the road is well worth a visit - our 2 boy's loved it (esp the Penguins & Bears) My youngest even got to touch a snake - which he enjoyed. The road the house is upon could be better - very bumpy/rough - but the area is a developing one and this may be planned for the future. All in all, we have come back with some very fond memories - Thank you Seunghee.

Liked best: Well maintained - a very charming property
Liked least: The bumpy Road
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
WrexhamSu...
Wrexham
“Charming little house with a lovely view of the sea.”
Reviewed October 11, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Strawberry Mill is perfect for a couple not ideal for us as we had a baby with us and living room was open to the stairs and bedroom.
We made the best of it though and really enjoyed the stay. Really well located close to all the costal towns. Would stay here again when the little one is older.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Oct 22, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I wished you could use the linen chest (downstair) and babycot (upstair) to block the stair. However, you mentioned you still enjoyed the comfort and view from the house which was lovely. I wished to see you soon here.
Azim R
“Lovely Cottage”
Reviewed September 14, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

After staying in Strawberry Mill for a week at the of August 2014, we were left with very fond memories of the cottage and North Wales. It is a beautiful cottage which we found had a welcoming and homely feel. On arrival, the cottage was very clean and had clearly been well looked after. Basic essentials were all present and we were pleasantly surprised with the cottage.
We enjoyed being able to take a walk down to the promenade which is not too far from the cottage itself. Being close to other popular areas, such as, Conwy and Snowdonia was a bonus too! We never had to look far for somewhere to go to.
The owner, Seunghee, was very friendly and was lovely to talk to. We felt that she welcomed any of our feedback and was always looking for ways to improve – however, we could not think of anything that needed to be improved. We really enjoyed our stay at Strawberry Mill and would definitely recommend this cottage to others.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Joka04
“perfect location”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We stayed here with our two young children (6 and 18 months) for one week. On arrival there was a lovely home made chocolate cake for us and we were delighted with the cottage. Later we met the owner who was very welcoming and friendly. The owners live in a house which is very close to the cottage, however we came and went all week and never felt that our privacy was invaded at all.
Location is perfect. Everything is very close by, we actually ran out of days to visit everywhere! It is very quiet and peaceful, and there are lovely walks in the area too.
Cottage is cosy, but well kept and had most things we needed. The two things I felt is lacked (I fed this back to the owner before we left) was an outside or larger drying space for washing. With four of us we found it hard to dry our clothes on the rack provided and the weather was perfect for line drying had there been a line. We also struggled with keeping our stair loving 18 month old off the stairs. I suggested a stair gate for the top, we used the travel cot to block them but our daughter soon worked out how to push it out of the way. I appreciate not all families have small children but for us this was a problem. The bed was super comfortable, the bathroom was roomy and clean. The wifi is a little patchy in the cottage, but we kind of expected this to be the case.
overall we had a wonderful stay at this cottage, reading the guest books was lovely, knowing that so many had also enjoyed their stay here. We would love to return sometime, Wales is stunning!

Liked best: Location/views
Liked least: keeping our 18 month old off the stairs!
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Chappy221...
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Comfortable cottage good location for exploring.”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Strawberry Mill for 4 nights at the start of June with our Dog. The cottage is in good condition, comfortable and well stocked with everything you need. It is a great location for exploring Snowdonia and the north wales coast it was a 40min drive to Snowdon. Would highly recommend for anyone looking to stay in this part of the world. Great views of the bay and very considerate owner.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Hollie E
“Fantastic cottage”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I have just returned from Strawberry Mill after a lovely weekend with my mum. I could not fault this cottage or the owner. It was perfect, lovely location on top of the hill, extremely clean and spacious. Seunghee was the perfect hostess, gorgeous flowers and biscuits left for us on arrival. A wealth of information in the welcome books and lots of brochures for everything you could think of. The main bed upstairs is very comfortable as is the sofa bed. The house is well equipped with everything you could need. Wifi easy to access. The main house is quite close but didn't bother us in the slightest, the family are very quiet. There are nice walks if you don't mind hills and some beautiful views. Very peaceful and all the residents are all very friendly. Very relaxing break and looking forward to returning. We cannot thank Seunghee and her family enough for letting us stay in this beautiful cottage.

Liked best: the location
Liked least: weather
Traveling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
May 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your visit. It was great to see you both enjoyed here even coming without a car. You said you relaxed whilst watching the view in peace and quiet. I hope to see you again.
LMc801
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Not what we were expecting”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

The photos looked lovely and reviews great for this property and we were pleased to have booked it at such short notice BUT...
We arrived at 2pm and we're told to come back at 2:30pm. When we arrived back, even though the owners house is literally 10foot away and overlooking the property, we were not greeted again! The keys were I sonde the property. We took our dog as agreed at booking and we're asked to Hoover before we left which was fine. The owner came to see us the first evening to see if we had read the 'house rules' book - in particular the bit about leaving the house clean as we have found it and the £70 deposit that she would like now in cash or we could give it to her in the morning!
The house was dirty. The mattress covered in blood stains (!) and covered with a mattress topper. It was also really uncomfortable, sagging to the centre. We tried the sofa bed which has possibly NEVER been hoovered beneath and that was not great either. We ended up on the sofa bed mattress with the topper on it from the bed in the middle of the front room.
There was a cupboard full of food from previous guests and most of the cookware was dirty. We ate out so as not to use it!
The roll top bath was impressive but the hot water tank was not man enough to fill it :( which was disappointing. We read a previous review saying it was close to the owners house but we're shocked by the proximity and the fact their house seems to have lots of windows overlooking the cottage!
We left early as our back could not cope any more with the sleeping arrangements.
There seemed to be lots of cleaning products there until we actually came to use them - they were all fly spray, shower shine, plug un locker etc. so not really helpful for a final clean!
The bed linen was clean, mostly hoovered and dusted and the bathroom was clean. The kitchen work tops were clean but cupboards dirty inside. We took photos which unfortunately I do not think I will be able to download onto this site.
I have never written a review before and have done this as I feel strongly against how this cottage was sold as a clean idyllic place. It also did not have an enclosed garden space for the dog and the tennis court was around the other side of the owners house which again is a little misleading.
There was not internet connection and even though we told the owner we were leaving the filling morning she was not in at the time we wanted to leave and we had to wait for herto return.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Stained mattress
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
May 8, 2014
I am sorry for your disappointing experience. The bed cost me more than 1500 pounds as I believed it important to buy a good bed for my guests (approved by numerous Tripadvisor reviews). I thought I would rather use 3 inch thick mattress topper to disregard little nose bleed from previous baby guests who happened to sleep between the parents. It is completely reupholstered now and hope you will not disappoint if you ever come back. As you complained, I now removed the topper which probably was a wrong idea to use with another memory foam mattress of Staple bed. There is always internet connection in the house which is usable with the WiFi code left in my Welcome book. The dried foods were left for the guests' convenience and the dishes are and must be left clean as a rule, which is why there is seventy pounds damage deposit rule. Hot water is not tank supplied but is operated by central heating for which I hope you would have informed me if there was any problem. I endeavor to make the cottage as most comfortable as I can and indeed feel sorry if you felt it uncomfortable. However, I promise this will be your last disappointment if you ever come back.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing