“Can't wait to go back!”

Virgilio's Pizzeria & Portugese Grill
Ranked #4 of 91 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family run business been going since 1989, fresh mouth watering dishes bursting with flavours.All our ingredients are from local supplier's, if it's a lovely atmosphere along with great food that yourAfter Virgilio 's is for you. Every one is welcome
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We have been to Virgilio's a few times in the past and have always been happy with the food there. However, when we visited last night I noticed that the menu had changed since our last visit. My usual favourites were no longer on the menu so I was unsure what to order. That's where Andrio stepped in! He was so helpful explaining the new dishes on the menu and sooo patient waiting for me to decide what I wanted to order! You simply MUST try the espetada de carne - a steak dish that words just cannot describe! The food was so good that we have ordered a take away from there this evening. I cannot wait to go back and try some of the other new dishes on the menu. Overall, friendly and helpful staff and beautiful food!

1  Thank elismum

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Only small, and hidden in Penrhyn Road....search it out for a real Portugese/Italian experience.
The 'Espetada De Frango' is a meat, chicken or seafood, hanging metal skewer served at your table. Great with portugese rice. A very varied pasta/pizza menu is also available.
The staff are friendly and helpful, and Virgilio's has a great ambiance. We will definitely be returning!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had meals here on Fri and Saturday night during Colwyn Bay's 1940's festival. The service excellent on both evenings
and the food was among the best we have ever eaten. Sorry I don't remember any names of the staff but they were all incredible. Thank you all so much for a truly enjoyable service. we will definately be back.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

If my only slight concern is that the notice on the door said it opened at 17:00, but did not until 17:30, and that did not impact on our enjoyment of this restaurant, I think says a lot. Yes it was a little annoying to find something to do for 1/2 hour in Colwyn Bay, but was well worth it. Food, atmosphere and service were all top dollar. We started with chillie and tomato pizza bread. I followed with canneloni whilst my wife had a skewer of steak and prawns. Food was excellent and including starter and two drinks came to £52, good value for money. I would highly recommend this establishment, but check ahead before arriving to check opening times (01492 534239).

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were staying at the local Travelodge (excellent) and asked for recommendations of where to eat. My husband chose this place and we turned up just before 5pm on a Tuesday evening. The sign on the door said they opened at five so we hung around, a lady appeared at the window and said they didnt open until half past! I was by now ready to go somewhere else but my husband persuaded me to go for a strioll and return. I don't often listen to him but thank goodness I did on this occasion as the food was amazing. To start with we shared a tomato and chilli garlic pizza bread which was VERY spicy- just how I like it. My husbands main was canneloni and I had Espetada Mista - a mixture of jumbo king prawns marinated in garlic, coriander and lemon with cubes of sirloin with rock salt, garlic and bay leaves. This was served on a huge skewer that came on a hanging rack rather than on your plate - it reminded me very much of the food I have eaten in Brazil. This is possibly the Portugese influence.
The waitress was very pleasant and knowledagble about the food. White wine by the glass wasn't anything special so I would suggest having a bottle as there was much more choice.
Two fantastic meals with drinks for less than £45. Special lunchtime deals were also available.
This place doesn't look much from the outside, but if you walk past you'll be missing a treat.